|Sophie Nélisse Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 2000|
Sophie Nélisse is a Canadian actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Alice L’Écuyer in Monsieur Lazhar, Liesel Meminger in The Book Thief, Caroline in The Kid Detective, and Teenage Shauna in Yellowjackets. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Ésimésac, The Great Gilly Hopkins, Mean Dreams, Wait Till Helen Comes, Worst Case, We Get Married, The Rest of Us, 47 Meters Down: Uncaged, Vertige, Les Dieux de la Danse, and many more. For her acting skills, Sophie has been honored with several awards such as the Genie Award, Jutra Award, Satellite Award, and Young Artist Award.
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
- Mother – Pauline Belhumeur (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Isabelle Nélisse (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Enfance de l’Art
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
48 kg or 106 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
Sophie has French-Canadian ancestry.
Blue eyes and blonde hair
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
She is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 7 (US).
Best Known For
Playing Liesel Meminger in the The Book Thief (2013) and as Alice L’Écuyer in the Monsieur Lazhar (2011).
Sophie debuted with the 2011 French-language drama film Monsieur Lazhar for her role as Alice L’Écuyer. She also won the “Best Supporting Actress” award for her performance in the film.
First TV Show
In 2010, Sophie appeared in French TV show Mirador in just 1 episode for her role as Jeune fille de Ralf.
Sophie is a fitness freak and an athletic person. She has been doing gymnastics since childhood. At 4, she was doing 35 hours of gymnastics a week. After the start of her acting career full time, Sophie still finds time to gymnast. Here, we found a short over 3-minute video of her workout interview. Catch it below.
Sophie Nélisse Facts
- Her mom started serving as her as well as her younger sister Isabelle’s manager in 2013 when she left her job as a school teacher.
- Sophie is fluent in French and English.
- At 4, she relocated with her family to Montréal, Québec from Windsor, Ontario within Canada.
- Sophie initially planned to become an athlete. Considering that, she also started her training in gymnastics.
- In order to pay her gymnastics training, she signed with a talent agency which would fetch her some money by doing some gigs.
- After the success of the 2013 film The Book Thief, she shifted her focus to acting from gymnastics.
- She likes pop music such as that of Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.
- She enjoys watching TV, and make her own music videos with the mobile app called “Video Star”.