|Michelle Dockery Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1981|
Michelle Suzanne Dockery
Dorckey Hellmice, Dockers
Rush Green, London, England
Michelle was enrolled at the Chadwell Heath Academy in London. She then moved to the Finch Stage School.
After clearing her A-Level exams, she got admission at Guildhall School of Music and Drama from where she graduated in 2004 with a Gold medal in drama.
- Father – Michael Francis Dockery (Lorry Driver and later an Environment Analyst)
- Mother – Lorraine Witton
- Siblings – Louise Sarah (Older Sister), Joanne Michelle Dockery (Older Sister)
Anonymous Content Group
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle Dockery has dated –
- Trent Davis (2009-2012) – Michelle Dockery started dating American actor Trent Davis in 2009 after meeting through mutual friends. After dating for almost one year, they moved in together in a North London flat. However, Trent decided to go a separate way in 2012.
- Joseph Millson (2012) – Michelle got over her heartbreak by hooking up with actor Joseph Milson. The relationship looked to be heading in the right direction as Millson joined her on the red carpet at the 2012 Emmy Awards. However, a month later, Dockery dumped him.
- John Dineen (2013-2015) – Michelle seemed to have had finally found love before fate cruelly mowed it down. She started dating John Dineen in 2013 after having introduced by her Downton Abbey co-star Allen Lee. They took their relationship to the next level by getting engaged in February 2015. However, their relationship had already lurched towards the end, a couple of months before engagement as John was diagnosed with a brain tumor in December 2014. He passed away exactly a year later.
Race / Ethnicity
- Banana shaped figure
- Alabaster complexion
33-25-35 in 84-63.5-89 cm
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Michelle has appeared in commercials for –
- Kellogg’s Special K (voiceover)
- Changing Faces Cinema (2012)
- Stand Up 2 Cancer Foundation advert along with actors such as Benedict Cumberbatch, Eddie Redmayne, and Steve Coogan.
- Burberry (alongside Romeo Beckham, James Corden, and Julie Walters) (2015)
Best Known For
- Starring as Lady Mary Crawley in the historical drama series Downton Abbey.
- Playing the lead role in TNT drama series Good Behavior.
As a Singer
Dockery is a skilled jazz singer and has performed at the Ronnie Scotts’ Jazz Club’s 50th Anniversary in London and many music festivals as well.
Michelle occasionally performs with band Sadie and the Hotheads, founded by her Downton Abbey co-star, Elizabeth McGovern.
Michelle made her first film appearance in a short film Spoiler as Goth Girl in 2010.
First TV Show
She first appeared in BBC mini-series Fingersmith as Betty in 2005.
To maintain her svelte figure, Michelle regularly works out at a gym in the Shoreditch neighborhood of London.
When it comes to dietary intake, she places her trust in small meals with fish being her preferred source of lean protein.
Michelle Dockery Favorite Things
- Indulgences – Sushi and wine
- TV Show – Mad Men (2007-2015)
- Apps – Pinterest, Camera+
- Shower Song – Total Eclipse of the Heart (By Bonnie Tyler)
Source – MarieClaire.com
Michelle Dockery Facts
- Well before becoming one of the most accomplished English actresses, Michelle Dockery earned her living by collecting glasses in a pub.
- Michelle is associated with various charities including Changing Faces, Oxfam, and MNDA (Motor Neurone Disease Association).
- When she was younger and before she had joined the drama, she lost a number of roles because of her Essex accent.
- During her early theater days, she was a member of the esteemed National Youth Theatre and had appeared in numerous productions at Royal National Theatre.
- She has done volunteer work in a Syrian war refugee camp in Jordan while working with Oxfam charity group in an ambassadorial role.
- In collaboration with the lifestyle brand Aspinal of London, she has created her own line of tote bags for both men and women.