|Stephen Chow Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1962|
Stephen Chow is a Hong Kongese filmmaker, actor, producer, director, playwright, entrepreneur and comedian who came into prominence with his debut film Final Justice (1988) that earned him the Golden Horse Award for “Best Supporting Actor” at the 25th Golden Globe Awards. He gained further recognition by starring in several other movies such as My Hero (1989) and by getting featured in a number of TV shows like The Final Combat (1989). Along with acting, Chow has worked as the producer, director, as well as writer for numerous projects including his blockbuster Kung Fu Hustle (2004), that grossed more than US$106 million worldwide.
Sing Jai, Sing Yeh
British Hong Kong
He went to Heep Woh Primary School in Prince Edward Road in the Kowloon Peninsula. He then attended San Marino Secondary School. After graduating from high school in 1982, he got accepted to TVB‘s acting classes.
Filmmaker, Actor, Producer, Director, Playwright, Entrepreneur, Comedian
- Father – Chow Yik-sheung
- Mother – Ling Po-yee
- Siblings – He has 3 sisters, with Chow Man-kei being his older sister and
Chow Sing-ha being his younger sibling.
His net worth was $30 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Karen Mok – He was in a relationship with Karen Mok, who has been featured alongside him in many films.
- Yu Wenfeng – He had a decade-long relationship with Yu Wenfeng. They broke up in 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Hong Kongese descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Birthmark on his nose
- Prominent Adam’s apple
Stephen Chow Favorite Things
- Director – Steven Spielberg
Source – IMDb
Stephen Chow Facts
- At the age of 9, he had seen Bruce Lee‘s film The Big Boss, which had greatly motivated him to become a martial arts star.
- Stephen has recalled that the films made by Steven Spielberg such as E.T. had left a deep impression on him for being amazing family films that both children and adults could enjoy. He loved such films that could bring happiness and laughter to audiences, or even move them to tears. He got struck by the level of filmmaking of Spielberg that ignited his interest to do family films like CJ7.
- In 2013, his movie Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons was the highest-grossing Chinese movie of all time.
- He has revealed that he has been interested in the intersections between the past and the present, and even the comic and the very tragic.
- Chow has been a romantic at heart.
- He has realized that everyday life elements provide great ideas for comedies. Between being a director, doing comedy or action, he has preferred comedy. Yet he has regarded the structure of the story to be the most important thing in all of his films.
- Stephen has admitted that in the movie Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back (2017) he has wanted to explore the true beauty in all beings.
- When not making a movie, Chow has been noted to be serious and extremely reserved, having appeared to have lost all energy and never wanting to smile.
- He has attempted to stay fit by training in Kung Fu regularly which has also been the way he has relaxed, having found it to be a healthy release.
Featured Image by Stephen Chow Sing-Chi / Instagram