|Shamita Shetty Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shamita Shetty is an Indian Bollywood actor, model, dancer, reality television personality, and interior designer who made her Bollywood debut as Ishika Dhanrajgir in the critically acclaimed film, Mohabbatein, starring Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Aishwarya Rai. This role won her the International Indian Film Academy Award for “Star Debut of the Year (Female)” while she was also nominated for Filmfare Award, Screen Award, and Zee Cine Award in the “Best Female Debut” category. Shamita Shetty has also been cast in movies like Mohabbat Ho Gayi Hai Tumse, Cash, Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai, Saathiya, Heyy Babyy, Pilisthe Palukutha, Wajahh: A Reason to Kill, Hari Puttar: A Comedy of Terrors, Zeher, Raajjiyam, and Bewafaa. In 2009, she appeared as a contestant in the reality show, Bigg Boss 3.
Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shamita Shetty studied at St. Anthony’s Girls’ High School in Mumbai. Later, she got enrolled at Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics and received a degree in Commerce.
She also did a fashion designing diploma from SNDT College and then started her internship with fashion designer Manish Malhotra. Additionally, she did a diploma from Central Saint Martins and Inchbald School of Design in London.
Actor, Model, Interior Designer, Dancer, Reality Television Personality
- Father – Surendra Shetty (Manufacturer of water caps for the pharmaceutical industry)
- Mother – Sunanda Shetty (Manufacturer of water caps for the pharmaceutical industry)
- Siblings – Shilpa Shetty (Older Sister) (Actor, Film Producer, Dancer, Author, Businessperson, Former Model)
- Others – Raj Kundra (Brother-In-Law) (Businessperson), Viaan Raj Kundra (Nephew), Samisha Shetty Kundra (Niece)
Shamita Shetty has been repped by Tribe Entertainment.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shamita Shetty has dated –
- Harman Baweja – She was romantically involved with actor, producer, and entrepreneur Harman Baweja in the past.
- Yuvraj Singh – It was RUMORed that she once dated cricketer Yuvraj Singh.
- Raqesh Bapat (2021-2022) – After appearing on the Bigg Boss OTT together, Shamita and actor Raqesh Bapat started dating. They announced their breakup in July 2022 after dating for nearly a year. Actress Ridhi Dogra, who is also the ex-spouse of Raqesh, was blamed for the split between Shamita and Raqesh.
- Aamir Ali (2023) – In January 2023, Shamita was rumored to be dating actor Aamir Ali after he was seen kissing her while seeing her off after a party. He later denied the dating rumors and revealed that he was ‘single’.
Race / Ethnicity
Shamita Shetty has Tulu Bunt ancestry.
Along with Shilpa Shetty, Shamita Shetty has done endorsement work for Pantene.
Shamita Shetty Facts
- It was Manish Malhotra who saw a spark in her and suggested she try her luck in acting.
- Alongside Emraan Hashmi, she co-starred as Sonia Mehra (Special Investigating Officer) in the 2005 Hindi-language mystery thriller film, Zeher, which is an adaptation of the 2003 American film Out of Time. This role got Shamita Shetty nominated for a Stardust Award for “Star of the Year – Female”.
- For her first solo project as an interior designer, she designed Royalty, a club in Mumbai.
- She was a contestant on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8 in 2015 and concluded her journey as the 2nd runner-up.
- In 2019, Shamita Shetty participated in the 9th season of Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi, a reality and stunt television series. She wrapped up her journey on the show as a finalist.
- Shamita Shetty was cast as a contestant on Voot’s Bigg Boss OTT (also known as Bigg Boss: Over-The-Top) in 2021 and her fellow participants included Divya Agarwal, Zeeshan Khan, Urfi Javed, Akshara Singh, Mayur Verma, Ridhima Pandit, Millind Gaba, Pratik Sehajpal, Neha Bhasin, Raqesh Bapat, and Karan Nath. She finished third in the Bigg Boss OTT show while Divya Agarwal was the winner.
- In January 2022, Shamita had finished 4th in the reality show Bigg Boss 15. Tejasswi Prakash was declared the winner of the season.
- Shamita is a fitness enthusiast and promotes workout, meditation, and yoga.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0