|Charlie Hunnam Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1980|
Charlie Hunnam is an English actor, producer, and writer who is known for having been cast as Jackson “Jax” Teller in Sons of Anarchy, Nicholas Nickleby in Nicholas Nickleby, Raleigh Becket in Pacific Rim, Percy Fawcett in The Lost City of Z, King Arthur in King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, William “Ironhead” Miller in Triple Frontier, Alan McMichael in Crimson Peak, Henri Charrière in Papillon, Lloyd Haythe in Undeclared, and Nathan Maloney in Queer as Folk.
Charles Matthew Hunnam
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
He divides his time between his residences in –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- London, England, United Kingdom
Hunnam attended Heaton Manor School in Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Charlie further went to Queen Elizabeth Grammar School in Penrith, Cumbria.
Finally, Charlie was enrolled in Cumbria College of Art and Design to finish with a degree in theory and history of film and a side in performing arts.
Actor, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – William “Billy” Hunnam (Gangster and scrap metal merchant) (Died in 2013)
- Mother – Jane (Bell) Hunnam (Business Owner)
- Siblings – William “Billy” Hunnam (Older Brother), Oliver (Maternal Younger Half-Brother), Christian (Maternal Younger Half-Brother)
- Others – Thomas William Hunnam (Paternal Grandfather), Isabel Davison (Paternal Grandmother), John Martin Johnson (Maternal Grandfather), Irene Margaret Bell (Maternal Grandmother)
He is signed with Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
88 kg or 194 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charlie Hunnam has dated –
- Katharine Towne (1999-2002) – He met American actress Katharine Towne during the audition of the drama series Dawson’s Creek (1998-2003) and started dating in June 1999. They married the next month on July 25, 1999, but divorced in 2002.
- Sophie Dahl (2002) – In February 2002, Charlie and model Sophie Dahl dated each other.
- Stella Parker (2002-2004) – From April 2002 to February 2004, Charlie Hunnam and Stella Parker were an item.
- Kerry Geary (2005-2006) – He was RUMORed to be dating Kerry Geary for a couple of months from 2005 to 2006.
- Georgina Townsley (2005-2007) – From 2005 to 2007, he dated London-based film producer, Georgina Townsley.
- Rashida Jones (2006) – From June 2006 to November 2006, he was romantically linked with American actress, Rashida Jones.
- Morgana McNelis (2007-Present) – In 2007, he started dating jewelry designer Morgana McNelis. They started living on a ranch out of Los Angeles in late 2013 to keep their life peaceful.
- Liv Tyler (2010) – In January 2010, he was RUMORed to have had a fling with the actress, Liv Tyler when they were seen leaving a movie theater together.
Race / Ethnicity
Charlie has English, one-eighth Irish, and some Scottish ancestry.
Blue with a hint of yellow
Charlie frequently plays tough-guy anti-heroes or psychopaths type characters
In 2005, he was announced as the face of “Emporio Armani.”
He has appeared in Calvin Klein ads along with model Doutzen Kroes.
Charlie believes in God.
He said that –
“I do have a confused but real belief in some kind of energy, be it the universe or God or whatever.”
Best Known For
- Playing Jackson “Jax” Teller in the FX drama series Sons of Anarchy from 2008 to 2014. For this role, he was nominated for the 2012 Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Actor in a Drama Series” and the 2015 People’s Choice Award for “Favorite Cable TV Actor”.
- He is also known for playing Nathan Maloney in the Channel 4 drama Queer as Folk from 1999 to 2000.
Charlie debuted with the 1999 film Whatever Happened to Harold Smith? for his role as Daz.
First TV Show
In 1998, he debuted with the British series Byker Grove for his role as Jason Chuckle in just three episodes.
He doesn’t have a trainer and works out himself in the gym. He has a great body. He actually blamed actor Brad Pitt for the body as Brad made such a nice body in the Fight Club movie that other actors in the show business are supposed to look at least like him (if not better).
For King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017), he practiced sword fighting for 5 days a week and 12 hours per day, which served as a great workout.
Charlie Hunnam Favorite Things
- Food – Spaghetti puttanesca, chocolate ice cream
- Workout – Swimming
- Movie – War Witch (2012)
- Book – Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
- Places – Northern England, California
- Wearable – Jeans, a flannel shirt
- Actors – Daniel Day-Lewis, Sean Penn
Source – IMDb.com, UsMagazine.com
Charlie Hunnam Facts
- Charlie’s parents divorced when he was 2.
- He suffers from dyslexia and hence finds difficulty in reading.
- Hunnam was discovered at 17 on Christmas Eve when he was purchasing shoes for his brother from a shoe shop. He was also drunk at that time.
- At 12, he relocated to a village in Melmerby, Cumbria.
- He has played rugby a lot while growing up.
- He always wanted to live an obscure life.
- Charlie grew up in a socially and economically depressed place.
- At school, he wasn’t a nerd and neither was he the coolest guy.
- The 1981 film “Excalibur” made him choose acting.
- After finishing the filming of the documentary film End of the Line, he completely gave up fish for about 18 months. The film was about the effects of overfishing.
- He auditioned for the role of Anakin Skywalker, a former slave from Tatooine and Obi-Wan’s gifted Padawan apprentice, in the 2002 American epic space opera film, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones. The role eventually went to Hayden Christensen.
- He became very good friends with the screenwriter and director, Kurt Sutter after they worked together on the same project, Sons of Anarchy.
- He was offered Thor, which was later offered to Chris Hemsworth.
- He was cast to play the lead role of Christian Grey in the 2015 American erotic romantic drama film, Fifty Shades of Grey, but he dropped out of the project just 3 weeks before the shooting started and was replaced by Jamie Dornan.
- He used to collect Nike Air Max 90 shoes. He collected 85 pairs (before ending his habit) and then donated most of the pairs after giving some of them to friends and keeping a couple of them for himself.
- He is dyslexic.
- He generally sleeps early on New Year’s eve and then wakes up early the next day to watch the sunrise of the new year.
- Charlie knows Thai style cooking as he did a cooking course in Thailand.
- His mother is his idol.
- He has been friends with Jamie Bell, Anne Hathaway, and Romola Garai.
- After acting, Charlie’s next dream is to become a UFC fighter.
- Charlie was offered the role of Aldous Snow in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008) but he turned it down. It was later played by Russell Brand. That role was written specifically for Charlie by Jason Segel.
- He likes a good sunset.
- His biggest acting inspiration is Daniel Day-Lewis.
- Once while surfing in Costa Rica, he had hit a shark.
- He prefers spending Sundays at his home with his girlfriend Morgana McNelis.
- Charlie’s biggest pet peeve is the personal hygiene of people. He has seen many people not washing their hands after using the restroom.
- He is a germophobe (meaning he has a fear of germs).
- In October 2018, he received a blue belt in the martial art, Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- He is not on social media.
he’s on twitter. I know because I follow him
Can you please paste the Twitter profile link here?
Is it true that he and his girlfriend are no longer together? Is he currently in Australia