|Jon Hamm Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1971|
Jon Hamm is an American actor, voiceover artist, and producer who has earned global acclaim with his role as advertising executive Don Draper in the AMC television drama series Mad Men. In addition to that, he has also been cast in a variety of roles in projects such as Mayor Webb in Bless the Harts, Inspector Nate Basso in The Division, Burt Ridley in Providence, Denis McDonough in The Report, Laramie Seymour Sullivan in Bad Times at the El Royale, J. B. Bernstein in Million Dollar Arm, Dr. Drew Baird in 30 Rock, Richard Wayne Gary Wayne in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Adam Frawley in The Town, Mark Goodwin in Lucy in the Sky, and Paul Dominique in The Jesus Rolls.
Jonathan Daniel Hamm
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California, United States
Jon went to John Burroughs School in Ladue. He graduated in 1989 and took admission to the University of Texas. He dropped out after being arrested in November 1990 for doing a violent incident.
He finally enrolled himself at the University of Missouri. In 1993, he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in English.
Actor, voice actor, film director, and producer
- Father – Daniel Hamm (Trucking Company Owner)
- Mother – Deborah Hamm (Secretary)
- Siblings – Due to his father’s first marriage, he has two half-sisters.
- Others – Leonard Edward Hamm (Paternal Grandfather), Grace Lockett (Paternal Grandmother), William Joseph Garner (Maternal Grandfather), Dolores M. Taschner (Maternal Grandmother)
Jon Hamm has been repped by –
- William Morris Agency
- Forward Entertainment
- ICM Partners
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jon Hamm has dated –
- January Jones – It is RUMORed that he had a fling with actress and model January Jones in the past and the duo has also worked together in the period drama series Mad Men.
- Lindsay Shookus – It is RUMORed that he once hooked up with television producer Lindsay Shookus.
- Sarah Clarke – Jon dated future actress Sarah Clarke when they were studying in schools.
- Jennifer Westfeldt (1997-2015) – In 1997, he started dating actress and screenwriter, Jennifer Westfeldt. They remained an item for a huge 18 years before calling it quits in September 2015.
- Jenny Slate (2017) – The two actors Jenny Slate and Jon were seen on a movie date in June 2017 which sparked dating rumors.
- Dakota Johnson (2017) – RUMOR
- Anna Osceola – For a long time, Jon haD been rumored to be dating actress Anna Osceola. But, their dating thing was actually confirmed in the summer of 2020. Anna was also seen in the final episode of Jon’s hit series Mad Men. Anna is nearly 18 years his junior.
Race / Ethnicity
Jon has English, German, and Irish ancestry.
- Sex symbol
- Magnetic green eyes
- Stern voice
Jon has voiced many commercials such as Mercedes-Benz’s S400 Hybrid vehicle in March 2010.
In 2013, his voice was heard in American Airlines’ “Change is in the Air” commercial.
Jon has also advertised for the national ice hockey team St. Louis Blues.
With actress Jennifer Westfeldt, he has appeared in clothing retailer GAP ads.
In November-December 2014, he was seen in St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital commercial.
He is non-religious.
Best Known For
Playing advertising executive Don Draper in the AMC drama series Mad Men from 2007 to 2015. He appeared in a total of 92 episodes. This role secured him several accolades including Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series”, Golden Globe Award for “Best Actor in a Television Series – Drama”, Critics’ Choice Award for “Best Television Drama Series Actor”, and others.
In 2000, Jon debuted with the space disaster drama film Space Cowboys for his role as Young Pilot No. 2.
First TV Show
In 1996, Jon participated in the dating show The Big Date as a contestant.
Jon Hamm doesn’t go to the gym to stay fit. He is a sports lover and plays games like tennis and golf. For a 185 pound person, playing tennis for 30 minutes burns around 311 calories. It also strengthens leg muscles.
When his relationship with Jennifer Westfeldt was ON, he was eating vegetarian food for the most part as she used to cook the stuff (only vegetarian) at home.
Jon Hamm Favorite Things
- Baseball Team – St. Louis Cardinals
- Hockey Team – St. Louis Blues
Jon Hamm Facts
- Jon’s acting career started in 1996, but he was friends with actor Paul Rudd before becoming famous as an actor.
- In 1995, to enhance his career, he shifted to Los Angeles with his automobile and $150.
- Hamm used to work as a waiter while he was auditioning for various film roles.
- He is a Democrat.
- Jon enjoys playing golf and tennis.
- In 2008, Jon was included in the list of Sexiest Men Alive by People Magazine.
- At the age of 24, he stopped smoking cigarettes. While appearing in Mad Men, he used to smoke herbal cigarettes, which didn’t contain tobacco or nicotine.
- Jon’s parents divorced when he was 2. Jon lived with his mom until her death of colon cancer in 1981 (when Jon was 10). When he was 20, he lost his dad.
- He has taught eighth-grade acting to future actress Ellie Kemper and screenwriter Beau Willimon.
- He co-started a production company called Points West Pictures with Jennifer Westfeldt in April 2009.
- Jon has a mixed breed dog named, Cora.
- He has also worked in the p*rnographic films but as a set dresser.
- Jon’s role models are Greg Kinnear, Jeff Bridges, and Sam Elliott.
- He played Winnie the Pooh when he was in his first grade.
- While working on Mad Men, he started developing vitiligo.
- He is an animal rescue advocate.
- He is not on social media.