|Sam Smith Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 19, 1992|
Sam Smith is an English singer and songwriter whose creative discography has won them at least four Grammy Awards, three Brit Awards, three Billboard Music Awards, and an American Music Award, as well as a Golden Globe and an Academy Award throughout their career. Some of their popular tracks, EPs, and albums include The Thrill of It All, Nirvana, Money on My Mind, I’m Not the Only One, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Too Good at Goodbyes, Promises (with Calvin Harris), Dancing with a Stranger (with Normani), How Do You Sleep?, and To Die For.
Samuel Frederick Smith
London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Sam Smith attended St. Mary’s Catholic School in Bishop’s Stortford, England.
They studied under jazz pianist Joanna Eden to learn songwriting and singing. Also, they are an alumnus of Youth Music Theatre UK.
- Father – Frederick W. Smith (House Husband)
- Mother – Kate Cassidy (Broker)
- Others – Lily Allen (Cousin) (Singer, Songwriter, Author), Alfie Allen (Cousin) (Actor)
Sam Smith has been signed to –
- Caroline Cabral of Purple (Publicist)
- Juliana Plotkin of UMusic
Pop, Soul, R&B
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Sam Smith has dated –
- Daisy Lowe (2014) – It was RUMORed that they had a fling with English fashion model Daisy Lowe in the year 2014.
- Jonathan Zeizel – Sam Smith admitted that they were in a relationship with the actor and model Jonathan Zeizel but the two split later. Also, they said, “I want to thank the man who this record is about, who I fell in love with last year. Thank you so much for breaking my heart because you got me four Grammys!” after Smith’s song Stay with Me won an award for “Record of the Year” at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards.
- Brandon Flynn (2017-2018) – In September 2017, actor Brandon Flynn and Sam started dating each other. They called time off in June 2018 after spending about 9 months together.
Race / Ethnicity
Sam Smith is of English and Irish descent.
Sam Smith came out as genderqueer in October 2017 and stated, “I feel just as much a woman as I am a man”.
- Soulful Voice
- Blue Eyes
- Hair Style
12.5 (US) or 12 (UK) or 46.5 (EU)
Best Known For
- For their single Latch that appeared in the album Disclosure (October 2012) and La La La from Naughty Boy (May 2013)
- They are also known for their debut studio album In the Lonely Hour (2014).
Sam Smith released their debut album In the Lonely Hour in May 2014 via Capitol Records, which won “Best Pop Vocal Album” at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards.
First TV Show
Sam Smith first appeared in a TV series MSN Exclusives in 2012 as a performer.
Sam Smith is not into avid training or body fitness. They have been struggling with their weight management since childhood. However, they admitted in 2015 that celebrity nutritionist Amelia Freer’s book Eat. Nourish. Glow. helped them lose weight in a healthy way.
They have lost about 14 lbs in about 2 weeks. They have also taken to workouts to stay happy. They hit the gym for at least an hour daily to maintain their health and body fitness.
Sam Smith Skincare Routine
Sam shared the daily skincare routine of theirs with Vogue in October 2020 which you can see below –
Sam Smith Favorite Things
- Alcohol – French Red Wine
- Late Night Snack – Cheese Sandwich
- Song – Do it Again by Robyn
- Person – Alan Carr
- Boy Band – Earth Wind and Fire
- TV Show – Modern Family
- Color – Navy Blue
- Ice-Cream – Pistachio
Sam Smith Facts
- Smith has been suffering from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Sam is a godfather to Jimmy Napes’ son Jackson.
- Sam had won 4 Grammy Awards in 2015 for his single Stay with Me and the album In the Lonely Hour.
- They have won British Breakthrough Artist and Global Success Award at the BRIT Awards 2015.
- Sam used to scrub bar toilets to earn a livelihood before they became a singer.
- Sam is a trained jazz singer.
- Smith is good friends with fashion model Daisy Lowe.
- Sam Smith is a total feminist.
- They have a double-jointed index finger.
- Smith has sung a duet with Mary J Blige.
- Adele and Amy Winehouse are Sam’s influences in singing. They are also influenced by Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, Whitney Houston, and Mariah Carey.
- At the age of 28 (in October 2020), Sam revealed that they want to start a family and have kids by the age of 35.
- Smith uses singular they/them pronouns.
- In October 2020, Sam revealed that they had hair transplant surgery in the past.
- They released their 3rd studio album, Love Goes, on October 30, 2020, via Capitol Records.