|Tracy Morgan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1968|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tracy Morgan is a prominently known American stand-up comedian and actor who is best known for his characters in Saturday Night Live (1996–2003) and Tracy Jordan in 30 Rock (2006–2013).
Tracy Jamel Morgan
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Tracy divides his time between New York and New Jersey.
Tracy attended DeWitt Clinton High School.
Stand-Up Comedian, Actor
- Father – Jimmy Morgan (Musician, Veteran)
- Mother – Alicia Warden (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Jimmy Morgan, Jr. (Brother), Asia Morgan (Sister), he has 2 more siblings.
Morgan is represented by Creative Artists Agency, Kovert Creative, ML Management, and Hansen Jacobson.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tracy Morgan has dated –
- Sabina Morgan (1984-2009) – Tracy and Sabina started dating one another in high school in 1984. Later, in 1987, after the death of his father, Morgan quit school and tied the knot with her. However, they legally part ways in August 2009. Together, the couple has 3 children named Gitrid Morgan (b. 1986), Malcolm Morgan (b. 1988), and Tracy Morgan Jr. (b. 1992).
- Tanishaa Mukerji (2008)
- Lil’ Kim (2008)
- Megan Wollover (2011-2020) – Model Megan Wollover and Tracy got married on August 23, 2015. However, Morgan filed for legal separation in July 2020. They have a daughter named Maven (b. July 2, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
Tracy has African-American ancestry.
- His strange way of using the word “hilarious” in his sentences
- He often jokes about getting women pregnant.
Morgan has appeared in the commercials for various brands including –
- Rocket Mortgage
- MiO Fit
- Beats Electronics
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Yahoo! Screen
- Morelli Law Firm
- Optimum Spring Sale
Tracy Morgan Favorite Things
- Saturday Night Live Character – Astronaut Jones
Source – IMDb
Tracy Morgan Facts
- He was named “Tracy” after a fellow soldier and friend of his father was killed in action in Vietnam.
- He was brought up in the neighborhood of Bedford Stuyvesant in Tompkins Houses.
- During his schooling years, Morgan was bullied by his peers.
- Morgan was only 6 years old when his father decided to leave him and his family. His father was recovering heroin addict at the time. Later, at the age of 17, Tracy found out that his father had contracted AIDS from the use of a hypodermic needle. 2 years later, his father passed away in January 1987.
- Tracy was an unsuccessful drug peddler for crack cocaine while living on welfare in the past. Short of making money, he began working as a street comedian after his best friend who had been murdered a week after he advised Morgan to do comedy as a profession.
- Following the success of his career in stand-up comedy, Morgan relocated to Riverdale.
- Tracy was diagnosed with diabetes in 1996 and also has a known history of alcohol abuse. However, his negligence nearly ended his life due to a kidney failure for which he underwent a kidney transplant.
- Morgan’s words have gotten him into controversies one too many times. His first time being, for an inadequate s*xual statement relating to actress Sarah Palin on national television. On a second occasion, he stated that if his son turned out to be gay, he would “pull out a knife and stab him” if he did not speak to him like a man. On both occasions, he had apologized for the choice of his words.
- On June 7, 2014, the Mercedes Sprinter minibus that he was traveling in was struck by a tractor-trailer operated by Walmart that caused a six-car pileup in New Jersey. Following the crash, he was flown to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey, where he was treated for a broken nose, several broken ribs, as well as a broken leg and femur.
- He has cited comedians Carol Burnett, Jackie Gleason, Martin Lawrence, Eddie Murphy, and Richard Pryor to be his comedic inspirations.
Featured Image By Tracy Morgan / Instagram