Lionel Andrés Messi
Lionel has not much educational experience as he has been playing football since childhood and at such a low age, he achieved much fame.
- Father – Jorge Horácio Messi (factory steel worker)
- Mother – Celia María Cuccittini (part-time cleaner)
- Siblings – Rodrigo (Older Brother), Matías (Older Brother), María Sol (Sister)
His agent is Guillermo Marin.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
68 kg or 160 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Messi dated –
- Macarena Lemos (2006-2008) – Rumor. Lemos is an Argentinean adult / glamour model, who received fame after dating Messi in 2006. They first met in the city of Rosario. Their relation was stated by gente.com.ar.
- Antonella Roccuzzo (2007-Present) – She is also from Rosario. They are dating since 2007. Antonella was born in January 1991. They first met at Lucas Scaglia’s place (one of Messi’s closest friends) and now, the couple has 3 children, named Thiago (b. November 2, 2012), Mateo (b. 2015), and Ciro (b. 2018).
- Luciana Salazar (2008) – Adult model, Salazar was rumored to have had a fling with Lionel in 2008.
- Anna Weber (2011) – Polish model was rumored to be dating Messi in 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and Caucasian)
He has Italian, Catalan, and Spanish ancestry.
- Rosarino accent
- Short stature
- Wears number 10 shirt for FC Barcelona and Argentina
Adidas, Audemars Piguet, Cherry, Dolce & Gabbana, PepsiCo, Ooredoo, Herbalife, EA Sports.
Best Known For
Quick, balanced and a stylish runner with the football.
Messi’s ball skills, balance while running, leg-eye coordination are awesome. He is also very difficult to be tackled when he is running with the ball.
He tries to finish the move by scoring a goal himself without looking for any teammate very often.
He has not done any theatrical film.
First TV Show
In 2005, Lionel appeared in La noche del 10 (now closed) in season 1 and episode number 3 as a guest. This show was hosted by Diego Maradona.
Messi has two different approaches for the workouts which deal with thrust, speed, and movement in various directions. Read out more regarding her training and diet plan.
Lionel Messi Facts
- By the age of five, he started playing football for a local club, Grandoli, which was coached by his father.
- His paternal family originates from Ancona, Italian city.
- Messi was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency, at the age of 11.
- Carles Rexach (sporting director of FC Barcelona) offered Messi a contract (after successful completion of trials) written on a napkin as he was having no paper in hand.
- Lionel Messi is the first football player in the history to win four FIFA/Ballons d’Or and that too consecutively.
- At 25, he also became the youngest player to score 200 La Liga goals.
- He won UEFA Best Player in Europe Award in the 2010-2011 session.
- He has appeared in EA’s FIFA video game in 2013.
- He also runs a charity, named, Leo Messi Foundation, which he founded in 2007. This charity is responsible for education and health care of children.
- In 2010, he was made Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF.
- In 2011 and 2012, he has been mentioned in TIME magazine in the world’s most influential people list.
- After Argentina lost the final match to Chile on June 26, 2016, Messi announced his retirement. But, later, he changed his mind and represented his team in the 2018 World Cup held in Russia.
- Diego Maradona has declared Messi as his successor.
- Leo’s favorite music styles are listed as Samba and Cumbi.
- Visit his official website @ www.messi.com OR www.leomessi.com.
- Join Messi on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. He is not on Twitter.