|Nicky Jam Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1981|
Nicky Jam is an American singer and songwriter who made a splash in the 1990s with his unique musical style. Having attained fame at a young age, he fell into a downward spiral of drugs, alcohol, and depression which nearly killed his career. However, he cleaned up his act and re-emerged as one of the brightest stars in Latin music with hits like Travesuras and El Amante helping him relaunch his career. He is also very active on social media and has more than 25 million followers on Instagram.
Nick Rivera Caminero
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Nicky Jam’s educational background is unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has a sister.
Nicky is represented by Juan Diego Medina of the La Industria Inc.
- La Industria Inc.
- Sony Music Latin
- RCA Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nicky Jam has dated –
- Angélica Cruz (2015-Present) – According to Jam, he first saw Angélica Cruz, who is a Colombian model and TV host, online in 2015. He messaged Cruz asking her to be his ‘best friend’ and they took it forward from there. The couple got married 2 years later, in November 2017, in a beautiful ceremony in Medellin, Colombia. The wedding was attended by stars like Vin Diesel, J Balvin, and his other close friends.
Note – He has 4 children from his past relationships – 3 daughters named Yarimar Rivera, Alyssa Rivera, Luciana Rivera and 1 son named Joe Martin Rivera.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Puerto Rican descent on his father’s side and has Dominican ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Tattoos on his face and body
- Often wears a nose ring
- Often wears a headgear like a cap (sideways) or a hat
Nicky Jam has done endorsement work for brands like Xfinity.
Nicky became the brand ambassador for Hublot Watches in 2018.
Best Known For
- The popularity of his songs like El Perdón (with Enrique Iglesias) and Hasta el Amanecer
- His strong social media presence with more than 25 million followers on Instagram, more than 15 million subscribers on YouTube, and more than 24 million followers on Facebook
Nicky released his debut album in 1994, at the age of 13, titled …Distinto A Los Demás.
In 2017, Nicky made his theatrical film debut in the action movie xXx: Return of Xander Cage as Lazarus.
First TV Show
Nicky made his first TV show appearance in 2013 as himself on the sports talk-show Fox para todos.
Nicky Jam’s workout routine and diet plan are unknown.
Nicky Jam Favorite Things
His favorite things are unknown.
Nicky Jam Facts
- Nicky’s parents were drug addicts themselves and so, he grew up using drugs from a young age as well. After his father was arrested for the possession of drugs, the family moved to Puerto Rico when Nicky was 10 years old.
- He changed his name to Nicky Jam after a homeless man jokingly made the suggestion.
- Nicky was brought up in a low-income family and while he was young, he performed illegal work at a grocery store while bagging the groceries to support his family financially.
- He used to freestyle while working at a grocery store. One day, an impressed customer got him signed to a local label and it helped launch his music career.
- In the late 1990s, he befriended Puerto Rican rapper Daddy Yankee and the duo formed a group called Los Cangris. They collaborated on several successful singles but their friendship turned sour in 2004 and they stopped working together due to personal reasons. However, they managed to settle their differences in 2012 and recorded the single El Party Me Llama from Daddy Yankee’s album Prestige.
- During the closing ceremony of the FIFA World Cup 2018 in Russia, Nicky performed the official song ‘Live It Up‘ alongside American actor and rapper Will Smith and Kosovar singer Era Istrefi.
- He received a Latin Grammy Award in 2015 under the “Best Urban Performance” category.
- The music video for his single Hasta el Amanecer, released in January 2016, has been viewed more than 1.5 billion times on YouTube.
- He began abusing alcohol and drugs after attaining fame at a very young age. Soon enough, he gained weight and his career plummeted which forced him out of the spotlight. He then shifted base to Colombia in search of work and built his career again from scratch, becoming one of the most successful names in Latin music.
- In 2018, he starred in Nicky Jam: El Ganador, a biographical television series on his life which was produced by Netflix.
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, which hit Puerto Rico in September 2017, Nicky joined hands with Luis Fonsi, Ricky Martin, and other Latino stars to help with the rehabilitation work.
- Visit his official website @ nickyjampr.net.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Nicky Jam / Instagram