Katie Liu Leung
Katie was born on 8 August, 1987
Motherwell, Scotland, United Kingdom
She completed her secondary education from Hamilton College in Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, Scotland.
She also attended University of the Arts London in London, UK to study arts and design.
Leung did three year acting course from The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
- Father – Peter (Businessman)
- Mother – Kar Wai Li Leung (Works in a law firm)
- Siblings – Jonathan Leung (Brother), Darren Leung (Brother), Nichole Leung (Younger Sister)
Her parents are now divorced.
She is signed to Curtis Brown talent agency.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katie Leung dated –
- Leo Ku (2008-Present) – Since February 4, 2008, Katie is dating Hong Kong based singer, Leo Ku. He is nearly 15 years her senior.
Race / Ethnicity
Pretty dark black hair
34-23-34 in or 87-58.5-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
Her shoe size is speculated to be 7 (US).
She is speculated to be Protestant.
Best Known For
Playing Cho Chang in the films Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (fourth part) (2005) and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (fifth part) (2007).
She debuted her professional acting career with 2005 fantasy film Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for her role as Cho Chang.
First TV Show
Her debut television appearance was rather a guest role in ITV’s British TV drama Agatha Christie’s Poirot for her role as Hsui Tai in an episode titled “Cat Amongst the Pigeons” in 2008.
She has a celebrity crush on Ryan Gosling.
Katie Leung Favorite Things
- Chinese Actors – Aaron Kwok, Stephen Chow
- Actor – Joaquin Phoenix
Source – IMDb
Katie Leung Facts
- She has a personal interest in photography. She also posts her self-clicked photographs on her Tumblr blog.
- To play the role of Cho Chang in the Harry Potter film series, she beat over 3000 girls during the audition process.
- Katie considers herself boring, and a girl who does not like to talk much. So, she likes to listen instead.
- In 2007, she received the title of “Scotland’s Most Stylish Female.”
- Katie is fluent in Cantonese and can speak some Mandarin.
- Katie’s dad owns a Chinese food wholesale firm and a profitable restaurant.
- She had an on-screen kiss with Daniel Radcliffe in 2007 film Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- She relocated to London at the age of 19.
- Her dream role is to play any role that Carey Mulligan has played.