|Jason Segel Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jason Segel is an American actor, comedian, voiceover artist, screenwriter, singer, songwriter, author, and producer who is best known for having been cast as Marshall Eriksen in the popular sitcom How I Met Your Mother as well as for portraying the character of David Foster Wallace in the 2015 drama film, The End of the Tour, for which he was nominated for Chicago Film Critics Association Award, San Diego Film Critics Society Award, and Independent Spirit Award. He has also appeared in shows and movies like Dispatches from Elsewhere, Freaks and Geeks, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Muppets, Our Friend, Get Him to the Greek, I Love You, Man, The Discovery, The Five-Year Engagement, This Is 40, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Home Movie: The Princess Bride, Undeclared, Bad Teacher, Gulliver’s Travels, and Jeff, Who Lives at Home.
Jason Jordan Segel
Los Angeles, California, United States
He went to Hebrew as well as Christian schools.
Jason attended St. Matthew’s Parish School in California. He graduated from Harvard-Westlake School in LA, California.
Actor, Comedian, Voiceover Artist, Screenwriter, Singer, Songwriter, Author, Producer
- Father – Alvin G. Segel (Lawyer)
- Mother – Jillian (née Jordan) (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Adam Segel (Older Half-Brother), Alison Segel (Younger Sister)
- Others – Sydney/Sidney Segel (Paternal Grandfather), Charlotte Lillian Stearns (Paternal Grandmother), Russell Franklin Jordan (Maternal Grandfather), May Irene Laird (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been signed with William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jason Segel has dated –
- Linda Cardellini (2001-2007) – The actors met on the set of Freaks and Geeks and started dating in March 2001. They dated for six years until January 2007. Linda is more than a foot shorter than him.
- Drew Barrymore (2008) – Jason and Drew Barrymore were seen kissing at Los Angeles’s Chateau Marmont in 2008 end and were RUMORed to be dating.
- Chloë Sevigny (2009) – The actors Chloe and Jason dated briefly in February of 2009.
- Michelle Ryan (2009) – Jason started dating English actress Michelle Ryan in mid-2009. They remained an item until late 2009.
- Michelle Trachtenberg (2009) – Then, Segel had a fling with actress Michelle Trachtenberg in August 2009.
- Lindsay Lohan (2009) – Jason then hooked up with reality TV star Lindsay Lohan on December 5, 2009, when they met at a late-night party. Lohan was seen leaving his house on December 5, after spending the night with Jason.
- Michelle Williams (2012-2013) – For a year, from February 2012 to February 2013, Michelle Williams and Jason were romantically linked to each other.
- Bojana Novakovic (2013-2014) – In May 2013, the Australian actress Bojana Novakovic started dating Segel. They split in 2014.
- Alexis Mixter (2014-2021) – In December 2014, Jason started dating photographer Alexis Mixter. In April 2021, it was revealed that the couple had broken up.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on his father’s side while he is of English, Irish, Scottish, and French descent on his mother’s side.
- Towering height
- Frequently plays nerdy and sensitive characters
- Often sings in his own performances
His shoe size is not known. But, his fans consider it to be 13 (US).
He has appeared in the commercial of Saturday Night Live: Kemper Pedic Bed.
He has stated that he was raised Jewish as well as “a little bit of everything”.
Best Known For
Playing Marshall Eriksen in the CBS’s sitcom How I Met Your Mother from 2005 to 2014.
He appeared in the 1998 teen comedy film, Can’t Hardly Wait, for his role as watermelon guy.
First TV Show
From 1999 to 2000, Jason Segel played the role of Nick Andopolis in the teen comedy-drama television series Freaks and Geeks. He appeared in a total of 18 episodes.
In 2011, Jason got a wake-up call, when his assistant showed him his belly photos. He lost 30 pounds at that time and went from 245 lbs to 215 lbs.
He left the junk food, ate healthily, and went to do exercise to achieve his desired look.
Jason Segel Favorite Things
- Songs – Van Morrison – Astral Weeks, Bruce Springsteen – Thunder Road, Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody, Billy Joel – Piano Man, Les Miserables – One Day More
Source – Kcrw.com
Jason Segel Facts
- Jason’s mom is Christian and his dad is Jewish. So, he was raised in both religions, but mainly in Jewish.
- He can play the piano.
- He has played basketball in high school and won at the state level in California.
- Segel enjoys listening to classic rock and reggae music.
- He received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Chicago Film Critics Association Awards in 2011.
- On February 3, 2012, he got Harvard University’s Hasty Pudding 2012 Man of the Year award.
- He has distant French ancestry on his mother’s side.
- He desired to become an actor from his early life. So, instead of going to college, he acted at local theater productions.
- He appeared as Dane Faucheux in the 2019 comedy-drama film, Our Friend, in which he co-starred alongside Dakota Johnson and Casey Affleck.
- In December 2020, Jason and Kristen Bell received the “Heartbreaking Break-Up” award at the 2020 MTV Movie & TV Awards: Greatest of All Time for their 2008 romance-comedy film, Forgetting Sarah Marshall.