|Melissa McCarthy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 1970|
Melissa McCarthy is an American actress, comedian, writer, producer, and fashion designer who is known for her critically acclaimed performances such as Megan Price in Bridesmaids, Leonore “Lee” Israel in Can You Ever Forgive Me?, Susan Cooper in Spy, Molly Flynn in Mike & Molly, Detective Shannon Mullins in The Heat, Sookie St. James in Gilmore Girls, Dena in Samantha Who?, and Maggie Bronstein in St. Vincent. She also received a motion picture star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in May 2015 and the same year, she was named as the third highest-paid actress of 2015 by Forbes.
Melissa Ann McCarthy
Plainfield, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Melissa graduated from St. Francis Academy (now Joliet Catholic Academy) in Joliet, Illinois.
Actress, Comedian, Writer, Film Producer, Fashion Designer
- Father – Michael McCarthy
- Mother – Sandra McCarthy
- Siblings – Margie McCarthy (Sister)
- Others – Michael Joseph McCarthy (Paternal Grandfather), Ann/Anne O’Reilly (Paternal Grandmother), Lewis Elza Cook (Maternal Grandfather), Marjorie Lucille Moore (Maternal Grandmother), Jenny McCarthy (Cousin) (Actress, model), Joanne McCarthy (Cousin) (Former professional basketball player), Lynette McCarthy (Cousin), Amy McCarthy (Cousin)
She has been signed with –
- MGMT Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- On the Day Productions, LLC, Production Company, Toluca Lake, California, United States
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melissa McCarthy has dated –
- Ben Falcone – Melissa started dating actor and alumnus of The Groundlings, Ben Falcone, in 2003. The couple married on October 8, 2005. They have two children together (both daughters) – Vivian (b. May 5, 2007) and Georgette (b. March 22, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Irish, and German ancestry.
She often does physical comedy
43-38-45 in or 109-96.5-114 cm
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
- She appeared in the Old Navy commercial in November 2013.
- She has also appeared in a television commercial for Washington Mutual in 2005.
- In February 2023, Melissa appeared in Booking.com‘s “Super Bowl” commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Sookie St. James in the comedy-drama series Gilmore Girls from 2000 to 2007, and as Megan in the 2011 romantic comedy film Bridesmaids.
Melissa appeared in the 1998 short film God for her role as Margaret.
First TV Show
In 1997, she played Melissa (opposite her cousin Jenny McCarthy) in the NBC’s sitcom Jenny in episode #1.5.
Melissa McCarthy eats this 3-step vegetable soup as a healthy snack.
- It can be made via fresh vegetables and even frozen ones.
- She adds brown rice, Parmesan cheese, broccoli, succotash (1 bag), chicken stock (2 quarts) in her healthy soup.
- It takes a total of 40 minutes to cook (including 15 minutes simmer cooking time). Melissa boils all the veggies by putting them in a pot and finally, seasons it with garlic, pepper, salt, etc.
She dropped 45 pounds in the past, which she revealed in November 2014.
Melissa McCarthy Facts
- For the 2012 Oscars, most of the high-level designers turned down Melissa’s offer for making her an Oscar dress.
- In November 2014, it was revealed that she lost a considerable amount of weight from 265 pounds to 220 pounds.
- McCarthy is close friends with Octavia Spencer and Christina Applegate, a co-star from Samantha Who? TV series.
- Melissa grew up on a farm in a big Irish family.
- McCarthy is an alumnus of The Groundlings, a Los Angeles-based improvisational and sketch comedy troupe. She was a member there for about 10 years.
- She likes to play tennis.
- McCarthy was the screenwriter, executive producer, and lead actor (played the title role) in the 2014 film Tammy.
- She was cast as author Lee Israel in the 2018 biographical comedy-drama crime film, Can You Ever Forgive Me?, and for this role, she was nominated for several awards including Academy Award for “Best Actress”, BAFTA Award for “Best Actress in a Leading Role”, Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role”, and Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama”.
- In November 2020, Melissa revealed that her husband Ben Falcone has a crush on Harry Styles.
- Jennifer Coolidge helped Melissa in getting cast in her first movie, Go (1999). Jennifer recommended her to a casting director for the role.
- In April 2023, Melissa was featured on the cover of People‘s “Beautiful Issue”.