Jennifer Leann Carpenter
Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.
Carpenter went to St. Raphael the Archangel and then to Sacred Heart Academy in Louisville, Kentucky. She then got acting training from the Walden Theatre Conservatory program.
Jennifer also enrolled herself in New York City’s Juilliard School to do an acting course.
- Father – Robert Carpenter
- Mother – Catherine (née Mitchell)
- Siblings – She has a sister, who is a chiropractor.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer Carpenter dated –
- Michael C. Hall (2007-2011) – Jennifer and Michael both met on the set of famous TV series Dexter in 2006. They started dating in November 2007. After dating for over a year, the couple married in a secret ceremony on December 31, 2008. They made their debut as a married couple at Golden Globes in 2009. The duo split in December 2010, after two years of married life. Their divorce was finalized on December 2, 2011. They reportedly got back together in 2012.
- Seth Avett (2013-Present) – Jennifer Carpenter started dating musician Seth Avett in May 2013. They are still seeing each other.
Race / Ethnicity
37-25-35 in or 94-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
Best Known For
Playing Debra Morgan in the Showtime’s drama television series Dexter from 2006 to 2013. She also won a “Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress on Television” for her performance.
She appeared in the 1999 romantic comedy film Nice Guys Sleep Alone. Her role is uncredited in the film.
First TV Show
She debuted with hit TV series Dexter. From 2006 to 2013, Jennifer played the role as Debra Morgan in the Showtime’s drama series Dexter. She appeared in a total of 96 episodes.
She does not take fitness as a serious thing or a pressure over the body. It is not a chore for her.
Jennifer is good at running since grade school. She also keeps varying her workout routine by incorporating exercises like Physique 57 and SoulCycle.
A better gym motivates a person to go more often. So Carpenter likes to go to Equinox.
Regarding diet, she likes to maintain a balance between her splurges and eating clean, organic foods. As a gym goer, eating clean foods will have a good impact on the body and the workout can be performed with much greater intensity. Jennifer feels herself full of energy, when she eats clean, organic foods.
Her go-to-snack is having salad at Trader Joes.
Jennifer Carpenter Facts
- Carpenter voiced the role of Julie Kidman in the survival horror video game The Evil Within released in 2014.
- She came to know that she would want to become an actor at the age of 8.
- She started her acting career in 2001.
- Jennifer is a fan of The Dixie Chicks.
- American film director, composer, editor, John Carpenter is not related to Jennifer Carpenter.
- She is a runner and one day she would like to run alongside fellow actor Peter Sarsgaard.
- Carpenter does charity work for Clothing Immaterial.
- She actually auditioned three times for her part in Dexter TV series.
- She ran a New York City Marathon in 2010 and completed it in 3:34.
- She is good friends with Amanda Seyfried.
- Connect with Jennifer Carpenter on Twitter.