Kristi Dawn Chenoweth
Cheno, The K-Cho, K-Cho
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, U.S.
Chenoweth studied at the Broken Arrow Senior High School and took part in many school plays.
She also went to the Oklahoma City University (OCU) and was a Gamma Phi Beta (Beta Omicron) sorority member. In 1990, Kristin completed her Bachelor’s in musical theater and in 1992, she did a Master’s degree in opera performance. Florence Gillam Birdwell was her voice instructor and mentor at the university.
In 2009, the University of North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem, North Carolina awarded her an honorary doctorate in Performing Arts. She was the commencement speaker for the University.
In 2013, she was awarded an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from the Oklahoma City University (OCU).
The Eastman School of Music in Rochester, New York made Kristin as an honorary member of the Sigma Alpha Iota music fraternity’s Sigma Theta chapter in 2015.
- Father – Jerry Morris Chenoweth (Mechanical Engineer)
- Mother – Junie Smith Chenoweth (Mechanical Engineer)
- Siblings – Mark Chenoweth (Brother)
She is managed by
- Micone Entertainment Group, Inc.
- Jill Fritzo Public Relations
Pop, Jazz, disco, country pop, vocal pop
Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Masterwork, Concord Music Group
4 ft 11 in or 150 cm
45 kg or 99 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kristin Chenoweth dated –
- Adam Guettel (1997) – Kristin Chenoweth and American composer Adam Guettel had a relationship in 1997.
- Marc Kudisch (1999-2001) – Kristin Chenoweth and American actor Marc Kudisch dated for some time from 1999 to 2001.
- Lane Garrison (2006-2009) – Kristin and actor Lane Garrison dated for quite some time from 2006 to June 2009.
- Aaron Sorkin (2006) – Chenoweth and writer Aaron Sorkin had a brief stint in 2006.
- Seth Green (2008) – Chenoweth dated actor, producer, and writer Seth Green for some time in 2008.
- Charlie McDowell (2008-2009) – Kristin was in a relationship with film director and writer Charlie McDowell for a couple of months from 2008 to 2009.
- Sean Hayes (2010) – In 2010, Kristin and actor, comedian and producer Sean Hayes were romantically linked to each other for a short period.
- Jake Pavelka (2012-2013) – The actress started dating American reality TV personality and pilot Jake Pavelka in October 2012 and they separated in February 2013.
- Dana Brunetti (2013-2014) – Chenoweth was seen romancing film producer Dana Brunetti for over one year around 2013 and 2014.
- Andrew Pruett (2015-Present) – In April 2015, Kristin started dating American businessman Andrew Pruett and they are often spotted together in public. The relationship is still ON.
Race / Ethnicity
She has partial Cherokee ancestry.
- Unique and high pitched voice
- Blonde hair with extensions
- Height and petite body
- Plays optimistic and goal-oriented roles often.
35-23-33 in or 89-58.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
5.5 (US) or 36 (EU)
The actress has appeared in several Old Navy commercials.
In January 2010, she was named the ambassador for Oscar Mayer Good Mood.
In 2014, she was seen in the Asthma & Allergy Foundation’s Know Your Count TV commercial.
Kristin is a non-judgmental, liberal Christian.
Best Known For
Some of her notable movies include Bewitched (2005), The Pink Panther (2006), RV (2006), Rio 2 (2014) and The Peanuts Movie (2015).
In television, she is known for Pushing Daisies (from 2007 to 2009) as Olive Snook; Sit Down, Shut Up (2009) as voice role of Miracle Grohe; Disney Channel Original Movie Descendants (2015) as Maleficent and The West Wing (from 2004 to 2006) as Annabeth Schott.
Her first solo album Let Yourself Go was released in 2001 via Sony Music Entertainment. It was a collection of the 1930s and 1940s standards.
Chenoweth’s film debut came in 2002 with Topa Topa Bluffs in which she portrayed the role of Patty.
First TV Show
Her first television show was NBC sitcom LateLine in which she played the character of Kristin in just one episode “The Christian Guy”.
First Stage Appearance
In 1997, Kristin made her Broadway debut in the musical Steel Pier where she played the Precious McGuire character and went on to win the Theatre World Award.
For Kristin, running is the best exercise. When in New York, she heads off to the pier on the west side for a run.
Chenoweth believes that eating and drinking healthy is very important for staying fit. She has a daily dose of oatmeal and prefers Starbucks Oatmeal as it does not need extra sugar to taste good.
Almonds; low-cal wraps with turkey, lettuce, tomato, and pickles; protein salad with tomatoes, celery, almonds, and loads of crunchy veggies are some other dietary preferences of the celebrity. She also loves hot tea. As she does not like drinking water, she carries Crystal Light packets with her.
Kristin Chenoweth Favorite Things
- Actress – Madeline Kahn
- Singers – Dolly Parton, Julie Andrews
- Food – Chocolate chip cookie, steak, chicken breast with Au Poivre sauce, broccoli, salad, mashed potato
- Restaurant – BLT Steak in L.A., Café Luxembourg on the Upper West Side
- Drink – Cosmopolitan
- Place – Chicago
- Dessert – Banana cream pie at Joe Allen’s in New York
Source – IMDb, Bon Appetit
Kristin Chenoweth Facts
- The Chenoweth family adopted Kristin when she was just 5 days old.
- As a child, she gave gospel song performances at local churches.
- Kristin is a classically trained coloratura soprano and can aptly sing the F6 note.
- Chenoweth has an inner ear disorder called the Ménière’s disease that often hinders her performances.
- She is a bi-coastal and shuttles her time between New York and Los Angeles.
- She has a Maltese dog that she has named Maddie after her favorite actress.
- When she was studying at OCU, Kristin won the Miss OCU title. In 1991, she was second runner-up in the Miss Oklahoma pageant.
- She was titled Most Promising Up-and-Coming Singer in the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions and won a scholarship for Academy of Vocal Arts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- In 1993, Kristin gave the auditions for the musical Animal Crackers. She bagged a role and turned down the scholarship to concentrate on the show and shifted base to New York.
- The singer performed at the 10th Anniversary Bash of City Center Encores! in 2002.
- She was on the cover page of FHM Magazine’s March 2006 edition.
- On April 14, 2009, her book titled A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love, and Faith in Stages was released in which she described her journey in Hollywood.
- In 2010, she was a part of a three-minute video titled iPad or Bust for Glamour Magazine.
- Chenoweth received the Oklahoma Hall of Fame in 2010.
- The singer performed the U.S. national anthem at the Yankees’ Home Opener in 2010.
- In 2011, Chenoweth’s first televised music video was released on Country Music Television. Titled I Want Somebody, the video ranked No. 19 on Top Twenty Countdown list of CMT.
- She bagged the GLAAD Vanguard Award in 2011.
- The Broken Arrow Performing Arts Center was renamed Kristin Chenoweth Theatre in 2012.
- In 2013, she was the co-host for the Oscars Red Carpet Live that took place just before the 85th Academy Awards in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
- She performed the “New York, New York” song at Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2013 while on the Royal Caribbean’s A World at Sea float.
- On the occasion of her 47th birthday on July 24, 2015, the actress received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Live Theatre in Hollywood, California.
- On June 7, 2015, she was the co-host for the Tony Awards held at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
- You can follow her on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, MySpace, YouTube, iTunes, and Spotify.
- You can visit her official website.