Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Her educational background is not known.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Pauline Belhumeur (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Isabelle Nélisse (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Enfance de l’Art
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
48 kg or 106 pounds
She has not publicly dated anyone.
Race / Ethnicity
Sophie has French-Canadian ancestry.
Blue eyes and blonde hair
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
She is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 7 (US).
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Playing Liesel Meminger in the The Book Thief (2013) and as Alice L’Écuyer in the Monsieur Lazhar (2011).
Sophie debuted with 2011 French-language drama film Monsieur Lazhar for her role as Alice L’Écuyer. She also won the “Best Supporting Actress” award for her performance in the film.
First TV Show
In 2010, Sophie appeared in French TV show Mirador in just 1 episode for her role as Jeune fille de Ralf.
Sophie is a fitness freak and an athletic person. She has been doing gymnastics since childhood. At 4, she was doing 35 hours of gymnastics a week. After the start of her acting career full time, Sophie still finds time to gymnast. Here, we found a short over 3-minute video of her workout interview. Catch it below.
Sophie Nélisse Favorite Things
Sophie Nélisse Facts
- Her mom started serving as her as well as her younger sister Isabelle’s manager in 2013 when she left her job as a school teacher.
- Sophie is fluent in French and English.
- At 4, she relocated with her family to Montréal, Québec from Windsor, Ontario within Canada.
- Sophie initially planned to become an athlete. Considering that, she also started her training in gymnastics.
- In order to pay her gymnastics training, she signed with a talent agency which would fetch her some money by doing some gigs.
- After the success of 2013 film The Book Thief, she shifted her focus to acting from gymnastics.
- She likes pop music such as that of Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.
- She enjoys watching TV, and make her own music videos with the mobile app called “Video Star”.
- Join Sophie on Twitter and Instagram.