|Chris Redd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 25, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chris Redd is an American actor, stand-up comedian, voiceover artist, and writer who is known for joining the cast of the late-night live television sketch comedy and variety show Saturday Night Live in 2017. In addition to that, he has also played a variety of on-screen roles such as Carl in Chicago P.D., Carlo in Scare Me, Mason in Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Steven “Dank” Dankerson in Disjointed, Detective Gunner in Handsome, and Jace Jizz in Deep Murder.
Christopher Jerell Redd
St Louis, Missouri, United States
Chris Redd studied at Neuqua Valley High School located in Naperville and then got enrolled at community college in Elgin, Illinois.
Actor, Stand-Up Comedian, Voiceover Artist, Writer
Chris Redd is represented by Danis, Panaro & Nist, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Cheeky smile
- Deep-set eyes
Chris Redd Facts
- He was 8 years old when he relocated to Naperville, Illinois.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Hunter the Hungry in the 2016 mockumentary comedy film, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, starring Andy Samberg, Sarah Silverman, and others.
- Chris Redd joined the cast of the 43rd season of Saturday Night Live as a featured player on September 26, 2017.
- In 2018, he won the Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics” for his work on Saturday Night Live.
- On Saturday Night Live, he has done impressions of many celebrities including Offset, Sterling K. Brown, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Will Smith, Cory Booker, Wesley Snipes, Jaleel White, Jordan Peele, Soulja Boy, Mahershala Ali, Jussie Smollett, and Nick Cannon.
- In July 2017, Chris Redd made his TV show debut as a voiceover artist by providing vocals to the character of Singe in an episode titled The Royal Dragon of the animated musical fantasy adventure series, Sofia the First.
- He appeared as Steve “Dank” Dankerson, a frequent customer of Ruth’s Alternative Caring and Dabby’s boyfriend, in the web television comedy series, Disjointed, between 2017 and 2018.
- Chris Redd co-starred as Carlo in the 2020 horror film, Scare Me, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on January 24, 2020.
- As a writer, he has worked on projects such as Laugh Factory, Comedy Central Stand-Up Presents, This Is Not Happening, Last Laff, The New Negroes, and Gotham Comedy Live.
Featured Image by Chris Redd / Instagram