|Ron Perlman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 13, 1950|
Ron Perlman is an American veteran actor who has taken part in a large number of stage plays, cinemas, and television productions. He has been in the film industry for a long time and has worked alongside diverse actors. While he has not been a top star, he has always been very popular. He played the role of the noble lion-man Vincent on the fantasy series Beauty and the Beast (1987-1990). He won a Golden Globe Award for his work in this role and started having a huge fan following. Ron is known for his work in the title role of Hellboy in the big-budget comic book movies Hellboy (2004) and its sequel Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008). His other important roles include that of the conniving Norman Arbuthnot in The Last Supper (1995), the leader of vampires Reinhardt in Blade II (2002), and biker chief Clay Morrow on the popular television series Sons of Anarchy (2008-2013).
Perlman has had quite an unusual career in film, playing the role of everything from a prehistoric ape-man to an aging transvestite. Between 2003 and 2007, he participated as a voice artist in 2 popular animated shows Teen Titans and Danny Phantom. He was the narrator of the game series Fallout, lent his voice for Clayface in the DC Animated Universe, and the Stabbington brothers in Disney’s animated film Tangled (2010), to name a few.
Ronald Francis Perlman
Washington Heights, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Perlman passed out from George Washington High School in 1967. He completed his bachelor’s degree from Lehman College of The City University of New York in 1971.
Two years later, he graduated from the University of Minnesota with a master’s degree in theater arts.
Actor, Voice Artist
- Father – Bertram “Bert” Perlman (Jazz Drummer, Repairman)
- Mother – Dorothy Perlman (Municipal Employee)
Ron is represented by –
- Danis, Panaro & Nist
- LINK Entertainment
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ron Perlman has dated –
- Opal Stone (1980-2021) – Perlman and fashion designer Opal Stone got together in 1980. They dated for 1 year and tied the knot in 1981. They have had a daughter named Blake Amanda (actress) and a son named Brandon Avery (actor, voice actor, and producer). They separated in May 2019 after 38 years of marriage. Subsequently, Ron had filed for divorce which was finalized in October 2021. Ron was ordered to pay $12,500 a month in perpetuity to Opal. He would also have to pay 20% of the gross income earned annually in excess of $624,000 (with a base of $52,000 per month) with a maximum cap of $1.5 million.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Due to advancing age, gray hairs are visible on his head.
- Deep Rolling Voice
- Square Jaw
- Imposing Stature
Ron has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as Stella Artois (2003) and Netflix DVD rental company (2009).
He has also given his voice to the TV commercials on Bridgestone Tires (2008) and Walt Disney Company (2004).
Best Known For
- His role as Vincent on the fantasy series Beauty and the Beast from 1987 to 1990
- His title role as Hellboy in the comic book movies Hellboy (2004) and its sequel Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008)
Perlman made his feature film debut as Amoukar in Quest for Fire in 1981.
First TV Show
Perlman made his TV show debut on the soap opera Ryan’s Hope as Dr. Bernie Marx in 1979.
He usually works out at Gold’s Gym, when he is in New York. His workout consists of 30 minutes of cardio and pulldowns.
Ron Perlman Favorite Things
- Movie – Nobody’s Fool (1994)
- Hobbies – Golf, Jazz, and Pool
- Sports Team – New York Yankees
- Role – Where he can play deformed people
- Drinks – Vodka or Tequila
- Passionate About – Cuban cigars, the most favorite being Hoyo de Monterrey’s Epicure N° 2 and a Nicaraguan, Joya de Nicaragua’s Gran Consul
Source – Wikipedia, IMDb, Pajiba, Cigars-Connect.com
Ron Perlman Facts
- Perlman has very often appeared as characters who are either deformed or are not human, beginning with his role as Amoukar in Quest for Fire (1981).
- He has often been seen in the movies made by his friend, Mexican filmmaker Guillermo del Toro Gómez.
- Although he was originally left-handed, he was forced to use his right as a child and became comfortable using his right hand.
- In order to prepare for his role in Hellboy (2004), Perlman read all the Hellboy comic books available. He religiously worked out several hours of the week and also while shooting.
- Perlman was titled as the “Best Dramatic Actor” in Star magazine’s Reader’s Poll, for his excellent role as Vincent in Beauty and the Beast (1987).
- His name was included in the rankings of US magazine’s “20 Who Turned Us On” list in 1988.
- He has given his voice to various roles such as mutant villain Clayface on Batman: The Animated Series (1992), the villain Slade on Teen Titans (2003), the Hulk/Bruce Banner on Fantastic Four: The Animated Series (1994) and Iron Man (1994), etc.
- Perlman has a pet dog named Nigel.
- By playing the lead role in the movie sequel Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008), at the age of 58, he broke records and became the oldest actor ever to have played the main superhero.
- Perlman is known for his brilliant acting under prosthetics. He has given advice to several actors in Hollywood regarding how to emote effectively under full-head prosthetic appliances.
- He looks strikingly similar to singer and actor Tom Waits, so much, that once, Waits was credited as Perlman on a movie poster.
- In 2010, Perlman launched his own film production company called Wing and a Prayer Pictures.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0