|Sasheer Zamata Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 6, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sasheer Zamata is an American actress and comedian who is best known for her appearances as a cast member of the iconic late-night sketch comedy TV series Saturday Night Live from 2014 to 2017. She is well recognized for her impersonation of female celebrities and has played Michelle Obama in the 2009 short film Michelle Obama’s Breaking Point, Tyra Banks in the 2010 short film Tyra Banks Exclusive 2010, and Beyoncé Knowles in the 2015 short film The Jay Z Story. Sasheer has hosted a live variety show called Sasheer Zamata Party Time and has created standup specials such as Special Pizza Mind. She has served as a celebrity ambassador for the non-partisan, non-profit American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
Sasheer Zamata Moore
Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sasheer had graduated from the Pike High School in Indianapolis, Indiana. She then earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Virginia. At the university, she was a founding member of an improv comedy troupe called Amuse Bouche and had also participated, for a semester, in the Disney College Program, an internship program where she had portrayed several costumed Disney characters.
- Father – Henry Moore (Former Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Air Force)
- Mother – Ivory Steward
- Others – Robert Lee Steward, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Robert Lee Steward (Maternal Great Grandfather), Lottie Blount (Maternal Great Grandmother), Maurice LaBlance Mahon (Maternal Grandmother), Leroy Washington Stenthouse (Maternal Great Grandfather), Caroline Angeline Hobson (Maternal Great Grandmother)
She is represented by –
- Sam Saifer, Manager, Avalon Entertainment, Talent Management Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Danielle Schoenberg, Manager, The Gersh Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Petite frame
- Afro hairstyle
- Charming smile
Sasheer Zamata Facts
- She was born in Japan as her father, an Air Force officer, was stationed there at the time. She was later raised in Indianapolis, Indiana as her family moved there after her father’s overseas deployment had ended.
- Sasheer revealed in an interview that her parents had named her after the fictional alien flower-like crystal called Sahsheer that was featured in a 1968 episode titled By Any Other Name in the science-fiction TV series Star Trek.
- In 2014, she became the first black female cast member on Saturday Night Live since Maya Rudolph had departed the show in 2007, its 33rd season.
- She voiced the character of Sally in the 2016 video game Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare: Zombies in Spaceland.
- Sasheer has been listed in Time Out New York‘s ‘Top 10 Funniest Women in NYC’ as well as Brooklyn Magazine‘s ’50 Funniest People in Brooklyn’ lists.
- She is one of the co-creators of the web series Pursuit of Sexiness, which was named among the ‘Top 10 Web Series of 2013’ by Variety magazine.
Featured Image by Sasheer Zamata / Instagram