|Val Mercado Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 17, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Val Mercado is an American model, journalist, blogger, social media star, and actor who is known for her immense popularity on several social media platforms. On March 24, 2014, she joined YouTube with her self-titled channel and has accrued a fan base of more than 500k subscribers.
New York City, New York, United States
Val Mercado was enrolled as a full-time student at a nursing school in New York City.
In one of her YouTube videos, she has revealed that she is a college graduate. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in broadcast journalism. However, it is not known which college she attended.
Model, journalist, blogger, social media star, and actor
- Siblings – She has 6 younger siblings. Her one brother is in the US army.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Val Mercado has dated –
- Tyga (2016) – Val Mercado was first linked with rapper Tyga in January 2016 after he was spotted out shopping with her in Los Angeles. In February, the DuJour magazine claimed that she had spent a night at Tyga’s place. The crew from the magazine were visiting Tyga’s house for an interview and they found Val standing outside his house and waiting for the ride. They claimed that her hair was matted and it was clear that she had spent the night with the rapper.
- AJ Saudin – She has also been romantically involved with AJ Saudin, a Canadian actor, singer, songwriter, and record producer who is best known for his role as Connor DeLaurier in the long-running teen drama television series Degrassi: The Next Generation.
Note – She started dating her first boyfriend at the age of 15. Also, before Tyga, she had been in two serious relationships and was already engaged once.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Dominican ancestry.
Her natural hair color is brown.
However, she has dyed her hair to a platinum blonde hue.
- Fuller lips
- Curvaceous figure
35-25-36 in or 89-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
She is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 6 (US).
Val Mercado has starred in an endorsement campaign for the Buffalo Jeans.
Also, she has directly endorsed numerous products in her YouTube videos.
Plus, she had promoted lots of products and brands by using them or strategically placing them in her videos.
Best Known For
- Her immense popularity on the various social media platforms
- Her high-profile affair with Tyga and her resemblance to his on and off girlfriend Kylie Jenner
Val Mercado Favorite Things
- Movies – Scary Movies
- Singers – Beyoncé and Lauryn Hill
- Pizza – Hawaiian pizza with ranch or blue cheese topping
- Childhood Book – The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Video Games – Super Mario 64, Mario Bros 7, Fighter’s Destiny, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
- TV Shows – Friends (1994-2004), Seinfeld (1989-1998), The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990-1996), Full House (1987-1995), The King of Queens (1998-2007)
Source – YouTube, Hollywood Life
Val Mercado Facts
- Apart from English, she has limited ability to conversing in Spanish and French. Her ability in Spanish is better than that in French.
- When she was born, her mother was just 13 years old.
- She doesn’t shave her legs unless she is forced to or has to wear a dress or bikini. She is afraid of getting a razor cut on her knees.
- She has a bad habit of laughing at the wrong moments. She once cracked up at the funeral. She also cracks up every time she steps into the elevator.
- She has got three tattoos including a ‘moon’ on her right wrist, a palm tree on the side of the middle finger of her right hand, and the word ‘Escape’ inscribed on the same finger.
- Her hair is naturally curly. Due to this reason, she hates getting her hair wet as the natural curl comes out.
- She is a big Harry Potter fan. Apart from having read all the books and watched all the movies from the series, she has bought lots of merchandise related to it, including jelly beans.
- She suffered from depression while studying in college.
- In 2010, she got her breakthrough as a journalist and blogger after she was selected by the Seventeen Magazine to write fashion articles and cover red carpet events.
- She has claimed in her interviews that social media helped her deal with her depression problem.
- She used to balance two jobs while being a full-time nursing student in New York City. She also used to take modeling assignments at that time.
- While studying in college, she served as a production assistant on the live daytime talk show, The Wendy Williams Show.
- Her Twitter handle, ClothesMindedx3 is inspired by the blog, she used to operate in college days. The ‘x3’ in the end stands for love.