|Rina Sawayama Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rina Sawayama is a Japanese-British singer, songwriter, and model who is best known for the release of her EP Rina (2017) and her first studio album titled Sawayama (2020). Besides that, she is also known for the release of her various singles such as Sleeping in Waking, Where U Are, Valentine (What’s It Gonna Be), Cherry, and Flicker.
Rina Sawayama (リナ サワヤマ)
London, England, United Kingdom
She attended Magdalene College, the University of Cambridge, where she started studying politics, psychology, and sociology but graduated with a degree in political science.
Singer, Songwriter, Model
Rina is represented by –
- Tom Windish and Christine Cao of Paradigm Talent Agency
- Celebrity Talent International
As a model, she is represented by Anti Agency and Elite Model Management.
Pop, R&B, Electropop, Alternative Pop
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
However, she prefers to dye her hair yellow or pink.
- Snub nose
- Thick eyebrows
- Thin lips
Through her social media, she has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as Sebastian Professional.
Rina Sawayama Favorite Things
- Albums Of 2020 – Miss Anthropocene
Source – YouTube
Rina Sawayama Facts
- She spent the first 5 years of her childhood in Niigata. Later, her parents relocated to London, England where she was brought up.
- Even though she completed her studies with a degree in political science, Rina decided to pursue a career in music and modeling. Also, she was part of her university hip hop group called Lazy Lion that included Wolf Alice‘s, Theo Ellis.
- She is most proud of the release of her track Bad Friend.
- Rina released her debut track titled Sleeping in Waking in 2013.
- She signed to Dirty Hit Records in 2020.
- Rina released her debut studio album Sawayama. It consisted of a total of 14 tracks in total of which 1 is a bonus track for the Japanese edition of the album. It received widespread attention and made on Billboard Japan‘s Japan Download Albums list and 2nd place on the UK Independent Album Breakers list.
- As a model, she walked at the 2017 Versus x Versace Fall / Winter fashion show.
- In 2019, she made her debut as an actress in the TV show Turn Up Charlie.
- She once wrote and sung an original track for designers Nicola Formichetti’s MAC x Nicopanda fashion show.
- In April 2020, the reputed Paper Magazine headlined her “Our Favorite Genre” in an article of theirs.
- She has been featured on the cover of various magazines including The Guardian, Paper Magazine, The New York Times, and Clash Magazine.
- Amidst many others, she has listed her influences as Avril Lavigne, Beyoncé, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, and Kylie Minogue.
- In November 2021, Rina received the “British Excellence in Music” award at the 2021 Gay Times Honours.
- In January 2022, Rina teamed up with Charli XCX for a new song titled Beg For You.
- In September 2023, during an interview, Rina revealed that she was groomed at the age of 17.
Featured Image By Justin Higuchi / Flickr / CC BY 2.0