|Iman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 25, 1955|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Iman is a Somali-American actress, model, and entrepreneur who is known for her philanthropic work as well as for her relationship with singer-songwriter and actor David Bowie until his death in 2016.
Zara Mohamed Abdulmajid
Mogadishu, Trust Territory of Somaliland
New York City, New York, United States
Iman was enrolled in boarding school in Egypt at the age of 4.
She attended the University of Nairobi for a brief period in 1975, where she studied political science.
Fashion Model, Actress, Entrepreneur
- Father – Mohamed Abdulmajid (Diplomat, Former Somali Ambassador to Saudi Arabia)
- Mother – Mariam (Gynecologist)
- Siblings – Elias (Brother), Feisal (Brother), Idil (Younger Sister), Nadia (Younger Sister)
Iman is represented by TESS Management in London.
Iman’s net worth was $120 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Iman has dated –
- Rick James
- Hassan (1973-1975) – Iman was married to Hilton hotelier executive Hassan from 1973 to 1975.
- Warren Beatty (1977)
- Spencer Haywood (1977-1987) – She met American basketball player Spencer Haywood in 1977, and tied the knot. The two of them share a child named Zulekha Haywood (b. 1978). After spending almost a decade with one another, the couple divorced in February 1987.
- William Reagan (1986-1988)
- David Bowie (1990-2016) – Iman first met English singer-songwriter and actor David Bowie in 1990 on a blind date set up by their hairdresser. It was reported that they were finding it difficult to meet people because of which they decided to go on a blind date. After a nerve-wracking initial 5 minutes, they got along perfectly and decided to start dating. In April 1992, they got married in a private ceremony in Lausanne. In August 2000, she gave birth to their daughter, Alexandria “Lexi” Zahra Jones.
Race / Ethnicity
Iman has Somali ancestry.
However, she prefers to sport a set of blue-colored lenses.
- Her long neck, tall stature, slender figure, fine features, and copper-toned skin
Iman has appeared in commercials for various brands including Revlon, 1988 Pontiac Grand Am, 1996 Wendy’s Chicken Sandwich, and Barney Buddies.
Iman Favorite Things
- Person Of All-Time – David Bowie
- Artist Of All-Time – Jean-Michel Basquiat
- Places To Visit – Bali, Florence
- Perfume – Fracas Robert Piguet
- Soundtrack – Barry Lyndon
- Fashion Photographer – Richard Avedon
- Nonprofit Organization – Children’s Defense Fund
- Physical Activity – Boxing
Source – Chicago Tribune
- Prior to the age of 4, she had lived with her grandparents, after which she was sent off to boarding school in Egypt and attended schooling there throughout her adolescent and childhood years.
- While Iman was studying at university, American photographer Peter Beard spotted her and had an influence in getting her to pursue modeling. After that, she relocated to the United States to start her career in the fashion industry.
- She got her first modeling assignment in 1976, with Vogue.
- Her home in New York was decorated by Jonathan Reed.
- In 1994, Iman founded her brand Iman Cosmetics that is focused on making shades that are difficult to find for women. Later, in 2007, Iman formed Global Chic.
- She is said to be a muse of well-known designers Gianni Versace, Thierry Mugler, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, and is a favorite of Yves Saint Laurent.
- Iman is multilingual and can speak Somali, Arabic, Italian, French, and English.
- Over the years, Iman has worked with various well-known photographers such as Helmut Newton, Richard Avedon, Irving Penn, and Annie Leibovitz.
- Her philanthropic work includes her work with several non-profit organizations such as CARE‘s first-ever Global Advocate, Keep a Child Alive, Children’s Defense Fund, Save the Children, and Enough Project.
Featured Image By Iman / Instagram