|Justin Hartley Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 29, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Justin Hartley is an American actor, director, and writer who has gained popularity with his roles in shows such as Adam Newman in The Young and the Restless, Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in Smallville, Nicholas Foxworth “Fox” Crane in Passions, Will Collins in Emily Owens, M.D., Kevin Pearson in This Is Us, Patrick Osbourne in Revenge, Scott Trosman in Mistresses, and Nick Korda in Gemini Division. Moreover, he has also been cast in movies like Spring Breakdown, The Hunt, A Bad Moms Christmas, Little, and Scorpio Men on Prozac.
Justin Scott Hartley
Knoxville, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
After moving in with her mother, Justin attended the Carl Sandburg High School in Orland Park, Chicago. He was then enrolled at the Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
Justin also went to the University of Illinois at Chicago from where he graduated with a major in theater and history.
Actor, Writer, Film Director, Producer
- Father – Mark D Hartley
- Mother – Jackie Hartley
- Siblings – Nathan Hartley (Older Brother), Megan Hartley (Younger Sister)
- Others – Harry Norman Hartley (Paternal Grandfather), Mary F. Moore (Paternal Grandmother), Jack Lee (Maternal Grandfather), Joanne Downey (Maternal Grandmother), David Carrillo (Stepfather), Gabriela Hartley (Younger Half-Sister)
Justin Hartley is represented by Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Justin Hartley has dated –
- Lindsay Hartley (2003-2012) – Justin Hartley started going out with actress Lindsay Korman while working on a TV show together. After dating for almost six months, they got engaged in November 2003. In May 2004, they got married in a small family wedding. She gave birth to a daughter Isabella in July 2004. After eight years of marriage, Lindsay filed for divorce in May 2012 due to irreconcilable differences. They share joint physical and legal custody of their daughter.
- Chrishell Stause (2014-2019) – The Young and the Restless co-stars Justin and Chrishell Stause started going out in 2014. After dating for around two years, Justin got down on his knee and proposed to Chrishell in July 2016. They got engaged in the same month and married each other on October 28, 2017. However, 2 years later, in November 2019, the couple filed for divorce and the divorce was officially finalized in February 2021.
- Sofia Pernas (2020-Present) – He started dating actress Sofia Pernas in 2020 and they were also spotted kissing on May 28, 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Irish, German, Swedish, French, and Dutch descent.
- Blonde Hair
- Chiseled Jaw
Justin Hartley starred in a TV advert for Toyota Tundra (special edition double cab model).
In 2002, he was featured in a nationwide commercial for the Miller Genuine Draft.
Best Known For
- Working in the superhero drama series, Smallville from 2006 to 2011
- Starring as Adam Newman in CBS soap opera, The Young and the Restless, a role for which he received a 2016 Daytime Emmy Award nomination in the “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series” category
Justin Hartley made his first film appearance in Race you to the Bottom as Joe in 2005.
First TV Show
He made his TV debut in the leading role in Passions in 2002 as Nicholas Foxworth “Fox” Crane. He kept appearing on the show until 2006 and was also nominated for the Soap Opera Digest Award for “Outstanding Younger Lead Actor” in 2005.
To prepare for his superhero role in Smallville, he devised a fitness routine comprising of strength training sessions and intense cardio routines. The strength training workouts comprised of free weights, cables, and a number of bodyweight exercises.
He maximized his workout gains by making it difficult for his body to adapt to the workouts. For the same purpose, he would work out in the morning or afternoon instead of evenings.
The cardio sessions were three times a week with each session lasting from 30 to 45 minutes. For cardio, he focused on biking and jogging with occasional tennis games thrown in.
He cut out refined flour, saturated fats, and dairy from his diet. The focus was on dark leafy vegetables and protein sources such as whole nuts, which he ate for breakfast.
Justin Hartley Favorite Things
- City – Los Angeles, London, Chicago
- Songs – Bring It on Home to Me (By Wilson Pickett), Away From the World (By Dave Matthews Band), Shut up and Hold On (By Toby Keith), Feeling Alright (By Joe Cocker)
- TV Shows – The West Wing (1999-2006), The Dukes of Hazzard (1979-1985)
- Sports Teams – Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago Bears, Chicago Bulls
- Music Band – Maroon 5
- Fish – Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
Source – LIVE Twitter Q/A, Heavy
Justin Hartley Facts
- Justin Hartley has played two DC comics superheroes – The Green Arrow in the TV series Smallville and the Aquaman in the pilot episode for the show of the same name.
- While working in Smallville, he worked as a director for one episode, while co-writing one episode as well.
- In 2016, he started playing the role of Kevin Pearson, Jack and Rebecca’s biological son, in the romantic family tragedy television series, This Is Us. For this role, he was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series” and Teen Choice Award for “Choice Drama TV Actor” in 2019.
- The role of Kevin Pearson in This is Us was written by the show creator Dan Fogelman, especially for Justin Hartley.
- While in high school, he excelled in sports and was on the school team for baseball, soccer, and basketball.
- In 2005, he revealed during a Passions fan fest that he would be leaving the show and his character in the series would be recast.
- Justin got a gym built at his home during the early lockdown phase in 2020. But, while working out, he tore his biceps off his arm which took 3 months to heal.
- He has a dog named The Gooch who is half beagle-half terrier.