|Vidyut Jammwal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 10, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Vidyut Jammwal is an Indian actor, martial artist, model, and stunt artist who has mainly worked in Hindi-language films as well as in Tamil and Telugu films. Some of the films he has been cast in include Commando, Commando 2, Commando 3, Billa II, Force, Khuda Haafiz, Stanley Ka Dabba, The Power, Thuppakki, Junglee, Baadshaho, Bullett Raja, Oosaravelli, Sakthi, and Anjaan.
Singu, The New Age Action Hero of Bollywood
Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Vidyut completed his schooling at Army Public School, Dagshai in Himachal Pradesh.
Model, Martial Artist, Actor, Stunt Artist
- Father – Former Army Officer
- Mother – Vimla Jammwal (Former Miss Jammu & Kashmir, Used to run an Ashram in Kerela)
- Siblings – Achla Sachdev (Sister) (Fashion Choreographer settled abroad)
CAA-KWAN Entertainment and Marketing Solutions
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vidyut Jammwal has dated –
- Mona Singh (2011–2014) – Vidyut knew the fellow actor Mona before he became a full-time actor. The two met through common friends and Vidyut confirmed his relationship with her in 2012. In 2013, a fake MMS scandal disrupted Mona’s professional and personal life, though she bounced back fairly quickly. It is possible that the scandal might have created a rift in the couple’s relationship. Vidyut’s growing popularity and increasing work commitment, thereafter made the couple drift apart even more and Mona eventually confirmed their break-up in 2014.
- Nandita Mahtani (2020-2023) – Fashion designer Nandita Mahtani and Vidyut started dating in late 2020. After a few months of dating, they got engaged on September 1, 2021. In March 2023, it was reported that the couple had parted ways after being engaged for almost 2 years.
Race / Ethnicity
- Shredded Physique
- Sharp Jawline
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17.5 in or 44.5 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
9 (UK) or 10 (US)
Some of the brands that Vidyut associated with are –
- Old Spice
- PETA (Animal Rights Organization)
- Dixcy Scott Innerwear
- TVS Apache
- Troy Costa
- Brought up as a Hindu, Vidyut states that he does not particularly subscribe to any religious practices but believes in the power of the Universe and the energy that flows through it. He does not pray but retains an attitude of gratitude for all his blessings and avoids negative behavior and people.
- However, he is known to be a devotee of Lord Hanuman.
Best Known For
- Playing Captain Karanvir Singh Dogra in Commando (2013) and Commando 2 (2017). His performance in Commando (2013) won him the 2014 Zee Cine Award in the “Umeed Ka Naya Chehra – Male” category.
- His critically acclaimed Bollywood debut in Force (2011) as a villain named Vishnu. For this role, he won several accolades including the Stardust Award for “Breakthrough Performance Male”, IIFA Award for “Star Debut of the Year – Male”, and Filmfare Award as well as FICCI Frames Award for “Best Debut Male”.
He was first seen in the Telugu historical film Shakti in 2011.
In an interview with Mumbai Mirror in 2012, Vidyut revealed –
- Fitness became a part of his life very early when he started practicing Kalaripayattu, Gymnastics, and Jiu-jitsu.
- Except for the time when Vidyut is shooting or traveling, he practices a combination of various combat forms 6 hours a day split into two, 3-hour sessions in the morning and evening.
- Ever since he turned to acting full time, hitting the gym to gain strength and build muscle became an important part of his lifestyle.
- He follows the conventional body part split routine of training chest, back, legs, shoulders, and biceps/triceps separately to strengthen each part to its best potential under the guidance of a trainer. His trainer changes with every movie project.
- He turned to Aerial Yoga and TRX-suspension training to make his workouts even more functional.
Diet – Vidyut turned vegetarian in his early 20s and eats 6 meals a day. He is fond of seasonal fruits and eats plenty of Tofu to maximize his daily protein intake to stay anabolic. His meal preferences are split the following way.
- Pre-workout meal in the morning – a bowl of muesli
- Post Workout Breakfast – Idli
- Lunch – Chappati, Cooked vegetables, and Dal
- Second Pre-workout Snack – Upma
- Post-Workout – Protein Shake
- Dinner – Same as lunch
Vidyut Jammwal Favorite Things
- Classic Film he would have liked to work in – Jackie Chan’s Police Story (1985)
- Alternative Job – Martial Artist
- Bollywood Actors he admires for their Fitness – Hrithik Roshan, Suniel Shetty
- Fitness Tip – Eat for your stomach and not for your eyes.
- Accessory – Watches
- Street Food – Bhel and Paani Puri
- Sweet Treat – Gulab Jamun
- Holiday Destination – Rishikesh
- Stress-Buster – Exercise
Source – Hindustan Times
Vidyut Jammwal Facts
- He started learning the South-Indian Martial Art form, Kalaripayattu at the age of 3 in an Ashram in Kerela that was run by his mother.
- He lost his father at a young age, but being an army officer’s son lived all over India while growing up.
- Before trying his hand at acting and modeling, Vidyut traveled across 25 countries to participate and perform in live-action shows.
- He was cast as Leader of Sleeper Cells in the 2012 Tamil-language action thriller film Thuppakki. For this performance, he bagged the 2013 SIIMA Award for “Best Actor in a Negative Role”.
- Vidyut’s self-proclaimed expertise as an actor is to perform all his stunts by himself without cable attachments. While filming, he is consumed by the drive to enhance the visual appeal of all his action scenes as much as possible.
- In 2014, he was labeled the Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity, 2013 by PETA.
- He depends a lot upon Tofu to fulfill his protein requirements and claims to eat Tofu like most people eat rice.
- He has a fetish for watches and owns a large collection.
- In 2013, he visited Argentina for a rigorous rock-climbing workshop and completed the designated hill, Piedra Parada in 2 days flat that most participants tend to finish climbing in 3-8 days.
- In 2014, Vidyut took the initiative to teach a self-defense class to girls and made it free for any girl who wanted to participate. Watch some of his lessons on YouTube.
- He was offered to host Khatron Ke Khiladi Fear Factor India. But, he declined because he was awaiting the release of Commando (2013) and shooting for Tigmanshu Dhulia’s Bullet Raja (2013).
- Alongside Pooja Sawant, Asha Bhat, and Atul Kulkarni, he co-starred as Raj, a veterinarian in Mumbai, in the 2019 Hindi-language action-adventure film Junglee. This performance won him the Jackie Chan Action Movie Award in the “Best Action Sequence Choreographer” category in 2019.
- He has also appeared in the music videos for songs like Tumhe Dillagi by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Gal Ban Gayi by Neha Kakkar, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Meet Bros, and Sukhbir.
- He is a vegan and showed off his muscular physique alongside the words “Kick the meat habit. Go vegan.” in a 2018 PETA campaign for India’s National Nutrition Week.
- He starred as Devidas Thakur in the 2021 Hindi-language action thriller film The Power, loosely inspired by Firoz Khan’s film titled Dharmatma (1975).
Vidyut Jamwal is 5’11”. My friend has met him in person and my friend is 5’7”.