|Zoe Saldana Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Zoe Saldana is an American actress, producer, writer, and voiceover artist who has been cast as Nyota Uhura in Star Trek, Gamora in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films, Neytiri in the Avatar film series, Rosemary Woodhouse in Rosemary’s Baby, Regina in Six Degrees, Aisha in The Losers, Elaine in Death at a Funeral, Nina Simone in Nina, Laila in Drumline, Theresa Jones in Guess Who, María Posada in The Book of Life, and Cataleya Restrepo in Colombiana. In 2019, she became the 2nd highest-grossing film actress of all time because of her appearances in three of the five highest-grossing films of all time (Avatar, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame).
Zoe Yadira Saldaña Nazario
Passaic, New Jersey, United States
She divides her time between –
- New York City, New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Her educational background mainly revolves around the field of dancing. After moving to the Dominican Republic, she joined ECOS Espacio de Danza Academy (also known as Ritmos Espacio de Danza Academy) to learn different dance forms like jazz, Latin, ballet. This, she did until her 10th grade.
Then she returned to Queens, New York to perform in FACES as well as New York Youth Theater.
She has been represented by these agencies –
- IMG Models – New York (as a model)
- ICM Partners
- Bailey Brand Management, Inc., Talent Management Company, El Segundo, California, United States
- LBI Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Century City, California, United States
Actress, Producer, Writer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Aridio Saldaña
- Mother – Asalia Nazario
- Siblings – Cisley Saldaña Nazario (Sister), Mariel Saldaña Nazario (Sister)
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriends / Spouse
Zoe Saldana has dated –
- Keith Britton (2000-2011) – American actor and CEO of My Fashion Database, Keith Britton started dating Zoe in 2000. They engaged in June 2010 but this relationship didn’t go for too long after that time. They broke up their eleven-year long relationship in November 2011. They are just good friends now.
- Bradley Cooper (2011-2012) – Another American actor, Cooper went on dating Saldana from 2011. But this was an ON again, OFF again kind of relationship. E Online confirmed their dating status. This duo also separated in 2012.
- Marco Perego (2013-Present) – She started dating Italian artist, Marco Perego in April 2013 and married him in June 2013. Marco is also nicknamed Pirate Perego due to his long hair and Johnny Depp like looks. She gave birth to twin sons, Bowie Ezio and Cy Aridio in November 2014. Her twins will be knowing both Spanish and English, as she (and her husband Marco) would be speaking both the languages in front of them.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic, White, and Black)
Her father is of Dominican and Haitian descent while her mother has Puerto Rican and Lebanese ancestry.
- Mixed ethnicity
- Often plays strong, dominant heroines
- A resemblance to English actress Thandie Newton
33-25-32 in or 84-63.5-81 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
She did advertisements for Calvin Klein and Roca Wear.
Zoe Saldana has had not talked about her religious beliefs, but she is most likely to be Catholic.
Best Known For
Playing Neytiri (Neytiri te Tskaha Mo’at’ite), the Na’vi chief’s daughter, in James Cameron‘s Avatar (2009 film).
2000 American teen drama film Center Stage for her role as Eva Rodriguez. The movie revolves around the difficulties encountered in professional dance.
First TV Show
In 1999, she appeared in just a single episode titled “Refuge” part 2, in the American police procedural and legal drama television series, Law & Order.
For the Colombiana movie in 2011, she hired a personal trainer, Steve Moyer, who is known for the Moyer method. Though, he is training Saldana since 2009. She does a variety of exercises that aim at different body parts like legs, abs, hips, etc. See which exercises are a part of her workout.
She is a foodie and hence can’t stop herself from eating foods from different areas/ regions. Due to which she needs to work out a lot. She says that she has opted for the wrong business as a big food lover because she needs to stay in shape. See Zoe’s diet plan.
Zoe Saldana Favorite Things
- Food – NYC Chinese food, Mom’s cooked food
- Books that impacted her life – Go Tell It On The Mountain (by Paulo Coelho), Lucy (by Jamaica Kincaid), Different Seasons (by Stephen King), The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (by Junot Díaz)
- Teen Movie Growing Up – Some Kind of Wonderful (1987)
Source – Celebuzz.com, Oprah.com, IMDb
Zoe Saldana Facts
- English and Spanish are her first languages.
- When Zoe was just nine years old, her father died in a car accident.
- She has learned Jazz, ballet, and also modern Latin dance in the past.
- She has spent the majority of her early childhood, growing up in Queens, New York.
- Saldana is a celebrity supporter of FINCA (The Foundation for International Community Assistance) International, which is a non-profit microfinance organization.
- In 1995, she joined to become a member of the FACES theater group in Brooklyn. She also joined the New York Youth Theater.
- She has appeared on several magazine covers for various countries like China, Greece, France, Italy, South Africa, Spain, Russia, Singapore, UK, US, Mexico, Portugal, etc.
- She starred as Cataleya Restrepo in the 2011 French English-language action thriller film, Colombiana. This role won her the Teen Choice Award for “Choice Movie Actress: Action” and ALMA Award for “Favorite Movie Actress Drama/Adventure” in 2012.
- Zoe has also done TV series like Six Degrees (2006-2007), Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2004).
- According to NDTV, she likes the doggy-style s*x position the most.
- On May 3, 2018, Zoe was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6920 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- She was not the first choice to play Gamora in the Guardians of the Galaxy. In fact, the role was first offered to Amanda Seyfried and even Olivia Wilde. After they turned it down, it was then played by Zoe.
- In the past, Zoe was encouraged by her former manager to change her name.
- In April 2022, Zoe was honored with the “Star of the Year” award at CinemaCon.