|Charlie McDowell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 10, 1983|
Charlie McDowell is a talented American film director and writer. He is known for directing films and TV shows such as The Discovery, Untitled Sarah Silverman Project, The One I Love, Bye Bye Benjamin, Dear White People, and Silicon Valley. His writing credits include The Discovery, Bye Bye Benjamin, and Gilded Rage. He studied films at the AFI Conservatory in California. Charlie is also known for his hilarious Twitter feeds.
Charles Malcolm Taylor
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Charlie McDowell studied at Crossroads High School in Santa Monica, California, graduating in 2002. Later, he attended the AFI Conservatory film school in California.
Film Director, Writer
- Father – Malcolm McDowell (Actor)
- Mother – Mary Steenburgen (Actress, Singer)
- Siblings – Lilly McDowell (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Seamus Hudson McDowell (Younger Step-Brother), Beckett Taylor McDowell (Younger Step-Brother), Finnian Anderson McDowell (Younger Step-Brother), Kelley Kuhr (Step-Mother) (Artist), Charles Abram Walton (Brother-In-Law), Clementine Mae Walton (Neice), Ted Danson (Step-Father) (Actor, Writer, Producer), Kate Danson (Older Step-Sister) (Actress), Alexis Danson (Younger Step-Sister), Jesse Bochco (Step-Brother-In-Law), Alexander Siddig (Cousin), Nellie Mae/May (Maternal Grandmother), Maurice Hoffman Steenburgen (Maternal Grandfather), Edna McDowell (Paternal Grandmother), Charles Taylor(Paternal Grandfather)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charlie McDowell has dated –
- Haylie Duff (2007) – In 2007, Charlie briefly dated actress, Haylie Duff. However, after a few months, Haylie broke up with Charlie.
- Kristin Chenoweth (2008-2009) – In April 2008, Charlie started dating actress Kristin Chenoweth. They met on the set of Four Christmases (2008). They were spotted together at the Tony Awards ceremony. However, the couple separated in February 2009.
- Rooney Mara (2010-2016) – In 2010, Charlie started dating actress Rooney Mara. They met on the set of his Netflix film The Discovery. However, they separated in 2016.
- Emilia Clarke (2018-2019) – In 2018, Charlie started dating British actress Emilia Clarke. However, their relationship did not last long and they split in early 2019.
- Lily Collins (2019-Present) – In July 2019, Charlie started dating actress Lily Collins. Lily gave hints about their relationship by posting pictures of Charlie on her Instagram posts. Their relationship went Instagram-official in August 2019. On September 25, 2020, it was announced by Lily herself that she and Charlie had gotten engaged.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Scottish, Welsh, and distant Dutch descent.
- Short hair
- Lean figure
- Tall height
Best Known For
- Directing the drama fantasy film The One I Love (2014) starring Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss
- His other directorial works such as The Discovery (2017) and Bye Bye Benjamin (2006)
In 2014, he made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor in the drama-fantasy film The One I Love as Madison.
First TV Show
In 1996, he made his TV show debut as a voice actor on the historical war documentary series, The West.
Charlie McDowell Facts
- He has a production company called Cloudbreak Productions.
- He used to own a website that captured the odd things that the girls living above his apartment said to him.
- In 2005, he joined the American film Institute as its directing partner.
- In 2011, Time described his Twitter account as “one of the most hilarious Twitter feeds out there”.
- On June 4, 2013, he published a book titled Dear Girls Above Me with Three Rivers Press based on his Twitter feed.
- He loves surfing.
- He has a dog named Marvin.
- His writing credits include The Discovery (2017), Bye Bye Benjamin (2006) and Gilded Rage.
Featured Image by Charlie McDowell / Instagram