|Danny DeVito Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 17, 1944|
Daniel Michael DeVito, Jr.
Neptune Township, New Jersey, United States
Danny DeVito went to the Oratory Preparatory School, which is a boarding school in New Jersey.
After completing his high school education in 1962, he got enrolled at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts from where he graduated in 1966.
Actor, comedian, director, producer
- Father – Daniel DeVito, Sr. (Small Business Owner)
- Mother – Julia DeVito
- Siblings – Angela Lucia (Older Sister), Theresa Scialla (Older Sister)
- Others – Michael DeVito (Paternal Grandfather), Mary DeVito (Paternal Grandmother), Ludovico Moccello (Maternal Grandfather), Angelina Moccello (Maternal Grandmother)
Danny DeVito is signed up with Stan Rosenfield & Associates, Inc.
4 ft 10 in or 147 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Danny DeVito has dated –
- Rhea Perlman (1971-Present) – Danny first met his wife Rhea Perlman at the performance of The Shrinking Bride. She was there to see her friend in the play, which also had Danny amongst the cast. Their relationship moved pretty quickly after their first meeting as they moved in just after two weeks. After dating for nearly a decade, they got married in January 1982 in a small private ceremony. A year later, she gave birth to their first child, daughter Lucy Chet DeVito. In March 1985, she gave birth to their second daughter, Grace Fan DeVito. They welcomed a son, Jacob Daniel DeVito in October 1987. During the course of their marriage, they appeared together in a movie, Matilda as well as TV series, Taxi. However, they shocked their fans and movie industry by revealing that they had split after being together for more than 40 years. By March 2013, they had reconciled. However, in March 2017, they decided to separate for the second time. However, by March 2018, it was reported that the couple has reconciled again.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian ancestry.
He has ‘white’ hair.
But, he likes to dye them ‘Dark Brown’.
- Short height
- Deep raspy voice
Danny has appeared in TV commercials for –
- Nespresso coffee machines (Alongside George Clooney)
- Lipton’s Brisk iced tea
Plus, he has lent his voice in the ad for Nest Thermostat devices.
Best Known For
Being cast as taxi dispatcher Louie De Palma in the ABC TV series, Taxi.
In 1971, he made his film debut in the role of Fred Mancuso in the French-Italian comedy movie, Lady Liberty.
First TV Show
From 1978 to 1983, Danny made his first TV show appearance in the ABC TV series, Taxi.
Danny isn’t a big fan of working out or following a strict diet plan. However, he occasionally likes to sneak out for a run. He also likes to exercise on a stationary bike every once in a while.
Danny DeVito Favorite Things
- Most Treasured Possession – His wife
- Super Power – Get people to do things the way he wanted
- Fancy Dress Costume – An apple
- Guiltiest Pleasure – Popcorn
- His Greatest Achievement – Staying alive
Source – The Guardian
Danny DeVito Facts
- Before becoming a successful actor, he has held a number of miscellaneous jobs such as cosmetician at his sister’s beauty salon and cleaning butts out of ashtrays at a hotel.
- He was under consideration to play the role of Super Mario in the adventure comedy film, Super Mario Bros, which was inspired by the popular video game. The role eventually went to Bob Hoskins.
- In 2010, he was inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame for his immense contributions and services to the show business and entertainment industry.
- In his early struggling days, he shared a flat in Manhattan, New York City with actor Michael Douglas. His share in the rent of the flat was $75 per month.
- The producers of Kindergarten Cop considered Danny for the lead role of Detective John Kimble. However, they decided against casting him due to his short stature and instead went for his close friend, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- He collaborated with Michael Shamberg to establish a production house, Jersey Films, which has produced cult hits such as Pulp Fiction (1994) and Garden State (2004).
- His father got him enrolled at a boarding school at the age of 14 after he had convinced his father that was the only way to keep him out of trouble.
- The cause of his famous short stature is multiple epiphyseal dysplasias, which is also known as Fairbank’s disease. This rare genetic problem has an adverse effect on the development of bones.
- He was the co-owner of a Miami-based restaurant known by the name of DeVito South Beach. However, it closed down in 2011.
- He has been named on the steering committee of the Friends of the Apollo, which works to support a theater of the same name in Oberlin, Apollo.
- In August 2011, he was honored with his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6906 Hollywood Blvd in Hollywood.
- He is an environmentalist and uses a Nissan Leaf 100% electric car for transportation. He is also a supporter of the Solar Neighbors Program, a foundation that encourages the usage of solar power.
- He is an active supporter of the International Myeloma Foundation, which is the largest and oldest charity that supports this unique form of cancer.
- At the 73rd Annual Academy Awards, he brought a bag of carrots along to munch during the award ceremony.