Samuel Pack Elliott
Sacramento, California, United States
Sam Elliott went to the David Douglas High School.
Post that, he got enrolled at the Clark College in Vancouver, Washington to complete a two-year course.
He also got admission at the University of Oregon. However, he dropped out of university in the senior year to pursue an acting career.
- Father – Henry Nelson Elliott (Worked at Department of Interior)
- Mother – Glynn Mamie Sparks (Physical Training Instructor)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Hardy Bishop Elliott (Paternal Grandfather), Leona Pack (Paternal Grandmother), Samuel D. Sparks, Jr (Maternal Grandfather), Zora Pope (Maternal Grandmother)
Sam Elliott is represented by The Gersh Agency, Inc.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sam Elliott has dated
- Katharine Ross (1978-Present) – Sam started dating actress Katharine Ross in 1978. They had fallen in love while shooting for the horror movie, The Legacy. They were earlier cast in the 1969 release, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid but as both of them were cast in minor roles, they didn’t get to meet each other. They took their relationship to the next level in 1984 by getting married. The same year, they welcomed a daughter, Cleo Rose Elliott, into their family.
Race / Ethnicity
Sam is of English and Scottish descent. He also has distant Dutch and Swiss ancestry.
- Thick mustache
- Trademark deep voice
His body specifications like chest, waist and biceps measurements are unknown.
Sam Elliott has lent his voice for
- Ford Trucks
- Chevy Trucks
- Dodge Trucks
- U.S. Beef Council
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Coor’s Beer
- Coleman Camping Gear
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of General John Buford in the epic war movie, Gettysburg (1993).
- Having played the role of Thunderbolt Ross in Marvel superhero movie, Hulk (2003).
In 1969, Sam made his first film appearance in a minor role in the western movie, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
First TV Show
In 1968, Sam made his TV show debut in 3 episodes of the crime drama series, Felony Squad.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Sam Elliott Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Sam Elliott Facts
- He had to drop out of the 1982 thriller, The Ambush Murders due to illness. He was replaced by James Brolin in the project.
- He was in love with movies since very young age. By the age of 9, he had realized that he wanted to become an actor.
- After dropping out of the final year at the University of Oregon, he moved to Los Angeles to study acting. To pay his bills, he used to work part time in construction.
- For a very brief period of time, he also served in the California Army National Guard.
- In 2015, he was honored with induction into the International Mustache Hall of Fame in film and television category.
- He was very keen to reprise the role of General Ross in the reboot The Incredible Hulk after having played it in 2003 release, Hulk. However, he was looked over in favor of William Hurt.
- While studying in college, he was pretty active in local and college theater and his portrayal of one of the leads in the production of Guys and Dolls was highly praised by local newspapers.
- When he got his breakthrough in show business in the 70s, he was counted amongst leading male sex symbols. However, he wasn’t a fan of that tag as he believed there was a lot of disgrace attached to the tag.
- To prepare for his highly acclaimed role in Tombstone, he trained with renowned gun expert Thell Reed, who has trained leading actors such as Val Kilmer, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Russell Crowe.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.