|Casey Affleck Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 12, 1975|
Casey Affleck is an American actor, film director, producer, and writer who is best known for portraying Robert Ford in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Tom Myers in American Pie 2, Virgil Malloy in Ocean’s Eleven, and Tom Cooper in Interstellar. He has won various awards such as the Critics’ Choice Movie Award, British Academy Film Award, Golden Globe Award, and Academy Award. He has also done voiceover work in films like ParaNorman and Unity.
Caleb Casey McGuire Affleck
Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
Los Feliz, Los Angeles, United States
Casey Affleck attended the Cambridge Rindge and Latin School in Massachusetts and graduated in 1993.
He then enrolled in George Washington University to study politics. However, he stayed there for just one year.
Finally, he was transferred to the Columbia University in New York City. There, he studied physics, astronomy, and Western philosophy. After studying for two years, he dropped out of the university.
Actor, film director, producer, and writer
- Father – Timothy Byers Affleck (Theatre Stage Manager, Director, Writer and Actor)
- Mother – Christopher Anne Boldt (Elementary School Teacher)
- Siblings – Ben Affleck (Older Brother) (Actor, Writer, Producer)
- Others – O’Brien “Obie” Boldt (Maternal Grandfather)
Casey Affleck is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Casey Affleck has dated –
- Summer Phoenix (2000-2016) – Casey started going out with actress Summer Phoenix in 2000 after being introduced by Summer’s brother Joaquin Phoenix, with whom Casey had worked with on I’m Still Here (2010). In May 2004, Phoenix gave birth to a son, Indiana August. They took their relationship to the next level by getting married in 2006. Their second son, Atticus was born in January 2008. In March 2016, they shocked the show business by revealing in a press statement that they had decided to end their sixteen-year-long relationship.
- Floriana Lima (2016-2021) – A couple of months after the end of his marriage, Casey found solace in the arms of actress Floriana Lima. The new couple was spotted putting on serious PDA on the Malibu beach in Los Angeles. They walked several red carpets together during their time together. However, the relationship fizzled out with time. They had never confirmed their breakup.
- Caylee Cowan (2021-Present) – In November 2021, he was spotted kissing actress and model, Caylee Cowan. He was 46 and Caylee was 23 at that time.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, English, Scottish, Irish, French, and Swedish descent.
- Mole below lip
- Wide blue eyes
- Low mumbling voice
Casey Affleck hasn’t done any type of brand endorsements but has directed advertisements for the Sundance Channel.
Best Known For
- Being Ben Affleck’s younger brother.
- Starring in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007).
His first theatrical film appearance came in the crime comedy-drama series To Die For as Russell Hines in 1995.
First TV Show
Casey Affleck made his first TV show appearance in ABC miniseries The Kennedys of Massachusetts for his role as Robert Kennedy in 1990.
In a bid to prepare for his role in Out of the Furnace (2013), Casey Affleck undertook strength training workouts that helped him look like the brawler, his character was supposed to be. He hit the gym five times a week. Along with strength training, he also took regular cardio sessions. Plus, he trained with fight experts to make sure that he brings authenticity to the workout.
Casey Affleck Facts
- Casey’s parents got divorced when he was 9 years old. After that, Casey and his brother Ben lived with their mother.
- He became a vegan in 1995. He believes eating meat is very unhealthy and encouraged the inhumane and violent industry.
- In 2010, Casey’s two female co-workers filed a sexual harassment case against him. Affleck opted to settle the cases out of the court.
- Casey loved animals from his childhood and his pets during that period included guinea pigs, snakes, turtles, and cats. He has also been involved with numerous animal rights campaigns for Farm Sanctuary and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
- Actor Matt Damon has always been his childhood friend. In fact, Damon called Casey his little brother in one of his interviews.
- After completing high school, he started working on his acting career, and at the age of 18, he shifted to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.
- He took a sort of break from acting to first study at George Washington University and then at Columbia University.
- Casey Affleck is fluent in Spanish and English.
- In 2016, during an interview, Casey revealed that he had been sober for almost 3 years.
- Casey Affleck doesn’t have a social media presence.