Terry Alan Crews
Flint, Michigan, United States
Terry Crews went to the Flint Southwestern Academy in Michigan.
Post that, he started attending the Interlochen Center for the Arts in Michigan on an art scholarship sponsored by Chrysler.
He then got full-ride athletic scholarship and an Art Excellence scholarship to join the Western Michigan University from where he graduated in 1991 with a major in Arts.
Actor, former football player
- Father – Terry Crews Sr.
- Mother – Patricia Crews
- Siblings – Micki Crews (Sister)
- Others – Storm Ascher (Niece) (Actress)
Terry Crews is represented by 3 Arts Entertainment.
- 94 (Los Angeles Rams)
- 51 (San Diego Chargers)
- 90 (Washington Redskins)
Defensive End / Linebacker
6 ft 3¼ in or 191 cm
111 kg or 245 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Terry Crews has dated –
- Rebecca King (1990-Present) – Terry Crews got married to the gospel singer and former beauty queen Rebecca King in 1990. The couple has 4 children, daughters Azriel (b. 1990), Terra (b. 1999), Wynfrey (b. 2004), and son Isaiah (b. 2007). Their long marriage had its fair share of problems and was on the verge of falling apart due to Terry’s p*rn addiction problem. He had to go to rehab after she told him that she didn’t know him anymore.
Race / Ethnicity
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 50 in or 127 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 18.5 in or 47 cm
- Waist – 37 in or 94 cm
14 (US) or 47 (EU) (via Twitter)
Terry has appeared in TV commercials for –
- Old Spice
- Toyota (broadcast during the Super Bowl 2014)
Best Known For
- Playing the defensive end and linebacker in the National Football League.
- Playing Terry Jeffords, NYPD officer in the TV show, Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
Terry Crews first appeared in 2000 science fiction film The 6th Day in the role of Vincent Bansworth.
First TV Show
From 1999 to 2001, Terry first appeared in the syndicated series Battle Dome as T-Money.
Terry Crews is a big fan of creating balance in his workout routines. He believes that relying solely on lifting heavy doesn’t make you healthy. So, he prefers to start his day with running, minimum four miles daily. On some days, he follows up running with cycling for a couple of miles. He believes that this routine is good for his heart and mind.
When it comes to the gym workout, he is a big fan of big lifts such as power cleans, squats, and bench presses. The big lifts jack up the testosterone level, which makes a huge difference for someone line Terry. However, he doesn’t go for one-rep-set style lifts as there is a serious threat of getting injured.
Regarding diet, he is a big fan of intermittent fasting. He cramps around 3 to 4 meals in an 8-hour period. He doesn’t eat anything until 2 PM. His first meal comprises of salad, bacon, steak and omelet.
Terry Crews Favorite Things
- Signature Dish – Bread pudding with orange butter sauce
- NFL Player – Arian Foster from Houston Texans
- Midnight Snack – Garrett Popcorn
- Animal – Dogs
- Yogurt – Mixed Berry
- Super Heroes – Luke Cage, Silver Surfer
- Video Game – Dragon Age Inquisition
- Color – Blue
- Book – The Magic of Thinking by David J. Schwartz
- Documentary – Roger & Me (1989)
- Movies – Aliens (1986), Do the Right Thing (1989), The Pianist (2002)
Terry Crews Facts
- While playing college football for Western Michigan Broncos, he was a standout player and even managed to win all-conference honors as a defensive end.
- In the 1991 NFL draft, he was picked by the Los Angeles Rams in the 11th round.
- Before becoming a professional football player, he used to work as a sketch artist for the local news stations.
- During his professional football player days, he used to supplement his income by painting portraits of his teammates.
- He has also used his artistic skills to create a range of NFL-licensed lithographs for a sports memorabilia merchandising company.
- He was active as an American Football player from 1991 to 1997.
- In 2014, he published his memoir, Manhood: How to Be a Better Man—Or Just Live With One, in which he discussed his upbringing in a strict Christian family and his ascend to a successful acting career.
- He got his professional training in Brazilian martial art, Jiu Jitsu from the famous California based instructor, Rigan Machado, who has also mentored celebs such as Vin Diesel and Charlie Hunnam.
- He is professional in playing the flute.
- Visit his official website @ terrycrews.com.
- Follow Terry Crews on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.