|Carolina Herrera Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1939|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Carolina Herrera is a Venezuelan-American fashion designer who is widely recognized for her unique personal style. She rose to fame after founding her titular label in 1980 and she has dressed various celebrities including Jacqueline Onassis and Michelle Obama. She has been conferred numerous awards such as the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award from the Council of Fashion Designers of America in 2008 and the Couture Council Award for “Artistry of Fashion” in 2014.
María Carolina Josefina Pacanins y Niño
Seventh Avenue, Garment District, New York City, New York, United States
She went to Vassar College in Poughkeepsie in New York where she studied Biochemistry and Biopsychology. She attained an honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts from the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT).
- Father – Guillermo Pacanins Acevedo (Air force officer and former governor of Caracas)
- Mother – María Cristina Niño Passios
She is represented by A6 Cinema.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Guillermo Behrens Tello (1957-1964) – She tied the knot with the Venezuelan landowner Guillermo Behrens Tello in 1957. They got divorced in 1964. They had 2 daughters named Mercedes Behrens-Pacanins and Ana Luisa Behrens-Pacanins.
- Reinaldo Herrera Guevara – In 1968, she married Reinaldo Herrera Guevara who was the host of a Venezuelan television news program, a magazine editor and the 5th Marqués of Torre Casa. They have 2 daughters named Carolina Adriana Herrera-Pacanins (b. 1969), and Patricia Cristina Herrera-Pacanins.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Venezuelan descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Sharp nose
Carolina Herrera Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Horse-riding, Reading
- Passion – Humanitarian work including serving as a goodwill ambassador for the Intergovernmental Institution for the use of Micro-Algae Spirulina Against Malnutrition (IIMSAM)
Carolina Herrera Facts
- As a child, she was always fascinated with clothing design and she enjoyed sewing clothes for her dolls.
- Her socialite grandmother used to take young Carolina to fashion shows and would buy her outfits at Lanvin and Dior, so she got introduced to the world of fashion quite early.
- In 2009, she became a naturalized citizen of America.
- She has many celebrity fans including the popular actress Renee Zellweger.
Featured Image by Christopher Peterson / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0