Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite
Kaká, Ricky Kaka, The Golden Kid
Gama, Federal District, Brazil
Kaká was born in a financially secure and well to do family, which helped him get decent school education. He was enrolled in Baptist Primary School and it was his school physical education teacher who asked his father to enroll him in a football academy.
He started his football education at the local São Paulo youth academy, Alphaville. While playing for this club in local tournaments, his skills caught eye of the Brazilian giants São Paulo FC scouts. They offered him a spot in the club’s famous academy, where he developed into one of the finest playmakers in Brazil and made his senior debut at the age of 18.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Bosco Izecson Pereira Leite (Civil Engineer)
- Mother – Simone dos Santos (Elementary School Teacher)
- Siblings – Rodrigo also known as Digão (Younger Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
He is represented by Diego Kotscho.
Attacking Midfielder, Playmaker
While playing for AC Milan, the Brazilian superstar used to wear 22 shirt number.
At the Spanish giants Real Madrid, he was given 8 squad number by the club.
He was given traditional 10 shirt number by MLS club Orlando City after move from AC Milan in 2014. He was assigned the same shirt number for his Brazil national team as well.
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kaká has dated –
- Caroline Celico Leite (2002-2015) – Caroline Celico Leite met Kaká, while she was still in high school in 2002. Kaká was 19 years old then and Caroline was 15. They had met through family friends and started dating shortly after. Eventually, Kaka moved to AC Milan and after remaining in long distance relationship for some time, Kaká proposed to her during vacation in Venice in 2005 summer. On December 23, 2005, they got married in São Paulo. The lavish wedding ceremony was attended by 600 guests including Brazilian soccer stars such as Ronaldo, Dida and Cafu. Being devout Catholics, they opted to remain virgin till their marriage. Their son Luca Celico Leite was born around three years after their wedding on June 10, 2008. And, daughter Isabella Celico Leite was born on April 23, 2011. They renewed their marriage vows in December 2013 and it was due to this reason that their eventual separation in November 2014 came as a shock. However, the divorce was amicable and Kaka agreed to give financial support for his children.
- Vanessa Ribeiro Siqueira (2015-Present) – After the end of his 13 years old marriage, Kaká started dating Vanessa Ribeiro Siqueira, who worked for a Brazilian multi-national company. According to reports, they met in Orlando, where Vanessa went to celebrate his younger brother’s birthday.
Race / Ethnicity
- Great looks
- Tall Stature
- Lanky Build
Kaká’s body specification may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Kaká is one of the most popular Brazilian stars of his generation and that has helped him reap lucrative gains over the last decade. He has a long-standing brand promotion deal with Adidas and has been seen wearing brand’s latest cleats in his matches.
While turning out for AC Milan, he had a modeling deal with fashion and clothing giant, Giorgio Armani. In fact, his deal with Armani prevented him from appearing in AC Milan’s photo collection, which was published by Dolce & Gabbana.
He also has an endorsement deal with EA Sports’ FIFA video game. Along with Ronaldinho, he was featured on the cover of the game’s 2007 Italian edition. He was also on the cover of regional editions of FIFA 11, FIFA 12 and FIFA 16.
In 2015, he signed a deal with Midway Labs, a dietary supplements company. As per the deal, the company had launched a number of dietary products bearing former Real Madrid star’s name. Plus, he also has a worldwide endorsement contract with Sony Corporation. He has been used by Japanese giants for a number of promotional campaigns and TV adverts.
Best Known For
- Winning Ballon d’Or award in 2007
- Being FIFA world player of the year for 2007
- Being a devout evangelical Christian
- Being one of the best-attacking players in his pomp
First Soccer Match
Kaká made his first ever senior appearance for São Paulo at the age of 19 on February 1, 2001.
He made his debut for AC Milan against Ancona in a 2-0 away victory in a Serie A game on September 1, 2003.
The Brazilian playmaker lined up for Real Madrid for the first time in La Liga against Deportivo de La Coruña on August 29, 2009.
His MLS debut for Orlando City came in a 1-1 draw against New York City FC at the Citrus Bowl stadium on March 8, 2015. He scored from a free kick to equalize for his team.
On January 31, 2002, he made his first senior appearance for Brazil national team against Bolivia in a friendly match.
- Through balls
- Ball Control
- Long Shots
- Surging runs
- Injury Prone
As of October 2016, he hasn’t appeared in any theatrical film.
First TV Show
Apart from the telecast of soccer matches, his first TV show appearance was in the Spanish show Caiga quien caiga as himself in just one episode in 2009.
Kaká’s workout and diet plan are not known.
Kaká Favorite Things
- Italian Food– Pasta
- Japanese Food – Uramaki and Ebiten Tempura Roll
- Books– Bible
- Band – Resgate
- Music genre – Gospel
- Goal – For Brazil against Argentina at Emirates Stadium. You can watch it here.
Source – Bleacher Report, The Guardian, Wikipedia, Bleacher Report
- He holds the distinction of being the first sportsperson to have ten million followers on Twitter. He achieved this distinction in April 2012.
- When in November 2004, he was appointed as Ambassador Against Hunger for the United Nations’ World Food Programme, he was the youngest ever ambassador for the program.
- He got his famous name because his younger brother Rodrigo couldn’t pronounce Ricardo and used to call him Caca, which evolved to Kaká.
- His football career almost ended at the age of 18, when he had a swimming pool accident, which caused a spinal fracture. He eventually recovered and attributed his recovery to god.
- Kaká had interest in tennis at the young age and excelled in it as well. However, at the age of 15, he decided to completely focus on football.
- On his transfer to Real Madrid from AC Milan for €65 million in 2009 summer, he became a second most expensive player after Zidane in football history.
- For his brilliant performances in his debut season for AC Milan, he was named Serie A footballer of the year in 2004. He won it again in 2007.
- He was named UEFA club midfielder of the year for the 2004-2005 season. For the same season, he was also the top assist provider in the tournament.
- After winning UEFA Champions League with AC Milan in 2006-2007, he was declared UEFA Club Forward of the Year as well as UEFA Club Footballer of the Year.
- In 2007, he was declared the IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker, World Soccer Player of the Year and IAAF Latin Sportsman of the Year.
- For his great contributions to AC Milan’s success over his two stints, he was named in A.C. Milan Hall of Fame in 2010.
- In 2008 and 2009, he was included in the Time 100 list of the world’s most influential people for his contribution on and off the field.
- He was selected in the MLS All-Star team for two consecutive years in 2015 and 2016. He was also declared the most valuable player (MVP) in MLS in 2015.
- While at AC Milan, he won a Serie A title, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and Supercoppa Italiana.
- With the Spanish Giants Real Madrid, he won one La Liga title, a Copa del Rey cup and one Supercopa de España trophy.
- As of October 2016, he has been a part of three World Cup squads including 2002 victorious tournament. He was the top assist provider in the 2010 World Cup.
- He played in two FIFA Confederation cups (2005 and 2009) for Brazil. Incidentally, Brazil won both tournaments and Kaká won the Golden Ball award in 2009 edition for being the best player of the tournament.
- Kaká is the only player in the last nine years to break Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi’s duopoly at the Ballon d’Or and the FIFA World Player of the Year Awards.
- When he signed up for Orlando City in 2014 summer, he became the highest-paid player in MLS history. His base salary was US$6.6 million per year.
- Connect with Kaká on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google+.