|Mac Jones Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 1998|
Mac Jones is an American football quarterback who has played for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL).
Michael McCorkle Jones
The Joker, Mac
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Mandarin, Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Mac Jones studied at The Bolles School, a private college preparatory day and boarding school in Jacksonville, Florida. There, he played high school football under head coach Corky Rogers.
Afterward, Mac Jones committed to the University of Kentucky but eventually accepted a scholarship offer from the University of Alabama to play for the Crimson Tide. He received a bachelor’s degree in communication studies with a 4.00 GPA and later completed a master’s degree in sports hospitality with a 4.00 GPA.
- Father – Gordon Jones (Played tennis at Florida State University and Flagler College)
- Mother – Holly Jones
- Siblings – Will Jones (Brother) (Played soccer at Mercer University), Sarah Jane (Sister) (Played tennis for the College of Charleston)
- Others – Wyly King Jones (Paternal Grandfather), Olive May Sonenson (Paternal Grandmother), Rosemary H. Hollander (Maternal Grandmother)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
100 kg or 220.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mac Jones has dated –
- Sophie Scott (2019-Present) – He met Sophie Scott at the University of Alabama and the duo started going out in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Mac Jones is of English, Swiss-German, Scottish, and Norwegian descent.
Mac Jones signed an endorsement deal with a Boston-based company named NoBull in August 2021.
Mac Jones Facts
- Growing up, he worked as a child model and actor and made appearances in commercials.
- In 2015, during his junior year, Mac Jones led The Bolles School to the state regional final. The following year, he led the school to the Florida 4A title, throwing for 1,532 yards and 29 touchdowns, as a senior.
- In college, he was nicknamed “the Joker” for his habit of laughing with his mouth open and having fun in the locker room with his teammates.
- In 2017, he was redshirted in his freshman season after he arrived as an early enrollee at the University of Alabama.
- Mac Jones was charged with driving under the influence (DUI) in 2017.
- He went on to appear in 14 of the Crimson Tide‘s 15 games (mostly as a holder on special teams) in the 2018 season.
- In 2019, he led Alabama to a 35–16 win over the Michigan Wolverines in the Citrus Bowl and went on to finish the 2019 season with 1,503 passing yards, 14 touchdowns, and three interceptions in 11 games and four starts.
- For the 2020–21 school year, Mac Jones received Academic All-American of the Year honors from the College Sports Information Directors of America in both Division I football and all Division I sports.
- He was one of the top quarterback prospects of the 2021 NFL Draft and was selected 15th overall by the New England Patriots after the 49ers drafted North Dakota State quarterback Trey Lance. With this, he became the first quarterback drafted in the first round by the team since Drew Bledsoe in 1993.
- On July 6, 2021, Jones signed a four-year rookie contract, worth $15.6 million fully guaranteed.
- As Mac Jones was named the New England Patriots‘ starter for 2021, he became the team’s first rookie quarterback to start a season opener since Bledsoe in 1993.
- He made his NFL debut with the New England Patriots in a 17–16 loss against the Miami Dolphins in 2021 as he completed 29 of 39 passes for 281 yards and made his first touchdown pass to wide receiver Nelson Agholor.
- Mac Jones finished the 2021 season with 3,801 passing yards, 22 touchdowns, and a 67.6 completion percentage. This was the highest among rookie quarterbacks in 2021.
- His performance in his first season led him to be named to the 2021 PFWA All-Rookie Team.
Featured Image by Jeffhoffman2001 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0 DEED