Romee Van Strijd
Fashion / Runway Model
- Mother – Saskia Bennis
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Romee Strijd is signed to these modeling agencies –
- DNA Model Management – New York
- Viva Model Management – London
- Wilma Wakker – Amsterdam (Mother Agency)
- Why Not Model Management – Milan
- Viva Model Management – Barcelona
- Viva Model Management – Paris
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Romee Strijd has dated –
- Laurens Van Leeuwen (2009-Present) – Romee is dating model Laurens Van Leeuwen since 2009. They are believed to have met via Laurens’s younger sister who was already friends with Romee.
Race / Ethnicity
31-23-33 in or 79-58.5-84 cm
0-2 (US) or 30-32 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Best Known For
Working with famous brands and designers and walking the 2014 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
First Fashion Show
Romee debuted with Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2012 fashion show and walked for Alexander McQueen, Balmain, Burberry Prorsum, Cacharel, Céline, Christopher Kane, Giambattista Valli, Hakaan, Isabel Marant, Jil Sander, Louis Vuitton, Loewe, Nina Ricci, Prada, Roland Mouret, and Yves Saint Laurent.
She appeared in Victoria’s Secret Fashion 2014. To prepare for the show physically, she underwent a 4-day boxing camp in Tulum. Romee took the help from New York City’s Aerospace gym owner and trainer Michael Olajide, Jr.
She works out daily without missing a single day. But, there is one thing, she doesn’t like, and that is Romee does not like to exercise all by herself. So, she goes to classes every day. She goes to SLT, Aerospace gym, does Ballet Beautiful and Pilates.
But due to her modeling career, she does not get to stay at one place for long. She is traveling most of the times. So, Romee does her workout in her hotel gym, if possible. For instance, she would do 30 minutes of cardio (running) followed by 15 minutes of rope skipping, followed by 15 minutes of ab exercises.
If she is free in the evening, she also gets to tune into Mary Helen Bowers’s 7:30 p.m. Ballet Beautiful Live virtual fitness classes via her computer.
She keeps herself hydrated by drinking lots of water. She listens to songs while working out to motivate and push her to exercise more. Here is her workout playlist.
Regarding diet, she eats healthy stuff. That doesn’t mean, she does not get cravings. She gets, but Romee feels better and full of energy if she eats healthy stuff. Before a fashion show, she strictly doesn’t indulge in junk food.
She keeps changing her eating plan. Romee eats stuff like almond butter, fresh fruits, yogurt, and seeds on a typical day.
Refueling the body after a workout session is a must. And, Romee knows that. Hence, she eats an apple, some nuts, smoothie, or juice.
Her afternoon meal and evening meals are mostly cooked by her such as baked chicken or fish with lots of veggies and spices.
Romee Strijd Favorite Things
- VS Angel – All of them
- Designers – Isabel Marant
Source – Fashionista.com, Harper’sBazaar.com
Romee Strijd Facts
- She debuted in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2014 along with fellow Dutch model Imaan Hammam.
- She is not the first Dutch model to appear in Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Other models like Doutzen Kroes, Maud Welzen (first ran in VS show in 2012 for their PINK line), etc. have already made into this annual show.
- She likes to work in Victoria’s Secret fashion shows. Unlike other fashion shows, she can smile or even send a kiss on the catwalk, here, in VS show. So, it’s rather fun.
- After Victoria’s Secret casting for the VS show in 2014, Romee treated herself with little carrot cake, which her boyfriend brought up for her.
- Romee likes cooking. She makes things like healthy muffins and banana bread.
- She is friends with models Bette Franke, Anna de Rijk, Daphne Groeneveld, Erjona Ala.
- In 2009, she started modeling locally.
- Romee looks up to the career of Bette Franke as Bette is from the same mother agency as her. Also, she has done big fashion jobs and is grounded.