|Jennifer Carpenter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 7, 1979|
Jennifer Carpenter is an American actor, voice actor, and producer who is known for her television roles like Debra Morgan in the Showtime crime drama series Dexter, Rebecca Harris in the CBS comedy-drama series Limitless, and Erica Shepherd in the NBC drama series The Enemy Within. Moreover, her film credits include The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher, Battle in Seattle, Gone, Seeking Justice, A Mouthful of Air, Brawl in Cell Block 99, The Devil’s Hand, Batman: Gotham by Gaslight, Dragged Across Concrete, Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge, and Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms.
Jennifer Leann Carpenter
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Carpenter went to St. Raphael the Archangel and then to Sacred Heart Academy in Louisville, Kentucky. She then got acting training from the Walden Theatre Conservatory program.
Jennifer also enrolled herself in New York City’s Juilliard School to do an acting course.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer
- Father – Robert Carpenter
- Mother – Catherine (née Mitchell)
- Siblings – She has a sister, who is a chiropractor.
- Others – Wilbur X. Carpenter (Paternal Grandfather), Christine Cartmill (Paternal Grandmother), James B. Mitchell (Maternal Grandfather)
Jennifer Carpenter has been repped by –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Her net worth has been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer Carpenter has dated –
- Michael C. Hall (2007-2011) – Jennifer and Michael both met on the set of the famous TV series Dexter in 2006. They started dating in November 2007. After dating for over a year, the couple married in a secret ceremony on December 31, 2008. They made their debut as a married couple at Golden Globes in 2009. The duo split in December 2010, after two years of married life. Their divorce was finalized on December 2, 2011. They reportedly got back together in 2012.
- Seth Avett (2013-Present) – Jennifer Carpenter started dating musician Seth Avett in May 2013 and their engagement was announced on February 10, 2015. In February 2015, they were also blessed with their first child – a son named Isaac Avett. The duo then got married in May 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Jennifer Carpenter is of Scottish, English, Irish, German, and Welsh descent.
37-25-35 in or 94-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Playing Debra Morgan in the Showtime drama television series Dexter from 2006 to 2013. For this role, she won a Saturn Award for “Best Supporting Actress on Television” as well as was nominated for a Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series”, Prism Award for “Female Performance in a Drama Series”, and Golden Nymph Award for “Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series”.
She appeared in the 1999 romantic comedy film Nice Guys Sleep Alone. Her role is uncredited in the film.
First TV Show
She debuted with the hit TV series Dexter. From 2006 to 2013, Jennifer played the role of Debra Morgan in the Showtime drama series Dexter. She appeared in a total of 96 episodes.
She does not take fitness as a serious thing or a pressure on the body. It is not a chore for her.
Jennifer is good at running since grade school. She also keeps varying her workout routine by incorporating exercises like Physique 57 and SoulCycle.
A better gym motivates a person to go more often. So Carpenter likes to go to Equinox.
Regarding diet, she likes to maintain a balance between her splurges and eating clean, organic foods. As a gym-goer, eating clean foods will have a good impact on the body and the workout can be performed with much greater intensity. Jennifer feels full of energy, when she eats clean, organic foods.
Her go-to snack is having salad at Trader Joe’s.
Jennifer Carpenter Facts
- Carpenter voiced the role of Julie Kidman in the survival horror video game The Evil Within released in 2014.
- She came to know that she would want to become an actor at the age of 8.
- She started her acting career in 2001.
- Jennifer is a fan of The Dixie Chicks.
- American film director, composer, and editor, John Carpenter is not related to Jennifer Carpenter.
- She is a runner and one day she would like to run alongside fellow actor Peter Sarsgaard.
- Carpenter does charity work for Clothing Immaterial.
- She actually auditioned three times for her part in the Dexter TV series.
- She ran a New York City Marathon in 2010 and completed it in 3:34.
- She is good friends with Amanda Seyfried.
- She has revealed that she was 8-and-a-half months pregnant while shooting the pilot episode of the CBS series Limitless.
- Alongside Amanda Seyfried, Finn Wittrock, Paul Giamatti, and others, she co-starred as Lucy in the 2021 psychological drama film A Mouthful of Air.