|John Goodman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 20, 1952|
|Spouse||Anna Beth Hartzog|
John Goodman is an American actor, voice actor, and producer who has been cast in movies like Raising Arizona, The Flintstones, Atomic Blonde, The Big Lebowski, The Babe, Always, Patriots Day, Barton Fink, Inside Llewyn Davis, Monsters, Inc., Bee Movie, The Princess and the Frog, Pope Joan, Argo, King Ralph, 10 Cloverfield Lane, and O Brother, Where Art Thou?. His television roles include playing Dan Conner in the sitcom Roseanne, Eli Gemstone in the black comedy series The Righteous Gemstones, Gil John Biggs in the political satire series Alpha House, Michael Ennis in the drama series Black Earth Rising, Pacha (voice) in the animated series The Emperor’s New School, and William “Butch” Gamble in the sitcom Normal, Ohio.
John Stephen Goodman
Affton, Missouri, United States
Garden District, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
John Goodman studied at Affton High School and he there played football as well as tried his hand in theater. He then earned a football scholarship to Missouri State University (then called Southwest Missouri State University) in Springfield and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1975.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer
- Father – Leslie Francis Goodman (Postal Worker)
- Mother – Virginia Roos (née Loosmore) (Waitress at Jack and Phil’s Bar-B-Que and a retail store worker who also took in laundry to support the family)
- Siblings – Leslie Goodman (14-year Older Brother), Elisabeth Goodman (Younger Sister)
- Others – Francis Marion Goodman (Paternal Grandfather), Lillie M. Harrison (Paternal Grandmother), William Benjamin Loosmore (Maternal Grandfather), Mathilde Mary Knoblauch (Maternal Grandmother)
John Goodman has been repped by The Gersh Agency, Inc., Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $45 Million.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
120 kg or 264.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Goodman has dated –
- Anna Beth Hartzog (1988-Present) – He started dating Anna Beth Hartzog in 1988 after they met at a Halloween party at Tipitina’s when he was filming Everybody’s All-American in New Orleans. They got married the following year and have been blessed with a daughter named Molly Evangeline Goodman (b. 1990) (who has worked as a production assistant in the film industry).
Race / Ethnicity
John Goodman is of English, Welsh, and German descent.
- Imposing physique
- Deep baritone voice
John Goodman has been cast in TV commercials for –
- Campbell’s Soup (1981)
- Levi’s jeans (1981)
- MCI Long Distance calling service (1982)
- McDonald’s hamburger restaurants (1983)
- Kellogg’s Frosted Mini-Wheats cereal (1984)
- Diet 7-Up soda (1987)
- M&M’s candy (1996)
- Haggar clothing (1996)
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital (PSA) (1998)
- Burger King hamburger restaurants (1999)
- In-n-Out hamburger restaurants
- Red Roof Inn (voice of “Red”) (2002)
- DirecTV (2003)
- Intel Centrino Mobile Technology (voiceover) (2004)
- Blue Rhino propane tank exchange (voiceover) (2004)
- Dunkin’ Donuts (voiceover)
- Fisher-Price toys (2019)
He was raised Southern Baptist.
John Goodman Favorite Things
- Project He Has Worked On – The Big Lebowski (1998)
Source – IMDb
John Goodman Facts
- His father died of a heart attack when John was 2 years old.
- He has described his childhood as alone because his father had died so early and his brother had left to go to college.
- John Goodman was bullied in school for being overweight.
- For his work in Roseanne, he won a Golden Globe Award for “Best Actor – TV Series Comedy/Musical” in 1993.
- On March 10, 2017, he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6767 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Goodman is a fan of the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team.
- He has struggled with alcoholism.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0