|Kim Petras Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 27, 1992|
Kim Petras is a German singer and songwriter who came into the spotlight in March 2011 when she launched her first EP titled One Piece of Tape while she was still a teenager. For quite a while after that, she worked as an independent artist and released numerous singles that comprise her unofficial body of work known as ‘Era 1’. In 2018, she launched 2 EPs titled Spotify Singles and Turn Off the Light, Vol. 1, the latter peaking at number 19 on the US Heat charts. The following year, she released 2 studio albums called Clarity and Turn Off the Light both of which peaked within the ‘Top 20’ of the US Heat charts.
Kim, The New Princess of Pop
Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Father – Lutz Petras (Architect)
- Mother – Kornelia “Konni” Petras (Dancer)
- Siblings – Sina Petras (Older Sister). She has another older sister.
She is represented by –
- Linda Carbone, Press Agent, Press Here Publicity, New York City, New York, United States
- David Bradley, Booking Agent (Rest of the World), William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, London, England, United Kingdom
- Lara Christie, Booking Agent (North America), William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Jonas Schumann, Booking Agent (North America), William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Los Angeles, California, United States
Pop, EDM, Dance-Pop, Electropop
- Joyce Records
- AWAL (Artists Without A Label)
- BunHead Records
- Bionic Ballroom
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German descent.
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Kim Petras Favorite Things
- Music Genres – Pop, Italo Disco
- Singers/Role Models – Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Kylie Minogue, Madonna, Boy George, Debbie Harry, Freddie Mercury, Judy Garland, Liz Y2K
- Music Groups/Bands – Spice Girls, Queen
Source – Wikipedia
Kim Petras Facts
- Kim (born as Tim Petras) was assigned the male gender at birth, but her parents revealed in an interview that Kim knew by the age of 2 that she was a girl. They then sought professional help from a doctor in Frankfurt to handle the issue.
- In 2006, when she was 13 years old, she was invited to a TV show in Germany to discuss her medical gender transition. The following year, a documentary was made on her life to push for permission for her gender confirmation surgery. The minimum age for such a procedure in Germany was 18 at that time.
- She eventually underwent the surgery at the age of 16 and was widely regarded as the ‘World’s Youngest Transsexual Person’. The event received tremendous coverage in local and international media.
- In September 2007, at the age of 15, owing to her overnight popularity, she had modeled for a chain of German hair salons.
- She was criticized for collaborating with record producer Dr. Luke for her debut studio album titled Clarity (2019). Dr. Luke had been accused of s*xually assaulting American singer Kesha in 2015. Kim later decided not to give any production credits to Dr. Luke to avoid further controversy.
- In December 2021, Kim released a new single titled Coconuts.
- In February 2022, Kim released a new EP titled Sl*t Pop.
- In September 2022, Kim and Sam Smith released a new track called Unholy. The song debuted at the No. 1 spot on the Official Charts in the U.K.
- In January 2023, Kim released a new song titled brrr.
- In January 2023, Kim and Meghan Trainor released the remix version of the song, Made You Look.
- In February 2023, Kim and Sam Smith won the Grammy Award for “Best Pop Group/Duo Performance” for their song Unholy. With this, Kim became the first transgender woman to win the award.
- In April 2023, Kim released a new song titled Alone alongside Nicki Minaj.
- In September 2023, Kim released a new album titled Problematique.
Featured Image by Kim Petras / Instagram