|Dakota Johnson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1989|
Dakota Johnson is an American actress, producer, and model who is known for her role as Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades film series as well as for appearing as Kate Fox in the Fox single-camera sitcom Ben and Kate. As she comes from a family of artists, she also began her career pursuits in the acting industry at a young age and has since been cast in a multitude of roles in projects such as Crazy in Alabama, The Social Network, Cymbeline, The High Note, How to Be Single, The Office, and The Peanut Butter Falcon.
Dakota Mayi Johnson
Austin, Texas, United States
Johnson went to Aspen Community School in Aspen, Colorado. Subsequently, she was enrolled at Santa Catalina School in Monterey, California for her freshman year.
Later, she entered New Roads School in Santa Monica, California.
Actress, Producer, Model
- Father – Don Johnson (Actor)
- Mother – Melanie Griffith (Actress)
- Siblings – Alexander Bauer (Half-Brother), Deacon Johnson (b. 2006) (Younger Half-Brother), Jasper (b. 2002) (Younger Half-Brother), Jesse Wayne Johnson (b. December 7, 1982) (Older Half-Brother), Stella del Carmen Banderas Griffith (b. September 24, 1996) (Younger Half-Sister), Grace (b. 1999) (Younger Half-Sister)
- Others – Freddie/Fred Wayne Johnson (Paternal Grandfather), Eva Lea/Lee “Nell” Wilson (Paternal Grandmother), Peter Atwill Griffith (Maternal Grandfather), Tippi Hedren (Maternal Grandmother) (Actress), Antonio Banderas (Stepfather) (Spanish Film actor, producer, director, and singer), Kelley Phleger (Stepmother)
In 2006, she signed with IMG Models.
She is also represented by TeaTime Pictures, Inc., Production Company, New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dakota Johnson has dated –
- Noah Gersh – She was previously in a long-term relationship with musician Noah Gersh.
- Jordan Masterson (2011-2014) – The two actors went out from 2011 to 2014.
- Benedict Cumberbatch (2013) – In December 2013, English actor Benedict Cumberbatch was RUMORed to have had a fling with Dakota, when he had lunch with her along with another female friend in New York.
- Matthew Hitt (2014-2015; 2015-2016) – Welsh singer Matthew Hitt and Dakota were romantically linked to each other from April 2014 to early 2015. When Dakota’s movie, Fifty Shades of Grey was released in 2015, they split. They reconciled some months later only to call it quits again in late 2016. Their busy schedules were the reason behind the separation.
- Nicholas Braun (2015) – Dakota was reportedly dating her How To Be Single co-star Nicholas Braun in 2015.
- Jon Hamm (2017) – It was RUMORed that she hooked up with actor and producer Jon Hamm in the year 2017.
- Chris Martin (2017-2019, 2019-Present) – In December 2017, Coldplay singer Chris Martin and Dakota started dating each other. In October 2018, rumors started appearing that the couple was expecting a child together and they had held a gender-reveal party for the same. But, it later turned out to be false news. They had separated for a short time in 2019 but got back together soon. In December 2020, there were engagement rumors as Dakota was seen with a ring on her ring finger.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Welsh, Swedish, German, Norwegian, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, and French Huguenot descent.
She is naturally a brunette (Brown colored hair). But, she sometimes dyes her hair blonde depending upon film and TV roles.
She dyed her hair back to ‘Brown’ for the 2015 movie “Fifty Shades of Grey”.
- A little gap in the front teeth
- Forehead bangs
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
In 2009, she modeled for the MANGO brand’s jeans line.
In 2011, Dakota appeared in the “Rising Star” campaign for Australian fashion house Wish.
Best Known For
Playing Amelia Ritter in The Social Network (2010), as Fugazy in 21 Jump Street (2012), as Anita in the Need for Speed (2014), as Anastasia Steele in the Fifty Shades of Grey (2015).
Dakota played the role of Sondra in the 1999 comedy-drama film Crazy in Alabama.
First TV Show
She played the role of Kate Fox in Fox’s single-camera situation comedy television series Ben and Kate. The actress was a part of the main cast of the series and her performance got her nominated for the 2013 Women’s Image Network Award for “Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series”.
For the 2015 film Fifty Shades of Grey, she started hitting the gym regularly. Before that, she was not consistent. There are scenes in the film, where she is meagerly dressed. So, to look good n*ked, she is spending a lot of time in the gym.
She also sips cold-pressed raw juice during the daytime.
Now, she feels awesome working out and even hits the gym during her off time with her boyfriend Jordan Masterson.
Dakota Johnson Favorite Things
- Song On The Fifty Shades of Grey Soundtrack – Beast of Burden by The Rolling Stones
- Book – Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- Comedian – Tig Notaro
Dakota Johnson Facts
- Johnson was named Miss Golden Globe 2006.
- At 12, she had a photoshoot for Teen Vogue with some other children of her age. This sparked interest in her to pursue modeling.
- As a child, Dakota was an avid dancer.
- Johnson has six half-siblings – four on her dad’s side and two on her mom’s side.
- She has a dog named Zeppelin.
- She is good friends with Riley Keough.
- She made her big-screen debut at the age of 10.
- In January 2021, during an appearance on The Late Late Show with James Corden, she revealed that she has 11 or 12 tattoos.
- In January 2021, during an appearance on The Drew Barrymore Show, Dakota revealed that she used to use George Clooney‘s name to get dinner reservations at some restaurants in the past.
- She does hot yoga in her garage.
- She is a secret cowgirl.
- Dakota is the co-founder of the production company, TeaTime Pictures which she co-founded with Ro Donnelly, former Netflix development executive.
- She is the co-creative director of the s*xual wellness brand, Maude.
- In October 2021, during a performance in London, Chris dedicated Coldplay’s song, My Universe to Dakota.