|Rachael Ray Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1968|
Rachael Ray is a celebrity chef and author who has authored a number of cookbooks and gained popularity after her 30 Minutes Meals Show. She is also an influential television personality and has also worked with Oprah Winfrey. Being an animal lover, she runs the charity Rachael’s Rescue to help at-risk animals. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram, more than 5 million followers on Twitter, and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Rachael Domenica Ray
Super-Cook, Anti-Martha, Rach, The Rach
Glens Falls, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Rachael attended the Lake George Junior-Senior High School.
Television Personality, Businesswoman, Celebrity Chef, Writer
- Father – James Claude Ray
- Mother – Elsa Providenza Scuderi
- Siblings – Maria Betar (Older Sister), Emmanuel (Younger Brother)
- Others – Emmanuel/Emanuel Scuderi (Maternal Grandfather), Christine Emma Stott (Maternal Grandmother)
She self-manages her career.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachael Ray has dated –
- Dan Di Nicola (1996-1999) – Rachael started dating Dan Di Nicola in 1996. The couple dated for almost 3 years before splitting up in 1999.
- John Cusimano (2003-Present) – Rachael Ray started dating American lawyer and the lead singer of the rock band The Cringe, John Cusimano, around the year 2003. Eventually, they got married on September 24, 2005. The ceremony was held in Montalcino, Tuscany, Italy. The pair have since been together and he has also contributed with a companion volume to one of her books titled My Year in Meals.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Sicilian (Italian), English, French, and Welsh ancestry.
- Lovely smile
- Curvy figure
- In 2006, she became the spokeswoman for Nabisco brand snack crackers and appeared in their print ads.
- WestPoint Home started marketing sheets and blankets designed by Ray in February 2007.
- She appeared in the TV commercials and print ads for Dunkin’ Donuts in 2007 and 2008.
- She promoted her line of premium dog food & treats titled Rachael Ray Nutrish in a TV commercial in 2010.
- Rachel has appeared in the print as well as TV commercial for SC Johnson’s Ziploc food bags and containers and the Great American Fresh Over Recipe Guide in 2012.
- In December 2016, PulteGroup launched the Rachael Ray Home Collection.
Best Known For
Her talk show named The Rachael Ray Show and a Food Network series, 30 Minutes Meals.
First TV Show
In 2001, Ray made her TV show debut as a hostess on the cooking show, 30 Minute Meals.
Ray’s workout is a combination of running followed by circuit training exercises at the gym. Although she doesn’t keep a check on her calories, she loves heading to the gym every morning with her husband and sweating it out there.
Rachael Ray Favorite Things
- Family Past Time – To listen to music with the dog
Source – Forbes
Rachael Ray Facts
- Her show 30 Minute Meals won the Daytime Emmy Award for “Best Outstanding Service Show” in 1996.
- She has authored more than 20 cookbooks including 30 Minute Meals (1999), Rachael Ray’s Open House Cookbook (2000), Veggie Meals (2001), and Comfort Foods (2001).
- Ray is well-versed in Italian.
- Her mother managed restaurants which Ray considers as her source of pursuing a career in the food industry.
- Her show, 30 Minute Meals, was inspired by people who were reluctant to cook. She wanted to teach people how to prepare meals in just 30 minutes.
- On her show, she uses catchphrases like ‘choup’ i.e something which is thicker than a soup but thinner than a chowder, ‘yum-o’, ‘Oh My Gravy!’ and ‘E-V-O-O’ i.e extra-virgin olive oil.
- She specializes in burgers.
- Her cooking style can be termed as “quick and easy” and she believes in approximations while cooking.
- In her hometown, she has a pizza place, “Rachael Ray” pizza, named in her honor.
- She has a pet dog named Isaboo and a goldfish.
- She launched her magazine, Every Day With Rachael Ray, in 2006.
- The first thing that she prepared for her husband for the very first time on his birthday was pasta carbonara.
- She has worked with Oprah Winfrey and is also friends with her.
- Her dog has been accused several times of attacking people as well as other animals.
- She runs a charity named Rachael’s Rescue to help at-risk animals.
- She also runs a non-profit organization, Yum-O!, which focuses on empowering kids and their families to develop healthy relationships with food and cooking.
Featured Image by Dow.nathan / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0