|Bono Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1960|
Bono is an Irish singer, songwriter, venture capitalist, businessman, actor, producer, writer, and philanthropist who is best recognized for being the lead vocalist and primary lyricist of the rock band U2. Bono has also been active in several social causes and was named as an Honorary Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, United Kingdom by Elizabeth II on January 20, 2007, for “his services to the music industry and for his humanitarian work”.
Paul David Hewson
Bono, Bono Vox, Bon, B-Man, The Mirrorball Man
Rotunda Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Bono studied at Glasnevin National School and Mount Temple Comprehensive School.
Singer, Songwriter, Venture Capitalist, Businessman, Actor, Producer, Writer, Philanthropist
- Father – Brendan Robert “Bob” Hewson
- Mother – Iris (née Rankin)
- Sibling – Norman Hewson (Older Brother)
Bono is represented by –
- Maverick, Music Artist Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Principle Management, Music Artist Management Company, Dublin, Ireland
Rock, Post-Punk, Alternative Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica
As a member of U2, he is signed with Island Records, Interscope Records, Mercury Records, and CBS Ireland.
5 ft 5½ in or 166.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bono has dated –
- Alison Hewson (née Stewart) (1975-Present) – He started dating activist and businesswoman Alison Stewart in 1975 and they got married on August 21, 1982, in a Church of Ireland ceremony at All Saints Church, Raheny. The duo parents 4 children – daughters Jordan Hewson (b. May 10, 1989) and Memphis Eve Hewson (b. July 7, 1991) and sons Elijah Bob Patricius Guggi Q (b. August 17, 1999) and John Abraham (b. May 20, 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
Bono is of Irish and Scottish descent.
- Always wears goggle-like sunglasses
- A distinct Irish accent
- Religious symbolism in songs
- High vocal range
Bono appeared in an Apple iPod TV commercial in 2004 with U2.
- He grew up in the Northside suburb of Finglas, Dublin.
- His mother passed away on September 10, 1974, after suffering a cerebral aneurysm and his father died of cancer in Dublin in August 2001.
- Bono was only 14 years old when his mother died and some of U2‘s songs like I Will Follow, Mofo, Out of Control, and Tomorrow are focused on his mother’s departure.
- His first child was born on his 29th birthday.
- His teenage musical influences included Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, David Bowie, and Marc Bolan.
- Bono shares a friendly bond with artists Brandon Flowers and Neil Jordan.
- He became the first person to be nominated for an Oscar, Grammy, Golden Globe, and the Nobel Prize.
- He was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2005 for his work on Third World debt relief and increasing AIDS awareness.
- Bono is a huge Elvis Presley fan.
- He is the godfather of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt‘s children Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt and Knox Léon Jolie-Pitt.
- He once said, “Great music is written by people who are either running toward or away from God.”
- Bono has described Elton John as the King and Queen of England.
Featured Image by Daniel Hazard / u2start.com / CC BY-SA 4.0
He’s weight is 72 kg