|Andy Samberg Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 18, 1978|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Andy Samberg is an American actor, voice actor, comedian, musician, producer, and screenwriter who is best known for playing the role of Jake Peralta in the police procedural comedy television series Brooklyn Nine-Nine. He was also a cast member on Saturday Night Live from 2005 to 2012 as well as has been a member of the comedy music group The Lonely Island. Over the years, Andy Samberg has also been cast in a variety of movies such as Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, Space Chimps, Hot Rod, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, Friends with Benefits, The Watch, Celeste and Jesse Forever, That’s My Boy, Hotel Transylvania, The To Do List, Grown Ups 2, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Hotel Transylvania 2, Tour de Pharmacy, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, Palm Springs, Neighbors, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, America: The Motion Picture, Hotel Transylvania: Transformania, Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers, and I Love You, Man.
Andrew David Samberg
Berkeley, California, United States
Andy Samberg went to Berkeley High School and graduated in 1996.
He then got enrolled at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He studied there for two years before moving to New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. He finally graduated from the university in 2000 with a major in experimental film.
Actor, Voice Actor, Musician, Comedian, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Joe Samberg (Photographer)
- Mother – Majorie Samberg (Elementary School Teacher)
- Siblings – Johanna Samberg (Sister), Darrow Samberg (Sister)
- Others – Paul D. Samberg (Paternal Grandfather), Fanny R. Wilinsky (Paternal Grandmother), Alfred J. Marrow (Maternal Grandfather) (Industrial Psychologist, philanthropist and former executive chair of the American Jewish Congress), Monette Courod (Maternal Grandmother), Tammy Baldwin (Third Cousin) (US Senator from Wisconsin)
Andy Samberg has been represented by –
- ID Public Relations
- Lonely Island West, Inc., Company, Encino, Los Angeles, California, United States
Comedy, hip hop
His net worth has been $25 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andy Samberg has dated
- Kirsten Dunst (2006) – Andy Samberg was linked up with actress Kirsten Dunst in July 2006. It was reported that she had fallen for his humor while shooting for Spiderman 3 in New York City.
- Natalie Portman (2007) – Andy was reported to be in a relationship with actress Natalie Portman in 2007. It was claimed that he was helping her get over her ex-boyfriend Gael García Bernal. They had met a year before when she had hosted the TV show, Saturday Night Live. They had even collaborated for a spoof rap video that took a satirical aim at her ‘Little Miss Perfect’ reputation.
- Joanna Newsom (2008-Present) – Andy was Joanna Newsom’s big fan well before they started dating. He was regular at her concerts. Fortunately, they had mutual friends who introduced them and they started dating in 2008. After dating for nearly 5 years, Andy proposed to her in February 2013. In September 2013, they got married in a lavish wedding held in Big Sur. In March 2014, they bought the iconic Moorcrest estate, which was once owned by the legendary Charlie Chaplin, in the Beachwood Canyon locality of Los Angeles. The duo was blessed with their first child together, a daughter, in August 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Andy has Lithuanian Jewish, Polish Jewish, and Russian Jewish ancestry.
- Shaggy and slightly curly hair
- Big smile
Andy has been seen in adverts for
- Windows Phone (2012)
- Hulu TV
Best Known For
- Having been a cast member of the popular comedy show, Saturday Night Live, for nearly 7 years until his exit in 2012.
- Being cast in the leading role in Fox police sitcom, Brooklyn Nine-Nine. For this role, he won the Golden Globe Award for “Best Actor – Television Series Musical or Comedy”, American Comedy Award for “Best Comedy Actor – TV”, and Poppy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series”. The role also got him nominated for many other accolades including the People’s Choice Award, Teen Choice Award, and Critics’ Choice Award.
As a Singer
As a member of the three-piece comedy group, The Lonely Island, Andy has released a series of music albums. Their debut studio album, Incredibad, was released in February 2009 and went on to become the 8th best-selling hip-hop album of that year.
In 2007, Andy made his first film appearance in a leading role in the comedy movie, Hot Rod.
First TV Show
From 2003 to 2004, Andy appeared in the role of Aaron in the drama series, The ‘Bu. He also served as a writer for a TV show.
As his age has started to creep up on him, Andy has gotten serious about working out. He makes sure that he is working out regularly. Andy even tries to find space for exercising in his cramped schedule.
He has also started to watch what he is eating and has cut back on drinks. Even for snacking, he prefers to go for healthy options such as celery and carrots dipped in almond butter.
Andy Samberg Favorite Things
- Food – Sandwiches
- Contemporary Comedy TV Shows – Portlandia, Key & Peele, Comedy Bang Bang, and Kroll Show
- Music Album – Blood on the Tracks by Bob Dylan
Andy Samberg Facts
- Andy discovered Saturday Night Live as a child while trying to watch professional wrestling behind his parent’s backs. He became obsessed with it ever since and in 2005, he finally fulfilled his childhood dream after being cast in the show.
- Due to the work he had done for the sketch comedy website, TheLonelyIsland.com, he was able to get the opportunity to work on Saturday Night Live. The work on the website also helped him bag an agent.
- Andy and other members of The Lonely Island had known each other since junior year. They regrouped after completing their respective college studies and formally established their group in Los Angeles.
- His comedy group has launched its exclusive merchandise and has even sold customized T-shirts with Andy’s name emblazoned on the front.
- Alongside Josh Peck, Tony Revolori, Emily Chang, Cleopatra Coleman, and Kevin Corrigan, he co-starred as Johnny in the 2017 black comedy film Take the 10.
- He co-starred as Nyles (Misty’s boyfriend and Sarah’s love interest) in the science fiction romantic comedy film Palm Springs in 2020. This role earned him a Critics’ Choice Super Award for “Best Actor in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Movie”.