|Sarah Palin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1964|
Sarah Palin is an American politician, author, and television personality who served as the Governor of the state of Alaska from 2006 to 2009. She was the Republican Party’s nominee for the post of the Vice President of the United States in the 2008 Presidential elections. Sarah then served as a political commentator for Fox News from 2010 to 2015, and has starred in or hosted several reality TV shows such as Sarah Palin’s Alaska (2010-2011) and Amazing America with Sarah Palin (2014-2015).
Sarah Louise Heath
Caribou Barbie, Sarita, Alaskan Evita, Bayonetta, Sarah Barracuda, Governor Palin, Hockey Mom
Sandpoint, Idaho, United States
Wasilla, Alaska, United States
Sarah attended the Wasilla High School, where she was the head of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and graduated in 1982. She was then enrolled at the University of Hawaii at Hilo but got a transferred to Hawaii Pacific University in Honolulu for a semester in 1982.
Sarah then enrolled at the North Idaho College for a few semesters of 1983. She again got a transfer to the University of Idaho for the academic year starting in August 1984. In 1985, she attended Matanuska-Susitna College in Alaska and then returned to the University of Idaho in January 1986, from where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in communications in May 1987.
Politician, Political Commentator, Author, TV Personality
- Father – Charles Richard “Chuck” Heath (Science Teacher, Track-and-Field Coach)
- Mother – Sarah “Sally” Heath (née Sheeran) (School Secretary) (Died in January 2021)
- Siblings – Chuck Heath Jr. (Brother), Heather Bruce (Sister), Molly Heath McCann (Sister)
- Others – Kurt Bruce (Brother-in-Law), Dakota Meyer (Ex Son-in-Law) (Armed Forces Serviceman), Britta Hanson (Ex Daughter-in-Law), Ricky Bailey (Son-in-Law), Charles Francis Heath (Paternal Grandfather), Charles Richard Heath (Paternal Great Grandfather), Alice Adeline Maria Oriel (Paternal Great Grandmother), Nellie Marie Brandt (Paternal Grandmother), Henry Charles Brandt (Paternal Great Grandfather), May Belle Ruddock (Paternal Great Grandmother), Clement James Sheeran (Maternal Grandfather), Michael James Sheeran (Maternal Great Grandfather), Ida Henrietta Mueller (Maternal Great Grandmother), Helen Louise Gower (Maternal Grandmother), James Carl Gower (Maternal Great Grandfather), Cora Godfrey Strong (Maternal Great Grandmother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah has dated –
- Glen Rice (1987) – Rumor
- Todd Palin (1988-2019) – Sarah eloped with oilfield production operator and commercial fisherman Todd Palin in August 1988. They got married on August 29, 1988, and have 5 children together – sons Track (b. April 20, 1989) and Trig Paxson Van (b. 2008), and daughters Bristol Sheeran Marie (b. October 18, 1990), Willow Bianca Faye (b. July 7, 1994), and Piper Indy Grace (b. March 19, 2001). The couple also has 7 grandchildren – 3 by Bristol (Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston, Sailor Grace Meyer, Atlee Bay Meyer), 2 by Track (Kyla Grace Palin, Charlie Mitchell Palin), and 2 by Willow (twin girls named Banks and Blaise). Todd filed for divorce from Sarah on August 29, 2019. However, the procedure was not completed as of January 2020.
- Brad Hanson (1996-1997) – Rumor
- Ron Duguay (2022) – In January 2022, Sarah was rumored to be dating New York Rangers hockey player Ron Duguay after they were spotted out for dinner.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, German, Irish and distant Dutch and Scottish ancestry.
- Often appears in Kazuo Kawasaki designer glasses
- Shoulder-length hair with curls at the end
- Gleaming face
- Affable smile
- Toned physique
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU) or 5 (UK)
Sarah Palin Favorite Things
- Interest/Hobbies – Fishing, Horse Riding
- Pet – Dogs
- Beverage – Skinny White-Chocolate Mocha
- Music Band – Van Halen
- Dish – Moose Stew
Source – GunsAndAmmo.com, PPCorn.com
Sarah Palin Facts
- Sarah’s family moved from Idaho to Skagway, Alaska when she was a toddler, as her father had been hired for a teaching assignment there. The family relocated to Eagle River, Anchorage in 1969 and eventually settled in the city of Wasilla in 1972.
- She used to play the flute for her junior high school band. When she was in her senior year of high school, she co-captained the basketball team that won the 1982 Alaska state championship.
- Sarah won the 1984 Miss Wasilla beauty pageant and stood 3rd in the Miss Alaska competition, where she won ‘Miss Congeniality.’
- After graduating from university, she worked for a while as a sportscaster for KTUU-TV and KTVA-TV in Anchorage and as a sports reporter for the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman newspaper.
- Sarah was elected to the Wasilla City Council in 1992 and then ran for the position of the Mayor of Wasilla in 1996. She won the elections and held that position till October 2002.
- In 2006, Sarah was elected as the Governor of the state of Alaska. She was the first woman and the youngest person to hold that post.
- Sarah became the first citizen from the state of Alaska to win a major American political party’s nomination for the Presidential/Vice-Presidential elections in 2008. She was also the first female to get the Republican party’s nomination for the post of the United States’ Vice-President.
- In 2010, she was named among the “World’s 100 Most Influential People” by Time Magazine.
- She launched an online news network named the Sarah Palin Channel in July 2014. However, it was shut down within a year.
- In March 2021, Sarah revealed that she and many of her family members including her son Trig had been tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0