|Raju Srivastav Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1963|
|Date of Death||September 21, 2022|
Raju Srivastav was an Indian comedian, actor, television personality, dancer, and politician who appeared as a contestant in the reality stand-up comedy series The Great Indian Laughter Challenge in 2005 and wrapped up his journey on the show as the 2nd runner-up. He then participated in the show’s spinoff The Great Indian Laughter Challenge – Champions and won the title of “The King of Comedy”. Raju Srivastav was also a part of several other shows and movies like Shaktiman, Aamdani Atthani Kharcha Rupaiyaa, Bigg Boss, Comedy Circus, Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon, Jahan Jaaeyega Hamen Paaeyega, Tea Time Manoranjan, Bombay to Goa, Laugh India Laugh, Baazigar, Abhay, Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala, Mr. Azaad, Comedy Nights with Kapil, Nach Baliye, Gangs of Haseepur, The Kapil Sharma Show, Adaalat, Big Brother, Maine Pyaar Kiya, Waah! Tera Kya Kehna, Vidyaarthi: The Power of Students, Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, Bhavnaon ko Samjho, and Tezaab.
Satya Prakash Srivastava
He was born on December 25, 1963.
After suffering a heart attack on August 10, 2022, he died at the age of 58 on September 21, 2022, while he was still under treatment at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi, India.
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Comedian, Actor, Television Personality, Politician, Dancer
- Father – Ramesh Chandra Srivastava (also known as Balai Kaka) (Poet, Government Employee)
- Mother – Saraswati Srivastava
- Siblings – Deepu Srivastava (Brother) (Actor), Sudha Srivastava (Sister)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Raju Srivastav had dated –
- Shikha Srivastava (1993-2022) – On July 1, 1993, he got married to Shikha Srivastava and they were blessed with 2 children – a daughter named Antara and a son named Ayushman. They remained together until his death.
Race / Ethnicity
Mimicking various celebrities
He was cast in many TV commercials for Swacha Bharat Abhiyaan.
Raju Srivastav Facts
- He was born into a middle-class family.
- In 1989, Raju Srivastav appeared as Shambhu in the Hindi-language romantic musical film Maine Pyar Kiya.
- From 1998 to 2005, he brought to life the character of Durandhar Singh (the 2nd editor of Aaj Ki Awaaz) in the Hindi-language superhero television show Shaktimaan.
- He appeared as Baba Chin Chin Choo in the 2001 Hindi-language comedy film Aamdani Atthanni Kharcha Rupaiya.
- He played Shambhu (Sanjana’s servant) in the 2003 Hindi-language romantic comedy-drama film Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon, starring Hrithik Roshan, Kareena Kapoor, and Abhishek Bachchan.
- Alongside Sunil Pal, Aasif Sheikh, Vijay Raaz, Asrani, Tinnu Anand, and others, Raju Srivastav co-starred as Anthony Gonsalves in the 2007 comedy film Bombay to Goa.
- In 2009, he participated in the 3rd installment of the reality television series Bigg Boss. His fellow contestants for the season included Sherlyn Chopra, Vindu Dara Singh, Shamita Shetty, Kamal Rashid Khan, Claudia Ciesla, and others.
- Alongside his wife, Raju Srivastav participated in the 6th season of the Hindi-language celebrity dance reality television series Nach Baliye in 2013.
- On March 19, 2014, he joined Bharatiya Janata Party and Prime Minister Narendra Modi nominated him as an ambassador of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- On August 10, 2022, Raju Srivastav suffered a heart attack while working out in the gym. He also experienced chest pain before the attack. He subsequently underwent an angioplasty and was put on a ventilator.
- On September 22, 2022, Raju Srivastav was cremated at Nigambodh Ghat crematorium in Delhi. His cremation was attended by many personalities including Sunil Pal and Ahsaan Qureshi.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0