|Chiwetel Ejiofor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 10, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chiwetel Ejiofor is an English actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Adrian Helmsley in 2012, Victor Sweet in Four Brothers, Okwe in Dirty Pretty Things, Solomon Northup in 12 Years a Slave, Trywell Kamkwamba in The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind, and Faraday in The Man Who Fell to Earth. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Murder in Mind, The Canterbury Tales, The Shadow Line, Dancing on the Edge, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, The Elephant Queen, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Mary Magdalene, Secret in Their Eyes, The Martian, American Gangster, Red Dust, Love Actually, Dirty Pretty Things, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like The Seagull, Romeo and Juliet, Othello, Macbeth, and A Season in the Congo. For his acting skills, Chiwetel has been honored with numerous awards such as the BET Award, British Academy Film Award, and AACTA International Award.
Chiwetelu Umeadi Ejiofor
Chiwe (pronounced as Chewy) (His friends call so)
Forest Gate, London, England
Ejiofor attended Dulwich College in Dulwich, south-east London. Due to his early interest in acting, he also joined National Youth Theatre. Later, he also got accepted into the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, but he left it after a year so that he can play the role of Ens. James Covey in the 1997 historical film Amistad directed by Steven Spielberg.
Actor, director, writer
- Father – Arinze Ejiofor (Doctor) (Died in 1988)
- Mother – Obiajulu Ejiofor (Pharmacist)
- Siblings – Zain Asher (Younger Sister) (CNN Correspondent; reports financial news)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chiwetel Ejiofor dated –
- Naomie Harris (2000-2007) – Chiwetel was romantically linked to English actress Naomie Harris from 2000 to 2007.
- Lupita Nyong’o (2012) – The on-screen romance between Kenyan actress Lupita Nyong’o and English actor Chiwetel was RUMORed to went off-screen in 2012 when they were filming for film director Steve McQueen.
- Sari Mercer – He is dating Sari Mercer and has been seen with her publicly during many of the award shows.
Race / Ethnicity
Have scars on the forehead
Best Known For
Playing Okwe in the 2002 film Dirty Pretty Things, Solomon Northup in the 2013 film 12 Years a Slave, and for playing the title role in the William Shakespeare’s play Othello in 2007.
Chiwetel played the role as Ebow in the 1996 television film Deadly Voyage.
First TV Show
In 2001, Chiwetel appeared in the BBC One’s thriller drama anthology series Murder in Mind for his role as DS McCorkindale.
For the 2008 film Redbelt, Chiwetel did a lot of training. He specialized himself in jiu-jitsu, Brazilian martial art. He trained himself at Roger Gracie Academy in London for five months.
Chiwetel Ejiofor Favorite Things
- Holiday Destination – Barcelona, Spain
- Book – Other People’s Trades (By Primo Levi)
- Football Club – Crystal Palace F.C.
Source – MovieFone.com, Wikipedia
Chiwetel Ejiofor Facts
- Chiwetel was born to Nigerian parents.
- His father died in a car accident when Chiwetel was 11 years old. He was also present in the same car, which was hit by a lorry. He was able to survive but got stitches on his forehead.
- His name is pronounced as Chew-eh-tell Edge-ee-oh-for.
- Ejiofor is believed to be one of the greatest actors of his generation.
- In 2007, he was one of 115 people, who were invited to The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS).
- He commenced acting at the age of thirteen.
- If given a chance, he would like to exchange places with American musician, Nat King Cole.
- In the early 90s, he was a part of the band named Blind. He used to sing as a backup singer.
- In 2008, he was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire for his services to the arts. Later, in 2015, he was elevated to the Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
- He is not on Twitter.