|Idina Menzel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 30, 1971|
Idina Menzel is an American singer, songwriter, actor, and voice actor who is known for her powerful mezzo-soprano voice and signature belting technique. One of the most successful Broadway performers of her generation, her discography comprises of albums and tracks like Still I Can’t Be Still, I Stand, Here, Christmas: A Season of Love, Holiday Wishes, Let It Go, Baby, It’s Cold Outside (duet with Michael Bublé), You Learn to Live Without, Take Me or Leave Me (with Tracie Thoms), and Brave. Her first-holiday album, Holiday Wishes, peaked at number #6 on the Billboard 200 and became her highest-placing solo album on the chart. Over the years, she has also been cast in a variety of shows and movies like Ralph Breaks the Internet, Kissing Jessica Stein, Ask the Dust, Rent, Olaf’s Frozen Adventure, Frozen, Frozen Fever, Frozen II, Cinderella, Uncut Gems, The Tollbooth, Hercules: The Animated Series, Glee, The Glee Project, Private Practice, Rescue Me, Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2, Julie’s Greenroom, Wonder Pets, and Beaches.
Idina Kim Mentzel
Dee, Adele Dazeem
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
In 1993, Idina graduated from New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts with a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) in drama.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Stuart Mentzel (Pajama salesman)
- Mother – Helene Mentzel (Therapist)
- Siblings – Cara Mentzel (Younger Sister) (Teacher)
- Others – Zelig Mentzel (Paternal Grandfather), Sarah Hassan (Paternal Grandmother), Nathan “Nat” Goldberg (Maternal Grandfather)
Idina Menzel has been repped by –
- One Entertainment, Artist Management Company, New York City, New York, United States
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Broadway, Pop, Vocal, Rock
Hollywood Records, Warner Bros., Walkman Records, Zel, Verve Records, Schoolboy Records
Her net worth had been $16 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Idina has dated –
- Taye Diggs (1996-2013) – Idina started dating actor Taye Diggs in 1996 when she met him during the Broadway production of Rent. After dating for a couple of years, the duo married on January 11, 2003. Their married life went on for just more than a decade, which finally came to an end on December 11, 2013. During their time together, Idina also gave birth to the couple’s first child, a son named Walker Nathaniel Diggs, on September 2, 2009. Their divorce was finalized in December 2014.
- Aaron Lohr (2015-Present) – Actor and singer Aaron Lohr and Idina started dating in April 2015. On September 23, 2016, via Twitter, she announced that she has engaged with Lohr.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Russian and European ancestry.
35-25-36 in or 89-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
She has appeared in Disney’s Super Bowl commercial and HP’s tablet commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Maureen Johnson in the musical drama film Rent in 2005. The movie received several nominations.
She also played the same role in the 1996 Broadway production of Rent.
She released her debut album titled Still I Can’t Be Still on September 15, 1998, via Hollywood Records. The album consisted of 11 singles, which was a failure. It sold less than 10,000 copies in the United States and also did not chart on the Billboard 200.
She appeared in the 2001 independent romantic comedy film Kissing Jessica Stein for her role as a bridesmaid.
First TV Show
In 1998, she appeared for just 1 episode in Hercules: The Animated Series for her role as Circe.
She credits enough sleep and a steam shower for fitness. Steam helps her to improve her voice and skin. In addition to steam, Idina also finds Kate Somerville’s Purify Clarifying Cleanser good for the skin.
She eats lots of blueberries – it is her healthy go-to snack.
She also likes to eat sushi, chicken, grilled fish, brussels sprouts, and others.
She does Bikram yoga, and boxing under the guidance of a personal trainer. She is really into boxing and enjoys doing it, while Pilates is something, which she finds a little boring as compared to boxing.
Idina Menzel Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Color – Green (previously), deep purple
- Ice Cream Flavor – Rocky Road (Chocolate)
Source – WebMD.com, TV.com
Idina Menzel Facts
- Idina uses she/her pronouns.
- She has a pet dog named, Sammy Davis Jr. Jr.
- Idina’s name is pronounced as “Ih-DEE-nah men-ZELL”.
- Idina was born in Queens (in New York) but grew up in Syosset (in New York).
- Her parents divorced when she was 15.
- She is good friends with actor Adam Pascal. They have also worked together in Rent.
- Idina uses her last name as “Menzel” rather than “Mentzel” just because both sound the same and people don’t even make mistakes (regarding the pronunciation) now.
- Her single “Let It Go” had charted at #17 in the U.S.
- Her sister Cara is three years younger than her.