|Eric Bana Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1968|
Eric Bana is an Australian actor, comedian, voiceover artist, writer, and producer whose career started with the sketch comedy series Full Frontal and he went on to appear in a variety of films such as The Castle, Chopper, Hulk, The Time Traveler’s Wife, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Closed Circuit, Deadfall, Deliver Us from Evil, The Finest Hours, The Secret Scripture, The Other Boleyn Girl, Romulus, My Father, Troy, Star Trek, and Munich. For his role as Mark “Chopper” Read in Chopper and for playing Romulus Gaita in Romulus, My Father, he was honored as the “Best Actor in a Leading Role” by the Australian Film Institute in 2000 and 2007, respectively. In addition to that, his philanthropic endeavors include having served as an ambassador for Father Chris Riley’s charity for homeless young people, Youth Off The Streets, while working with the Australian Childhood Foundation and the Bone Marrow Donor Institute. He also donated money to animal shelters in Berlin in 2004 while filming Troy, in association with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Born Place / Residence
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Eric went to Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School in Melbourne, Victoria.
He also attended the National Institute of Dramatic Art.
Actor, Comedian, Film Producer, Writer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Ivan (Worked as a logistics manager for Caterpillar, Inc)
- Mother – Eleanor (Hairdresser)
- Siblings – Anthony (Older Brother)
- Others – Mate Banadinović (Paternal Grandfather)
Eric Bana has been represented by these agencies –
- Lauren Bergman Management
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Polaris Public Relations, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eric started dating Rebecca Gleeson in 1995 when he was working on the TV series Full Frontal. Rebecca is the daughter of Murray Gleeson who has served as the Chief Justice of Australia in the past.
Eric proposed to Rebecca in the United States and they got married in 1997. They have two children – a son Klaus (b. August 1999) and a daughter Sophia (b. April 2002).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Croatian ancestry on his father’s side while he is of German descent on his mom’s side.
- Towering height
- Raspy voice
Eric Bana’s body specifications might be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Eric has served as the ambassador for Father Chris Riley’s charity.
Best Known For
Playing Bruce Banner / Hulk in the superhero film Hulk (2003), and as Hector in the epic war film Troy (2004).
Eric debuted with the 1997 comedy-drama film The Castle for his role as Con Petropoulous.
First TV Show
From 1993 to 1996, Eric played various roles in the sketch comedy series Full Frontal. He appeared in a total of 66 episodes.
Eric has played many action hero roles in various films like Hulk (2003), Troy (2004), etc.
In his life, he has made abs just once and that too, for a film role. Otherwise, he doesn’t like to make abs. According to him, abs are for people with no friends.
Bana focuses on all sorts of gym exercises like cardio, weight training, and strength training, etc.
To play Mark “Chopper” Read in the 200- film Chopper, he gained 30 pounds of fat.
Eric Bana Favorite Things
- Actors – Sam Elliott, Nick Nolte
- Team in Australian Football League – St Kilda Football Club
- Fashion Designer – Tom Ford
- Brands – John Varvatos, Calvin Klein, Gucci
- Car – Red ’74 XB Falcon coupe
- All-time Favorite Film – Mad Max (1979)
- Favorite City Outside of Australia – London
Source – IMDb, Wikipedia, Men’s Health, Details, Independent
Eric Bana Facts
- Eric was Cleo Magazine’s Bachelor of the Year 1996.
- Eric takes interest in motor racing and even participates in several Australian racing competitions.
- Actor Eric started his career as a stand-up comedian.
- At 14, Eric decided to become a motor mechanic due to his increased interest in motor racing. He wanted to leave school at that age to focus full-time on being a motor mechanic. But, his dad insisted he finish schooling first.
- At 15, for A$1100, Eric purchased his first car viz., a 1974 XB Ford Falcon coupé.
- In 2004, Eric purchased the Porsche 944 car to take part in Australia’s Porsche Challenge.
- Eric is such a big fan of St Kilda FC that he was named as the “Saints Number One Ticket Holder” in 2010.
- While he was young, his family suffered from racist taunts.
- After watching Mel Gibson‘s film Mad Max (1979), Eric decided that he wanted to become an actor.
- Bana used to work at Melbourne’s Castle Hotel as a barman. There he was convinced by a person to try comedy.
- Eric actually does not like guns.
- He was first considered to play Xander Cage in xXx (2002), but he rejected the film to act in The Nugget (2002).
- He sometimes feels short due to his brother’s height at over 200 cm.
- Richard Pryor, Paul Newman, and Barry Humphries are his idols.
- Eric has also voiced the role of Bruce Banner / Hulk in the 2003 video game Hulk.
- He starred as Aaron Falk, a federal agent, in the mystery drama thriller film, The Dry, which premiered in Melbourne on December 11, 2020.
- Connect with Eric on Twitter.