|Akon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1973|
Akon is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. He has gained popularity with his albums and songs like Konvicted, Trouble, Freedom, Smack That (ft. Eminem), Lonely, I Wanna Love You (ft. Snoop Dogg), Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008 (with Michael Jackson), Right Now (Na Na Na), Beautiful (ft. Colby O’Donis and Kardinal Offishall), Hold My Hand (with Michael Jackson), Don’t Matter, and Sorry, Blame It on Me. He is also known for his philanthropic pursuits and started a project, Akon Lighting Africa, in 2014 which provides electricity in 15 countries of Africa.
Aliaune Damala Badara Akon Thiam
Akon, Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer, entrepreneur, philanthropist
- Father – Mor Thiam (drummer, cultural historian, entertainment consultant)
- Mother – Kine Gueye Thiam (dancer)
- Siblings – Bu Thiam (brother), Khady Thiam (sister)
Akon has been signed to –
- Republic Records, Music Artist Management Company
- UpFront Megatainment, Music Artist Management Company, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
R&B, Hip Hop, Dancehall
Vocals, keyboards, synthesizer, drums
Konvict Muzik, Kon Live Distribution, Republic Records, Universal, SRC, UpFront, Akonik, BMG, Atlantic
His net worth had been $80 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm
78 kg or 171 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Akon has dated –
- Rosina Bruck – Back in the day, Akon was married to Rosina Bruck. The time when they actually married and divorced is not known.
- Foxy Brown – He went out with rapper Foxy Brown in the past.
- Tricia Ana – He was previously married to television personality Tricia Ana.
- Michaela Schaffrath (2005) – Akon dated the German porn star Michael Schaffrath.
- Rachel Ritfeld (2007) – After Michaela, Akon dated Rachel Ritfeld for a brief period.
- Susan Owori (2008) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with Susan Owori in the year 2008.
- Cassie Griffin (2009-2010) – He was romantically involved with model Cassie Griffin between 2009 and 2010.
- Nicole Bahls (2010-2011) – In 2010, Akon started dating the Brazilian model Nicole Bahls. However, the duo parted ways the following year.
- Amber Rose (2017) – In April 2017, he hooked up with model and television personality Amber Rose.
- Celina Powell (2018) – Model Celina Powell had an affair with Akon in August 2018.
Note – In an interview with Blender, he claimed that he has 6 children with 3 women and wishes to keep his family protected from the public eye.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Wolof Senegalese descent.
- His voice
- His smile
11 (US) or 10 (UK) or 45 (EU)
Best Known For
Akon is known for his music hits Lonely, Smack That, I Wanna Love You, and Locked Up.
Akon’s debut album was Trouble. It was released on June 29, 2004. It contains 11 tracks and the total length of the album is 49 min and 57 sec. This album includes the hits Locked Up and Lonely.
Akon first appeared in the movie Black November (2012), playing the role of Opuwei.
First TV Show
Akon appeared in the TV series Love, Kills xx in 2010.
Akon is a true fitness addict. He often visits the gym and works on his body.
“I love to stay in shape. I often do typical bodybuilding weight training, but sometimes I mix it up with circuit training. I implement bodyweight exercises too. About my diet, I always like to stay and eat healthy. I give myself 1 meal a day consisted of junk food, unlike the rest of my meals that are consisted of vegetables, fruit, rice, potatoes, eggs and fish. Sometimes I use protein powder as a part of my supplementation. It helps me to recover faster, and feeds my muscles.”
Akon Favorite Things
- Car – Ferrari 458 Italia
Source – BornRich.com
- Akon spent most of his childhood in the West African country of Senegal.
- Akon knows to play five instruments including drums, guitar, and djembe.
- At the age of 7, Akon and his family moved to Union City in New Jersey.
- Akon has never had alcohol, nor has he ever smoked.
- Akon owns a diamond mine in South Africa. He previously denied the existence of blood diamonds (also known as “conflict diamonds”) saying, “I don’t believe in conflict diamonds. That’s just a movie. Think about it. Nobody thought or cared about conflict diamonds until Blood Diamond was released.”
- Akon has his own clothing line, Konvict Clothing.
- His song Smack That was nominated for a Grammy Award.
- The singer has his own website which can be visited @ akon.com.