|Angus Macfadyen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1963|
Angus Macfadyen is a successful actor, writer, director, and producer. He is known for his roles in films including Braveheart, Robert the Bruce, Equilibrium, Saw franchise, We Bought a Zoo, Cradle Will Rock, Warriors Of Virtue, and The Lost City of Z. He has also acted in television series including Turn: Washington’s Spies, Strange Angel, Californication, Criminal Minds, and Chuck. Angus has a Master’s Degree in French and English at the University of Edinburgh.
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Angus Macfadyen studied at the International Baccalaureate, Copenhagen. Later, he joined the University of Edinburgh and graduated in MA (Hons) in French and English. He also took lessons at the Central School of Speech and Drama in London.
Actor, Writer, Director, Producer
- Father – His father worked as a doctor in the World Health Organization.
Angus Macfadyen is managed by
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd., London, United Kingdom
- Innovative Artists, California, United States
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Angus Macfadyen has dated –
- Catherine Zeta-Jones (1995-1996) – They were once engaged to each other.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Angus Macfadyen Favorite Things
- Actor – Gerard Depardieu
- Scene From Braveheart (1995) – The scene where the little girl gives William Wallace the little boy, the thistle at the father’s grave.
Source – The Guardian, lrmonline.com
Angus Macfadyen Facts
- He grew up in many places including the Philippines, Africa, Singapore, and France.
- He can speak French fluently.
- Angus has played the role of Robert the Bruce in 2 films, Braveheart (1995) and Robert the Bruce (2019).
- He has written a play titled 1905, which won the 1991 Questors Theatre Student Playwriting Award.
- For his character of Orson Welles in the film Cradle Will Rock (1999), he stuffed himself on steaks, red wine, and chocolate to put on extra weight.
- He feels he has the face for medieval character films and was born in the wrong century.
- He regrets missing out on the role of Commodus, played by Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator (2000).
Featured Image by Red Carpet News TV / YouTube