|Anuel AA Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 26, 1992|
|Girlfriend||Carolina Giraldo Navarro|
Anuel AA is a Puerto Rican rapper and singer who is widely regarded as a pioneer of the Latin Trap musical genre. He shot to fame with his first full-length solo album titled Real Hasta la Muerte (Real Until Death) which was released in July 2018 and reached the number one position on Billboard’s ‘Top Latin Albums chart’ within a day of its release. The album’s title became Anuel’s catchphrase which he has used in several of his songs and he has also launched a record label called Real Hasta La Muerte, Inc.
Emmanuel Gazmey Santiago
Carolina, Puerto Rico, United States
He splits his time between Medellín, Colombia and Puerto Rico, United States.
Anuel had attended the Catholic school Colegio María Auxiliadora in Carolina, Puerto Rico.
- Father – José Manuel Gazmey González (Music Industry Executive)
- Mother – Nilda Gloria Santiago Negrón
- Siblings – Frabián Eli (Brother) (Musician, Talent Manager). He also has a younger sister.
He is represented by –
- Carlos Benitez, Personal Manager, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- Darrin Young, Personal Manager, Tampa, Florida, United States
- Frabian Eli, Manager, Real Hasta La Muerte Records, Puerto Rico, United States
- Sharron Elkabas, Booking Agent, MN2S Talent Agency, Miami, Florida, United States
- AAE Music, Booking Agent, New York, United States
Latin Trap, Reggaeton, Urbano Latino
- Sony Music Latin
- Maybach Music Group
- Real Hasta La Muerte, Inc.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anuel has dated –
- Carolina Giraldo Navarro (2019-Present) – Anuel AA began dating Colombian singer Carolina Giraldo Navarro a.k.a. Karol G in February 2019 and they got engaged in April of the same year. He has a son named Pablo from a previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Puerto Rican descent.
- Both arms and wrists covered in tattoos
- Has tattoos on his neck and at the back of his ears
- Sports a trimmed beard with mustache shaved
- Wears earrings and multiple gold chains
- Often appears with a baseball hat and stylized diamond-encrusted eyeglasses
- Stocky frame
Anuel has been featured in a TV commercial that was a collaboration between Nike and sportswear company Foot Locker.
Anuel AA Favorite Things
- Footwear Brand – Nike
- Fictional Character – Michael Myers (from the Halloween series of slasher films)
- Dishes – Rice with gandules (green pigeon peas), Pechuga a la Milanesa (Milanese chicken)
- Fashion Brand – Valentino
- Rappers – Lil Wayne, Tupac Shakur, Meek Mill, Post Malone
- Singers – Zacarías Ferreira, Ed Sheeran, El Alfa
- Songs – Perfect (2017) by Ed Sheeran, Press (2019) by Cardi B
Anuel AA Facts
- He was interested in pursuing a career in music since his early teens and secured his first contract at the age of just 17, in 2009, with Maybach Music Group. His first song titled Demonia was released in 2011.
- He was arrested with 3 other men in April 2016 and held at the Metropolitan Detention Center, Guaynabo, Puerto Rico, after local police found him in possession of 3 pistols, 9 magazines, and 152 bullets. Anuel accepted the charges and signed a plea deal for 30 months in federal prison. He spent 90 days in solitary confinement as well after an altercation with another inmate.
- Anuel’s music and songs primarily involve themes such as street life, violence, s*x, and drugs. However, during his trial, he stated to the judge that his musical themes did not reflect his character. After his arrest, his fans launched a viral movement with the hashtag #FreeAnuel.
- He continued to write songs, record his voice on a phone, and release his tracks from prison. He stated in an interview that he used to listen to the radio and keep track of what was happening in the streets to draw inspiration for his songwriting. During his time in prison, he mostly collaborated with artists such as Nicky Jam, Cosculluela, Bad Bunny and J Balvin.
- In March 2018, he was shifted from federal prison to a state prison in Miami and was released in July 2018.
- In September 2018, he recorded and released a diss track targetted at rapper and his past collaborator Cosculluela. The song received severe public backlash due to its profanity and crude remarks about homosexuality and HIV patients. Consequently, his October 2018 concert at the Coliseo de Puerto Rico arena was canceled by his producer and Anuel made a public apology for the song.
- In April 2019, he had a public argument with Puerto Rican singer Ivy Queen where he questioned her status as the ‘Queen of Reggaeton’ when she had not given a single hit song in over 7 years.
- In 2019, he won the “New Artist of the Year” award at both the Billboard Latin Music Awards and the Heat Latin Music Awards.
- His 2019 track titled Uptown Vibes, which was in collaboration with Meek Mill and Fabolous was added to the soundtrack of the basketball simulation video game NBA 2K20.
Featured Image by Anuel AA / Instagram