|Terry Crews Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3¼ in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1968|
Terry Crews is an American actor, television host, voiceover artist, producer, and former professional football player. He is known for his roles like Terry Jeffords in the police procedural sitcom Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Duane Williams (voice) in the animated series Craig of the Creek, Nick Kingston-Persons in the television sitcom Are We There Yet?, Damon in the stoner comedy film Friday After Next, Julius in the television period sitcom Everybody Hates Chris, Latrell Spencer in the comedy film White Chicks, Nickens in the romantic comedy film Blended, Hale Caesar in The Expendables series, Earl Devereaux (voice) in the computer-animated science-fiction comedy film Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho in the sci-fi comedy film Idiocracy, and Jesse Aaronson/Bedlam in the superhero film Deadpool 2. In addition to acting, he has played as a defensive end and linebacker in the National Football League (NFL) for the Los Angeles Rams, San Diego Chargers, and Washington Redskins, as well as in the World League of American Football (WLAF) for the Rhein Fire and college football at Western Michigan University. Moreover, he shared stories of s*xual assault during the Me Too movement and was included among the group of people named Time Person of the Year in 2017.
Terrence Alan Crews
Flint, Michigan, United States
Terry Crews went to the Flint Southwestern Academy in Michigan.
Post that, he started attending the Interlochen Center for the Arts in Michigan on an art scholarship sponsored by Chrysler.
He then got a full-ride athletic scholarship and an Art Excellence scholarship to join Western Michigan University from where he graduated in 1991 with a major in Arts.
Actor, former football player
- Father – Terry Crews Sr.
- Mother – Patricia Crews
- Siblings – Micki Crews (Sister)
- Others – Storm Ascher (Niece) (Actress), General Simpson (Grandfather), Eremelle Williams (Grandmother), Mary Moore (Grandmother)
Terry Crews has been represented by –
- 3 Arts Entertainment
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- 94 (Los Angeles Rams)
- 51 (San Diego Chargers)
- 90 (Washington Redskins)
Defensive End / Linebacker
His net worth had been $25 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3¼ in or 191 cm
111 kg or 245 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Terry Crews has dated –
- Rebecca King (1990-Present) – Terry Crews got married to the gospel singer and former beauty queen Rebecca King (later changed name to Rebecca King-Crews) in 1990. The couple has 4 children, daughters Azriel (b. 1990), Terra (b. 1999), Wynfrey (b. 2004), and son Isaiah (b. 2005). Their long marriage had its fair share of problems and was on the verge of falling apart due to Terry’s p*rn addiction problem. He had to go to rehab after she told him that she didn’t know him anymore.
Race / Ethnicity
Terry Crews is of African-American descent.
His body specifications might be –
- Chest – 50 in or 127 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 18.5 in or 47 cm
- Waist – 37 in or 94 cm
14 (US) or 47 (EU) (via Twitter)
Terry has appeared in TV commercials for –
- Old Spice
- Toyota (broadcast during the Super Bowl 2014)
Best Known For
- Playing the defensive end and linebacker in the National Football League
- Playing Terry Jeffords, NYPD officer in the TV show, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Terry Crews first appeared in the 2000 science fiction film The 6th Day in the role of Vincent Bansworth.
First TV Show
From 1999 to 2001, Terry first appeared in the syndicated series Battle Dome as T-Money.
Terry Crews is a big fan of creating balance in his workout routines. He believes that relying solely on lifting heavy doesn’t make you healthy. So, he prefers to start his day with running, minimum – 4 miles daily. On some days, he follows up running with cycling for a couple of miles. He believes that this routine is good for his heart and mind.
When it comes to the gym workout, he is a big fan of big lifts such as power cleans, squats, and bench presses. The big lifts jack up the testosterone level, which makes a huge difference for someone like Terry. However, he doesn’t go for one-rep-set style lifts as there is a serious threat of getting injured.
Regarding diet, he is a big fan of intermittent fasting. He cramps around 3 to 4 meals in an 8-hour period. He doesn’t eat anything until 2 PM. His first meal is comprised of salad, bacon, steak, and an omelet.
Terry Crews Favorite Things
- Signature Dish – Bread pudding with orange butter sauce
- Cheat Meal – Brick-oven pizza
- NFL Player – Arian Foster from Houston Texans
- Midnight Snack – Garrett Popcorn
- Animal – Dogs
- Yogurt – Mixed Berry
- Super Heroes – Luke Cage, Silver Surfer
- Video Game – Dragon Age Inquisition
- Color – Blue
- Book – The Magic of Thinking by David J. Schwartz
- Documentary – Roger & Me (1989)
- Movies – Aliens (1986), Do the Right Thing (1989), The Pianist (2002)
- At-Home Workout – Anything with the resistance band
- Song To Sing (While Taking A Shower) – Stay by Rufus and Chaka Khan
- Favorite Prop Terry Took From A Film Set – His shirt from The Expendables
- Custom Suit – Custom Prince of Wales suit
- All-Time Favorite Artist – Leonardo da Vinci
Source – Bon Appetit, Reddit, IMDb, Us Magazine
Terry Crews Facts
- While playing college football for Western Michigan Broncos, he was a standout player and even managed to win all-conference honors as a defensive end.
- In the 1991 NFL draft, he was picked by the Los Angeles Rams in the 11th round.
- Before becoming a professional football player, he used to work as a sketch artist for the local news stations. It was his first paying job.
- During his professional football player days, he used to supplement his income by painting portraits of his teammates.
- He has also used his artistic skills to create a range of NFL-licensed lithographs for a sports memorabilia merchandising company.
- He was active as an American Football player from 1991 to 1997.
- In 2014, he published his memoir, Manhood: How to Be a Better Man—Or Just Live With One, in which he discussed his upbringing in a strict Christian family and his ascend to a successful acting career.
- He got his professional training in Brazilian martial art, Jiu-Jitsu from the famous California-based instructor, Rigan Machado, who has also mentored celebs such as Vin Diesel and Charlie Hunnam.
- He is professional in playing the flute.
- In July 2021, Terry was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Terry loves drawing faces. He has drawn the faces of many people including Danai Gurira, Gal Gadot, and Sylvester Stallone.
- He desired to be a special-effects artist after seeing Star Wars.
- Terry is a book nut and has 1000s of books with him.
- According to Terry’s wife Rebecca King-Crews, Terry’s best quality is his heart.
- He enjoyed the most while working on the movie set of The Longest Yard. The movie set was like a circus.
- He loves making animated movies. Once, he even sent his portfolio to Disney.
- Sometimes, he is mistaken for Mike Tyson.
- He has also worked in a security team at a concert.
- Terry is good at grilling and makes a great rib-eye with veggies.
- Terry has more than 500 custom suits.