Scott Leo Diggs
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Taye Diggs studied at the Allendale Columbia School and School of Arts in Rochester.
Later, he got admission at the Syracuse University and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in musical theater.
- Father – Andre Young (Visual Artist)
- Mother – Marcia Berry (Teacher)
- Siblings – Gabriel Diggs (Younger Brother), Michael Diggs (Younger Brother), Shalom Diggs (Younger Sister), Christian Diggs (Younger Sister)
- Others – Jeffries Diggs (Stepfather)
Authentic Talent and Literary Management
Hasn’t released anything.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taye Diggs has dated –
- Idina Menzel (1996-2013) – Taye Diggs started dating with actress Idina after having first met her while working in an original production of the Broadway musical Rent in 1996. In 2003, they got married. In 2009, they welcomed a son, Walker. However, about 4 years later, they were at the end of their marriage. The split was amicable and they decided to raise their son together.
- Amanza Smith Brown (2014-Present) – About 4 months after his separation from Idina Menzel, Taye started going out with model Amanza Smith Brown. Their first public sighting came in April in a swanky restaurant in West Hollywood. They made their relationship public by walking the red carpet together at the BET Awards in June.
Race / Ethnicity
- Muscular body
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Taye Diggs has been featured in print ads for
- 2001 winter collection of GAP
- America’s Milk Processors’ “Got Milk?”
He has starred in the TV adverts for
- Propel Fitness Water
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Having starred in a successful Broadway production such as Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
- Being cast in the role of Terry English in TV series, Murder in the First.
As a Singer
He has done singing work for various Broadway plays.
He debuted with 1998 rom-com film How Stella Got Her Groove Back for his role as Winston Shakespeare.
First TV Show
In 1996, Diggs guest appeared in the role of Stephon in FOX police drama New York Undercover.
Due to his busy schedule, Taye Diggs is able to hit the gym only 3 times a week and does his exercises within 45 minutes each day.
To get the most out of his limited time period workout, he goes for circuit training sessions that are a mixture of cardio, strength training and boxing style drills. In case, he has some time on his hands, he tries to get more cardio work done.
Regarding diet, his diet plan is like –
- Breakfast – A green protein-rich smoothie.
- Lunch – Grilled chicken
- Dinner – Salad is the preference.
In case, he feels hungry in between meals, he likes to munch on healthy nuts. However, he is not prepared to forsake his favorite wine for the sake of his health and his buff physique.
Taye Diggs Favorite Things
- Food – Soul Food
- Style Icons – Sammy Davis Jr., Nat King Cole, Sidney Poitier
- Guilty Pleasure – The Bachelorette
- Movie – Pretty Woman (1990)
Source – Twitter, InStyle, US Magazine
Taye Diggs Facts
- If he hadn’t become an actor, he would have loved to become a teacher as he loves to interact with young people.
- As a token of respect for his mother, he has got her initials MB (for Marcia Berry) tattooed on his left shoulder.
- He has derived his name Taye from Scottaye, which was the nickname used by his friends while growing up.
- His career got a start after he was spotted by a talent agent while participating in a showcase in his senior year at the Syracuse University.
- After graduating from college, he shifted to Japan, where he performed at the Tokyo Disneyland for several months.
- In 2015, he published two children books – Chocolate Me and Mixed Me!, which was published by FSG and illustrated by Shane W. Evans.
- He doesn’t like the smell of beets.
- Connect with Taye on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.