|Tinnu Anand Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 12, 1945|
Tinnu Anand is an Indian actor, director, writer, and producer who has worked extensively in the Hindi entertainment industry. Over the years, he has been cast in a variety of films such as Agneepath, Pushpak, Mere Sajana Saath Nibhana, Ghajini, Kabhi Na Kabhi, Ram Jaane, Kaalapani, Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love, Khiladi, Krantiveer, Chandra Mukhi, Trimurti, Bluffmaster!, Papi Gudia, Miss 420, China Gate, Chhupa Rustam, Laaga Chunari Mein Daag, Ghatak, Masoom, Hadh Kar Di Aapne, Saat Rang Ke Sapne, Lajja, Tumse Milke Wrong Number, Kyun! Ho Gaya Na…, Paisa Vasool, Ugly Aur Pagli, De Dana Dan, Dabangg, Dabangg 2, Khatta Meetha, Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya, Hasee Toh Phasee, Rabba Main Kya Karoon, Phata Poster Nikhla Hero, Gorosthaney Sabdhan, Janhit Mein Jaari, and Saaho.
Virender Raj Anand
Bombay, Bombay Presidency, British India
Tinnu Anand attended Mayo College, a boys-only independent boarding school in Ajmer, Rajasthan. He also received training from the legendary filmmaker Satyajit Ray.
Actor, Director, Writer, Producer
- Father – Inder Raj Anand (Film Dialogue Writer, Screenwriter)
- Siblings – Bittu Anand (Younger Brother) (Producer)
- Others – Siddharth Anand (Nephew) (Writer, Producer, Director), Agha (Father-In-Law) (Actor, Singer, Director), Jalal Agha (Brother-In-Law) (Actor, Director), Shahoor Agha (Sister-In-Law), Shahi Agha (Sister-In-Law)
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tinnu Anand has dated –
- Shahnaz Vahanvaty – Tinnu is married to actor Shahnaz Vahanvaty, daughter of actor Agha. The duo has been blessed with 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Tinnu Anand Facts
- His father did not want his sons to make a career in the entertainment industry and Tinnu Anand once said, “..when I told him I wanted to direct films, he was very upset. Ultimately, though, he saw that I didn’t want to do anything else. So he sent me to the best school – the Satyajit Ray School. Mr. Ray and my father were friends, so my father asked him to take me under his wing.”
- Tinnu Anand served as an assistant director to Satyajit Ray for 5 years in Bengali films – Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne (1969), Aranyer Din Ratri (1970), Pratidwandi (1970), Seemabaddha (1971), and Ashani Sanket (1973).
- He was cast as Satveer Kohli (Kalpana’s boss) in the 2008 Hindi-language action thriller film Ghajini, a remake of the 2005 Tamil film of the same name which itself is inspired by the 2000 American neo-noir mystery thriller film Memento.
- He played Masterji (Nirmala’s father) in the 2010 Hindi-language action comedy film Dabangg, starring Salman Khan, Sonakshi Sinha, Arbaaz Khan, and Sonu Sood.
- In 2019, Tinnu Anand brought to life the character of Prithviraj in the action thriller film Saaho. It stars Prabhas, Shraddha Kapoor, Jackie Shroff, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Arun Vijay, and Chunky Pandey.
- As a director, he has worked on films like Shahenshah, Kaalia, Ek Hindustani, Jeena Teri Gali Mein, Duniya Meri Jeb Mein, Main Azaad Hoon, and Yeh Ishq Nahin Aasaan.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0